Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

Nice headsets! I got a razer Kraken tournament as someone spotted it for €40 on here. Very comfortable.

Ya think I'll stay the long road and aim for 100k points . Do your points have a time limit? I think I saw something about that, or maybe it's just the gift cards.

Anyhow... at 59,700 .

Nice easy game that has an achievement every 5 minutes , can be done on your Android phone.

Oh yeah meant to say 100 treasure is in your Xbox app app today. Gotta check that app every day.

Anyone done the State of Decay plague, hearts quest, I like the game but if it's hours I don't think I'll bother. Someone said you can just get the first one and restart the tutorial and get it again! rewards hunter has a tutorial on YouTube. It can be done from cloud/Android too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

Treppen wrote: »
    Oh yeah meant to say 100 treasure is in your Xbox app app today. Gotta check that app every day.

Anyone done the State of Decay plague, hearts quest, I like the game but if it's hours I don't think I'll bother. Someone said you can just get the first one and restart the tutorial and get it again! rewards hunter has a tutorial on YouTube. It can be done from cloud/Android too.

I completed it, the fact the first one is given is a god send, then get a car and drive from observation point to observation point, and hope a plague heart appears on the map

You dont need to actually play the tutorial so I could have done this quicker really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I've got the 1000G on Donut County alright, it's actually a pretty fun game :)

As for the State of Decay hearts quest, think it took me all of 6 or 7 mins to complete.
    There was instructions on the true achievements site, that I'll copy below.
    When I loaded in, there was 2 hearts about 500m apart, so an easy get :)

1. Choose Campaign
    2. New Game (Start a New Community)
    3. Skip Tutorial
    4. Chose Providence Ridge
    5. Chose Green Level
    6. Choose 3 Survivors
    7. Start Community
    8. Skip Cut Scene
    9.. Open map
    10. Find Skull in Blood Drop (Plague Heart)
    11. When you get to the Plague Heart, the two people with you will help you destroy it. They even started attacking it when I was dealing with some zombies.

Instructions come from this page, to give the OP their credit :)
    https://www.trueachievements.com/xbox-quests/state-of-decay-2-juggernaut-edition

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Ya think I'll stay the long road and aim for 100k points . Do your points have a time limit? I think I saw something about that, or maybe it's just the gift cards.

Gift cards redeemed from Rewards Points only last 90 days. Normally purchased gift cards don't expire. So if you're planning to buy something, make sure it's in stock before cashing in your rewards points - hence I'm a bit bunched on my xbox purchase, still a few weeks off though so fingers crossed

As for State of Decay, I was going to skip it but ye lot make it seem easy so I may have a bash, it's not a bad game from what I played before.

• Advertisement

So I signed up to TCB and opened a new Just Eat account and pigged out. We'll see if I get the 25% back in a few days. I have my doubts though. I had it in my browser extension and went through the TCB site but it brought me to just eat UK but I signed in grand and it brought me to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Darren 83

theteal wrote: »
    Was this bit there yesterday? Maybe I'm getting selective eyesight in my old age.

My TCB is in no way linked to my xbox. I've used it for a few years and claimed over £1000 in that time. I only mention it here as they're offering the 10% bump for redeeming a balance as xbox gift cards so I'm gonna use it for the X. I've not redeemed this way before so not sure how it works just yet, for all I know they could send a physical gift card in the post.

Revolut can hold multiple currencies so I dont think it matters where its registered.

Link for this website please?
    TIA

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Link for this website please?
    TIA

topcashback?

Ya I tried it for Microsoft purchases but it won't allow UK site purchase.
    TCB have an Irish section but f'all on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ya I tried it for Microsoft purchases but it won't allow UK site purchase..

