Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand bike in Dublin

• 04-12-2004 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anybody know a good place to buy a second hand bike here?. My best would be a dutch style one but I know they are difficult to find (tough they are the best for the city I can say, after 2,5 years living in Amsterdam).

Any reference for the Belfield bike shop at the UDC?.

Thanks for your advises,

Gustavo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think Penny Farthing bikes in Camden Street sell some secondhand bikes and you can be fairly sure they are in good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭gzoladz

So I will try Penny Farthing tomorrow. Today I cycled all the way from Phibsborough to the UDC to hear that they don't have one single bike left.
    Hope to be luckier tomorrow.
    Thanks, Victor.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

gzoladz wrote:
    So I will try Penny Farthing tomorrow.
    Hope I'm not too late, there is also Macdonalds on Wexford street which is quite close although I don't know if they will have secondhand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Thanks Victor, on my way to Camden I saw Mc Donalds. Both have very much the same.
    Not being an urgent matter I will still spend some time trying to find a dutch style one.
    I was promised one in a bike shop in Dorset for saturday. Let's see if I am lucky :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chris160

Hi Gustavo,
    Have you had any luck finding a second hand dutch bike in dublin. I too am looking for one.
    Christine

• Advertisement
Advertisement