Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 256 FIG V MORENO

• 13-12-2020 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭

XGl0Csb.png

It should read ferguson v oliveira as that's the real main

should be a cracker of a card, holland souza a fun fight, fig will no doubt
    try to take morenos head from his shoulders

oliveira pts
    fig sub
    souza pts

my guesses, just about to start

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,331 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

No posts, is nobody watching?

Great to see Cub Swanson back near his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭The White Feather

The weirdos are out tonight messaging Megan Olivi on twitter!!

https://twitter.com/MeganOlivi/status/1337945991547260929?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

eagle eye wrote: »
    Great to see Cub Swanson back near his best.

Yeah, that was a good fight. I think the lack of comments is due to the card. Some good fights, but nothing with real consequences.
    If it was on in the middle of the night for me i wouldn't be staying up to watch it.

Time for Junior to retire i think

• Advertisement

Time for Junior to retire i think

And Jacare...

What a KO from Kevin Holland !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Father Time in the form of Charles Oliveira handing out a whooping to Tony Ferguson

Ferguson is getting manhandled here. Against Khabib or Mcgregor or he would have been shut down very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Called oliviera as the future of the ufc about ten years ago, then lol'd at myself. I could have been right all along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Literally lost every single bet the whole night until that Dern fight. Love Tony, but bet on Olivera. Got Woodley vibes off Tony tonight.. You're only invincible til you get beaten. Have a big bet (for me) on Fig inside 5 now.

Great fight!

I don't think I've ever seen two more intense rounds.

I think Moreno is two points up after three rounds.

Jesus this is some scrap altogether.

This is one for the ages.. Reminds me of Joanna v Weili

Last big fight of the year is the fight of the year for me and still one round to go.

I think Moreno wins it by the point taken away from Figueiredo.

Draw, don't agree but I've only one word to day.

Rematch!!!!!!

Can't really complain about that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,924 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

darced wrote: »
    Called oliviera as the future of the ufc about ten years ago, then lol'd at myself. I could have been right all along.

His jiu jitsu is incredible to watch. Getting the recognition now that he holds the record, but was criminally underrated as a submission fighter for years.

On the other hand, I've also felt Tony's jiu jitsu was over rated. It's not bad by any means, his triangle escape was good. But people talking abut his 10thPlanet brown belt as if he had magic powers.
    He had a good streak, but realistically he scrapped by in a few of them. Which doesn't cut it in the top 5.

Draw, don't agree but I've only one word to day.

Rematch!!!!!!
    How did you score it?

I had Davidson 3 rounds to 2, so a draw after the deduction.
    They're both getting win bonus after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Mellor wrote: »
    He had a good streak, but realistically he scrapped by in a few of them. Which doesn't cut it in the top 5.

I think his character, and toughness, sways a lot of people. He should have tapped tonight from that armbar, he's definitely different.

I did feel his run was a bit overblown. There seemed to be a lot of shock when Gaethje beat him, but they've shared three opponents. And whatever Tony did to them, Gaethje did better.

Always found the abuse Khabib gets for beating Iaquinta for the title strange. Ferguson won the interim belt against Kevin Lee, but nothing was said. Iaquinta beat Kevin Lee twice.

derfderf wrote: »
    I think his character, and toughness, sways a lot of people. He should have tapped tonight from that armbar, he's definitely different.

I did feel his run was a bit overblown. There seemed to be a lot of shock when Gaethje beat him, but they've shared three opponents. And whatever Tony did to them, Gaethje did better.

Always found the abuse Khabib gets for beating Iaquinta for the title strange. Ferguson won the interim belt against Kevin Lee, but nothing was said. Iaquinta beat Kevin Lee twice.

Iaquinta isn't a championship level fighter.
    Neither is Kevin Lee. I think Tony only scrapped past him, also look flakey at time vrs Lando. :rolleyes:

Mellor wrote:
    Iaquinta isn't a championship level fighter. Neither is Kevin Lee. I think Tony only scrapped past him, also look flakey at time vrs Lando.
    What about his performances against RDA and Pettis?

Mellor wrote:
    How did you score it?

I had Davidson 3 rounds to 2, so a draw after the deduction. They're both getting win bonus after that.
    I gave Moreno two, three and four. Then there was the point deduction in three also.
    Having said that I wouldn't complain with a draw as three was a close round.
    I disagreed because one judge gave the win to Figueiredo.
    The judges were all over the shop. One of them gave the fifth to Moreno and the second to Davidson in a draw.
    The guy who called him the winner gave him the second round.

What about his performances against RDA and Pettis?

He was initial losing to Pettis. He got the win, but got hit a lot. Always does, that’s not a good trait.

Pretty sure he was down verses RDA too. Never ahead until the 5th. He won, I’m not taking away his wins. But his streak was made up of a lot of close fights where he scraped by.

Mellor wrote:
    He was initial losing to Pettis. He got the win, but got hit a lot. Always does, that’s not a good trait.

Pretty sure he was down verses RDA too. Never ahead until the 5th. He won, I’m not taking away his wins. But his streak was made up of a lot of close fights where he scraped by.
    Yeah it's just his way of fighting, on the edge all the time but gifted in every facet.
    I think he's done now myself. I think he's taken too much punishment over his career and he can't anymore, a bit like Robbie Lawler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

That was an excellent night of fights. I just finished watching all the prelims and the main card and I enjoyed every single fight. I wasn't expecting much from any fight other than Ferguson v Oliviera and I was pleasantly entertained.

The main event was an absolute cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Some great fights last night.

I've noticed in recent months the amount of fighters promoting gambling is getting bigger and bigger, and I actually said it to my OH yesterday that I noticed a big push for this event, then the main event ends in a draw, some happy bookies out there today. :pac:

Advertisement