You don't have to purchase from the UK site, change region once you have clicked through from TCB and it will still track your purchase

Seeing all these winner posts on reddit from the new slot machine thing on Rewards is quite annoying, why do we never get these

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    You don't have to purchase from the UK site, change region once you have clicked through from TCB and it will still track your purchase

Seeing all these winner posts on reddit from the new slot machine thing on Rewards is quite annoying, why do we never get these

I clicked through from the UK site but when I went to buy on the Irish site the purchase wouldn't go through. When I turned off the TCB chrome extension it worked straight away :(

maximoose wrote: »

I'm not going near that. Those reddit post remind me of my gambling mates. You hear all about the rare wins, not a peep about the much more common losses.

Ok so folks, if it's achievements you want it's achievements you'll get :pac:

17 Achievements after the first 10 minutes... there's a bucket more after and he goes through how to get them all.

The tutorial is a bit of a bore to get through, don't bother reading any of the advice just keep skipping though it then find the hidden chapter/level select room when the game starts.

Can be done on Xcloud touch with Android (no need for controller).

Ok so folks, if it's achievements you want it's achievements you'll get :pac:

17 Achievements after the first 10 minutes... there's a bucket more after and he goes through how to get them all.

The tutorial is a bit of a bore to get through, don't bother reading any of the advice just keep skipping though it then find the hidden chapter/level select room when the game starts.

Can be done on Xcloud touch with Android (no need for controller).

Always good to have a backlog of easy achievements. I'm currently using Call of the Sea to get my daily 50, not far from the end now though. I'll definitely add that to the list.

I've mentioned before that I'd been banned for VPN usage for a few years now, so I just got used to ignoring the rewards popping on Xbox. Today I noticed my rewards balance was showing in the start menu in windows 10 (I rarely use the start menu) so I clicked on it and was taken to the rewards site, my balance from before I got banned was intact 37k and surprise, surprise I was able to redeem them, not only that I am now able to turn in new quests.

No idea when they unbanned me or if it's time based. I tried reasoning with support but was told in no uncertain terms I broke the rules so tough.

Any way got 3 months Ultimate and a month for turning on auto renew which I then turned off.

Worth checking for anyone else that was hit with a ban. My biggest problem is that I've likely got a lot of the achievements that come up as rewards or are in game I don't want to start and never finish.

Always good to have a backlog of easy achievements. I'm currently using Call of the Sea to get my daily 50, not far from the end now though. I'll definitely add that to the list.

Careful though, because it's a skip level you can't avoid getting those 16 achievements in one go! Unless you pull your plug out or something.

If I use a gift card redeemed from Microsoft rewards as part payment would I still give the points from the punch card? Looking at Cod punch card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Darren 83 wrote: »
    If I use a gift card redeemed from Microsoft rewards as part payment would I still give the points from the punch card? Looking at Cod punch card.
    Once you have purchased the Gift card (whether it's by redeeming Rewards points or with cash) and you use it to buy something, yes, you should receive the rewards points for the item purchased - e.g. if you spend it on COD content for the punch card. I've used it in the past for the Movies punch card.

The only difference is that the Gift Card you buy with Rewards Points expires after 90 days, I believe, so if you don't use it in that time, it's gone.

Once you have purchased the Gift card (whether it's by redeeming Rewards points or with cash) and you use it to buy something, yes, you should receive the rewards points for the item purchased - e.g. if you spend it on COD content for the punch card. I've used it in the past for the Movies punch card.

The only difference is that the Gift Card you buy with Rewards Points expires after 90 days, I believe, so if you don't use it in that time, it's gone.

Cheers will try it later

So the point didn’t pop up when buying the Cod points required and ideas

• Advertisement

Are the red nose day points available for ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

not on rewards dash on xbox nor on rewards dash on laptop

Are the red nose day points available for ye?

Naa

I just got the monthly 2000 point thingy (and once again the free sweepstake didn't work - not sure why I bothered checking). So now I'm ~4500 points away from my 117k target which in theory should be less than 2 weeks. Still no sign of SX in stock on the MS web site though :(

Battlefield I quest is doing my ******ing head in.

