Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Or a carefully orchestrated pr stunt

I think she's grand, like 16 year olds have been famous for stuff before and people weren't getting tied in such knots about it. The fact that she's wants to change the world rather than fill our ears with pop music, or act in teen rom coms seems to really irk some people though. She's essentially an influencer except she's not talking about makeup she's talking about stuff that might matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

She is 17

Baggly wrote:
    She is 17

LOL!

What. She is.:D

I think wanting to change the world at any age great. Actually putting it in to some sort of action is amazing. My skepticism is around people using her to push their own beliefs. Maybe that's not whats happening though.

• Advertisement

I'm not a fan of any kind of "influencer" but to some people makeup matters a great deal.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Actor on celebrity mastermind was asked a question:
    "The book of speeches called "little things can make a difference" is a collection of speeches by a 16 year old climate change activist from Sweden. What is her name?

The actress answered "Sharon".

Today, Greta Thunberg changed her twitter name to Sharon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

sullivlo wrote: »
    Actor on celebrity mastermind was asked a question:
    "The book of speeches called "little things can make a difference" is a collection of speeches by a 16 year old climate change activist from Sweden. What is her name?

The actress answered "Sharon".

Today, Greta Thunberg changed her twitter name to Sharon.

Such a non story, christ, how can someone then say she won the internet from that!

What a pile of excrement.

Kid watches celebrity mastermind and changes her nick to insult a contestant who answered a question about her incorrectly.

She should take good hard look at her choices and how they can harm others, especially the contestant on mastermind.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

sKeith wrote: »
    Such a non story, christ, how can someone then say she won the internet from that!

Kid watches celebrity mastermind and changes her nick to insult a contestant who answered a question about her incorrectly.

She should take good hard look at her choices and how they can harm others, especially the contestant on mastermind.
    Because it was a light hearted thing on the internet that made me smile amongst the rest of the cesspit of WW3 doomsday on twitter. If it offends you I will retract my statement about her winning the internet :rolleyes:

These things became a lot more contentious since winning the internet was made an actual trophy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Where did people go to complain before the internet?

Gave up on Twitter as it is a cesspit as it just people trying to out-edgy each other with views and arguments.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    Gave up on Twitter as it is a cesspit as it just people trying to out-edgy each other with views and arguments.

It seems to have made an entire generation of people vastly more stupid for sure, dumbing everything down into a set number of characters.

The ranting and raving forum here is really great on the other hand.

:D

sKeith wrote:

That's even more hyperbolic than winning the internet.

We all enjoy funny things that happen by accident. We have long standing jokes in the forum about people who make mistakes. The whole posting in the wrong account, for me, as an example.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Because it was a light hearted thing on the internet that made me smile amongst the rest of the cesspit of WW3 doomsday on twitter. If it offends you I will retract my statement about her winning the internet :rolleyes:

No need to retract anything, we are allowed to hold and express differing opinions. Just because mine are right doesn’t mean you need to erase your opinions. If we all did that, then we’d never have a ww3.

I think sK is joking :D

What gives you that impression? :cool:

What gives you that impression? :cool:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

No need to retract anything, we are allowed to hold and express differing opinions. Just because mine are right doesn’t mean you need to erase your opinions. If we all did that, then we’d never have a ww3.

Opinions are like arses, everyone has one. Doesn't mean it should be made public.

Also some are
    full of #$%&

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Good good, not just me. Peoples reactions were making me wonder if my one of these was on the blink
    giphy.gif

Expecting to be much busier the next several months so may not be taking part in as many games here myself during that time :( but I'll be back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Necro wrote: »
    I've actually been inspired by the show to start the Witcher books so it can work both ways :)

Previously other series being announced have made me pick up the book before or during the show too

Just started the books there before the show came out. They're enjoyable enough. I'm starting to think I should've just watched the show though. I didn't like the show's treatment of the deovil storyline. Too short and rushed. But I am enjoying the show though. Surprised at how decent Henry Cavill is as Geralt.

I'm just back to work today after the Christmas holidays so have a mountain of stuff to catch up on. Today is the first day in 2 weeks that I've dried my hair with an actual hairdryer and one of the very few days where I've had to put on makeup or outdoor clothes. The last 2 weeks were bliss. Binge watched almost a full season of Lucifer which I'm quite enjoying. Finished off Unraveled too which was a really cute little game and started playing Diablo III with husband which is going well so far. A very productive Christmas for me so. :D Happy New Year everyone.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Surprised at how decent Henry Cavill is as Geralt.

I've only watched 2/3 episodes but I've been really struck by how still he is in it, like there's no superfluous motion or intonation at all, he's very like the game character.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Howdy folks. Drive by posting as I'm enjoying my Walrus playlist and wanted to say cheers again to everyone who entered it. Found some really cool music through it :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ECTO!! How's the new job :)

Necro wrote: »
    ECTO!! How's the new job :)

It's really hard work. I've 2 Leaving Cert classes so am up to my eyeballs. Taking over in December is hard. Have just about caught up with myself and having a Friday evening off for a change :D

It is a lovely place to work and kids are nice though. So mostly good I was just unprepared for the workload.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

WOOHOO welcome back Ecto!

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    It is a lovely place to work and kids are nice though. So mostly good I was just unprepared for the workload.
    What school are you in?

(Obviously PM the answer :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I needed to chat with you about something ecto, but i've forgotten now...

• Advertisement

tusk wrote: »
    I needed to chat with you about something ecto, but i've forgotten now...

Well...when you remember ;)

Advertisement