Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deliveroo Vs Ubereats Vs Just Eat

Options
  • 03-06-2019 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭

I always thought Just Eat was an Irish company... Now they are moving their staff out of Ireland (and the fact they never deliver my drink) I am considering using one of the others...

Are Deliveroo or Ubereats any good? Is there certain restaurants they serve, or will I get the same range from either? I'm in suburban Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Marvin is quite good also.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

They all serve pretty much the same restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Marvin are Irish try them. Also you get 25% off your first order for a new account which maybe can be used a few times with a few tricks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Marvin, JustEat, Deliveroo, WhatsForDinner, are all much the same in terms of functionally and offerings, though I have to say UberEats is a joke in comparison (in Galway anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

They all serve pretty much the same restaurants.

For me they are different. With Just Eat you’ll get what is local in which case you’re better off just getting a cod & chips whereas Deliveroo you get the places that are willing to send Giovanni on a 10 mile round jaunt on his bicycle for the sake of a cold paella

Then again there’s some higher end places on Deliveroo that are closer to me but they decided they’re too good for just eat.... when all’s said and done though I miss my local Supermacs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

The thing that annoys me about deliveroo is that they don't state the location of the restaurant when you're ordering.

I used it a couple of times a while back and ordered from places, to only find out it was coming from a franchise about 6km away instead of the one that's maybe 1km away from me, and the food ended up being luke warm as a result.

Marvin is another equivalent to just eat, focused more on local chippers and takeaways etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

The thing that annoys me about deliveroo is that they don't state the location of the restaurant when you're ordering.

I used it a couple of times a while back and ordered from places, to only find out it was coming from a franchise about 6km away instead of the one that's maybe 1km away from me, and the food ended up being luke warm as a result.

Marvin is another equivalent to just eat, focused more on local chippers and takeaways etc

Just press the encircled i at “Restaurant Notes” and you’ll see where it’s coming from. At least until we get”dark kitchens”.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Marcusm wrote: »
    Just press the encircled i at “Restaurant Notes” and you’ll see where it’s coming from. At least until we get”dark kitchens”.

Doesn't show on most of them for me, just shows dietary information etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19 GALWAYGUY2019

I use deliveroo, but think there service isnt what its used to be. Plus they definitely invent restaurants. There isnt a marios any more in Galway, Never heard of flame and grill and cant find a tasty thai and im sure there are a few more not real restaurants. Something fishy. Im just skeptical since the whole uber eats video with them delivering from someones BBQ on there front garden

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Check out Joe lycett getting an ubereats delivered from a skip!!

https://youtu.be/PsFxzH7lV8U

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 GALWAYGUY2019

Check out Joe lysaght getting an ubereats delivered from a skip!!

ya that was hillarious. shocking it could happen. but can imagine if there are made up restaurants, guarantee some people are cooking from there kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

So then I looked at people and takeaways and restaurants and said to myself,

"what if I could insert myself as an inconvenient barrier between them, and make tons of money as an unnecessary middle-man?"

All those things wreck my head, to the point I'll go out of my way not to use them. I especially love how they hide phone numbers so as you can't ring the place directly.

Fook them all, and their shyt employment practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Never had any problems with Just Eat, anything goes wrong and it’s only a phone call away to get your money back. Ubereats and Deliveroo have both failed to deliver orders in the past and the less said about Marvin the better

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Gig economy jobs delivering crap food. Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

If they are Irish it will only be short lived - they'll either go bankrupt of if they're successful they'll be gobbled up by one of the Merkin Tech giants from Silicon Valley or some pensions investment crowd you never heard of.

Unfortunately the Irish desire to sell up and head to barbados squandering your millions from the comfort of your hammock tied between two palm trees is too great for any lad to consider holding on to their company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Marvin is quite good also.

Nearly at my 10th (free) meal with poppadom. Infinite prawn momos...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

If they are Irish it will only be short lived - they'll either go bankrupt of if they're successful they'll be gobbled up by one of the Merkin Tech giants from Silicon Valley or some pensions investment crowd you never heard of.

Unfortunately the Irish desire to sell up and head to barbados squandering your millions from the comfort of your hammock tied between two palm trees is too great for any lad to consider holding on to their company.

I think these “tech” companies may not be around in the near future. They attract customers by being cheap but don’t make a profit, in order to make a profit they need to increase prices which then drives away customers.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-uber-ipo-lyft-fare-increase-20190511-story.html%3f_amp=true

Advertisement