Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ouija Board Fear ...

• 04-11-2008 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought a Ouija board from ebay about 3 months ago.... i'm dying to use it but am terrrified that i'll let ghosts and spirits into my house to stay... even after i stop using the board.

This fear is based on stuff i've seen on tv.

I even keep the unopened board in my garden shed rather than in my house i'm so nervous!!! :o

Can anyone tell me if i'm over-reacting or if this fear is justified ! - coz i'd love to try .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

The real danger is your fear. If you're worried about using it then dont use it. Simple.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If you are this nervous without ever opening the box, Id say dont try it. Youll wreck your head. :)

Are you overreacting? A little maybe. That said, I dont like ouija. Not so much because of the danger of releasing spirits into your home, but because of the fear that the bloody things create. Which you now feel without even using it. It might work for you, it might not. If it did work, whether by spirits or ideomotor effect, Id be afraid that it would make what you feel now 100 times worse.

There are better things to do for fun, tbh. And better ways to make spirit contact, if thats your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Karmaa

I tried that last year, a friend of mine knew alot about the ouija board and it worked....scared me ****less to be honest, but he just said you have to respect and obey the rules of the ouija.
    It's not something I would try unless there was someone experienced in dealing with stuff like this present....
    Good luck with it hope it works out for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭The-Star

If you are afraid dont use it. Fear will let in other energies. These boards bring in a lower energy and you should know how the handle them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭poster

the ouiji board should only be used by experienced mediums who know how to use them and control the energies around them. they can cause problems if not used correctly like any form of mediumship.

t

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

If your not comfortable with it dont use it - simple as!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Have to agree with the rest of the posters dont use it if you are afraid.If you ar elike this now and you havent even opened iy,can you imagine what youd be like if you used it.Ive had bad experieces using one so id tell you definately not.Unless you were with someone who knows how to use it.Leave well alone the things you are afraid of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

Ouija boards don't have any constructive uses and the only result they yield is fear (real or imagined).

Buy a pack of tarot cards or a runes set instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 astrolo

I really would'nt go near a ouija board if I was you, you really have no way of knowing what or who you are talking to ,its like the internet really when you think about it, and if something really scary happens it might affect you for a very long time, Go to a medium if you want to contact someone on the other side, you wouldnt know how to protect yourself from evil energy, think twice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

The replies in the thread clearly illustrate the power of thought in action. A fearful mind will attract the lower vibrations, relative to yourself, no ouija board being necessary at all.

Easily sorted. Raise your thinking tones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Well if I was you I wouldnt have bought it in the first place. How come you bought it knowing what you saw on TV about it?

My advice throw it out with the rubbish. I have an old saying, If in doubt leave it out!

So best rid of it and put your mind at ease.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

merlie wrote: »
    Well if I was you I wouldnt have bought it in the first place. How come you bought it knowing what you saw on TV about it?

My advice throw it out with the rubbish. I have an old saying, If in doubt leave it out!

So best rid of it and put your mind at ease.
    o/t Hi Merlie... good points, but please stick to black fonts... yellow is agony on the eyes. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Shrek's mate

missbusy wrote: »
    Hi,

I bought a Ouija board from ebay about 3 months ago.... i'm dying to use it but am terrrified that i'll let ghosts and spirits into my house to stay... even after i stop using the board.

This fear is based on stuff i've seen on tv.

I even keep the unopened board in my garden shed rather than in my house i'm so nervous!!! :o

Can anyone tell me if i'm over-reacting or if this fear is justified ! - coz i'd love to try .

My sincerest advice to you would be to burn the Ouiji board. Playing around with one of these is very dangerous it's not a toy- and it would be like having unwanted guests crashing your party.
    What they don't tell you on these tv shows, is that not only do you put yourself in jeopardy - but your family too. You will not be able to discern whether it's dark entity that comes through, because they will trick you by pretending they are a passed family member etc and cause chaos.
    Once you have invited them in then the trouble starts especially if you do not know how to protect yourself.

A good medium can contact the spirit world for you , without using a ouiji board and this would be a much safer option...
    Plus we don't contact the dead...they contact us!
    A psychic can give you information, but a medium gives you proof of the afterlife. This is the difference so peopel don't get scammed.
    All the best and i hope you burn it and be rid of it...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

my advice to you is to not touch the bloody thing!
    This is something for experienced mediums only, god knows what you could invite in, and if you do. the stuff that comes in from the ouiji board follows you.
    Also you could ask for a family member, and it could be something else claiming to be family. please do not do this!

Advertisement