Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung galaxy watch 42mm

Options
  • 14-06-2020 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Amazon.es have the 42mm galaxy watch for 150 delivered at the moment
    Seems a decent price for the features

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Amazon.es have the 42mm galaxy watch for 150 delivered at the moment
    Seems a decent price for the features

Link to deal

Great price OP, thank you for pointing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sidford

Never bought something from non UK Amazon, does it work as normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Sidford wrote: »
    Never bought something from non UK Amazon, does it work as normal?

Yeah ,its the very same in my experience. I've bought several items from non UK site.Its sold by amazon and not a third party so there should be zero hassle .

says 'spanish version' is there any regionalised element to functionality?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

yabadabado wrote: »
    Yeah ,its the very same in my experience. I've bought several items from non UK site.Its sold by amazon and not a third party so there should be zero hassle .

Likewise, I bought from Amazon DE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Be careful...the reviews state it isn't a Spanish version... Romanian..and Samsung pay and a few other things not working

says 'spanish version' is there any regionalised element to functionality?

Good Q never thought about that. Was going to buy it for wife's Xmas present, wanted to get her a smart watch and reviews for these are very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Be careful...the reviews state it isn't a Spanish version... Romanian..and Samsung pay and a few other things not working

Samsung pay doesn't work anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭NTC

Samsung pay does not work in Ireland anyway, none of the banks support it.

I have a US watch and works fine. A good bargain here, but I think there is a new watch coming next month so they might be clearing stock.

Thanks OP, just got one for other half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

Still no Samsung pay in Ireland. We have Garmin pay FFS.

Great watch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭caddy16

feelings wrote: »
    Still no Samsung pay in Ireland. We have Garmin pay FFS.

Great watch though.

Is there anyway around it like using one of the online uk based accounts do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭NTC

caddy16 wrote: »
    Is there anyway around it like using one of the online uk based accounts do you know?

Nope, I think it is something to do with Samsung themselves. They only support 2 countries, USA and Australia. (Google play supports 24 countries).

Blog post here: https://blog.revolut.com/samsung-pay-vs-google-pay/

Google pay on a watch (wear os) is also very limited in terms of countries

Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Poland, Russia, Spain, the UK, or the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

€169 before delivery now, delivery is around €8. Went to Power city there it's €299 so still a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Mine arrived today, ordered on June 14th. Thanks again for highlighting, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Works fine with in Ireland and the language is OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bluedoor27

What's battery life like?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭hopskipandjump

bluedoor27 wrote: »
    What's battery life like?

The battery life isn't great, you get about a day and a half. I have mine about a year and love it other than having to charge it every night. I would only upgrade it for a longer battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

If you're with BOI you can't even do Google Pay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

The pay function on this watch is samsung pay, which doesn't work for any bank in Ireland :rolleyes: Great watch though! Recently got the 44mm Active 2, outside of the battery life being only 2 days it's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Its a pity the battery life is so short but once you get in the habit of charging it regularly its OK.

I've a few things turned off and that makes a big difference. Turned off always on display and heart rate monitor. I knock about 3 days from the battery that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

im with bank of Ireland and i do google pay with my revolut card. its not complicated you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭kenyard

im with bank of Ireland and i do google pay with my revolut card. its not complicated you know?

which is great except this watch isnt google pay its samsung pay.
    i have no idea if revolut supports them but i do know that no other bank did as of march this year.
    lots of people complaining on samsung forums asking why the watch is sold in ireland if it doesnt support.
    I'm going to get a garmin myself due to battery life 5+ days, and it works off garmin pay (which is supported via revolut in ireland).

price point on this watch is awesome tho i will admit. im looking at 220 when discount hits, but im hoping due to the new line of watches coming there is a bigger sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Not sure what the point is here, BOI still does not support Google Pay. You have to use another banks card to use Google Pay, in your case Revolut. It's like saying "I'm with Bank of Ireland and I do Google pay with my AIB card."

Advertisement