Won 3 times but still wasnt on the best team! Like wtf! Then half the people who do succeed say it never pops for their reward.

Might try again after reading whacksurfer tips. Basically .
    Don't die.
    Change sides to a good team.
    Be a medic and heal the Shiite out of your team mates!

1) Use the server browser to find a game, not quick match.

2) Filter for the smaller game modes like TDM or rush. Anything with 24 people or less.

3) Rush is probably one of the best modes for this quest for someone that's not very good at the game. Rush forces you to play objectives, which gives you more points.

4) Squads have 5 players. In 24 player games, it's 12v12, which means there are most likely going to be 4 full squads in the game. That means if you're in one of these full squads, you have a 25% chance of getting best squad for this quest. It's rare for a squad that's not full to win best squad, but it can happen.

5) Switch squads based on how the squads are performing in the game. The winning team won't necessarily have the best squad on it, but it's more likely. I feel it's important to note that you don't need to win the game for this quest, so don't stress if your team is losing but the squad is doing well.

6) If the teams are unbalanced, and your team keeps losing every game, try to switch teams. You can do this in the squad menu when you're not alive. However, the teams have to have an even player count, or your team has to have more players than the other team, for you to be able to switch. You also won't be able to switch if the teams are full. Ex you can switch if it's 11v11 or 12v10, but would not be able to switch if it was 10v11 or 12v12 (your team is the first number). The best time to switch teams is after a round ends when a new game is about to start (people will always quit after a game). This is also the best time to switch squads.

7) Use a squad XP boost, if you have one. These are obtained from the battlepacks you can buy in the game, but are not necessary. Don't spend any real money on this (if you even can).

8) If you're playing an objective based game mode (like rush), play the objective! The game pushes people to the objectives, so you'll have the best opportunity to get points there. Arming or disarming objectives gives you a lot of points too. If you suck at killing people, throwing your body at the objective trying to attack or defend it is still a good way to get points. If you're struggling to get near the objectives, play as a medic or support class and resupply your squad or teammates with health or ammo (typically left on the D-pad, but you'll have to check your controls). You can also revive dead teammates with the medic class, which will give you points. Points don't have to come from kills alone, but kills always help. But, if you can't get kills, help support your teammates that are getting kills. It will be a win/win for everyone.

9) As others have mentioned, you need to quit the game to the main menu (after you get best squad and finish the round) for the quest to unlock. However, you do not need to do this immediately after getting best squad (I played an additional game after and it still unlocked when I quit to the menu).

Basically, you could game this quest by constantly switching squads/teams to get in the best squad, but there are ways to be a good teammate to increase your odds without necessarily being good at the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's a pain alright Treppen, I suck the big one at FPS's and this just isn't working out for me.
    Tried 4 or 5 different matches on Friday night and nothing!! :(

marcbrophy wrote: »
    It's a pain alright Treppen, I suck the big one at FPS's and this just isn't working out for me.
    Tried 4 or 5 different matches on Friday night and nothing!! :(

Ya another 2 hours wasted. Screw that.

Nope, not even gonna bother. Sometimes I have to remind myself of the actual monetary value of those few points. If it's anything more than a few mins effort, its just not worth it

Here's a question... Can you use Tesco shopping rewards vouchers to buy gift cards?

Bord Gais are doing a double boost , so €10 in vouchers will get you €20 to use in store. Haven't looked into it properly yet. My local Tesco's has Xbox gift cards.

• Advertisement

Here's a question... Can you use Tesco shopping rewards vouchers to buy gift cards?

Bord Gais are doing a double boost , so €10 in vouchers will get you €20 to use in store. Haven't looked into it properly yet. My local Tesco's has Xbox gift cards.

If they sell the gift cards, I would guess so.

In a similar vein, one of my schemes is to redeem Natwest rewards as Currys gift cards to then buy Xbox gift cards. I'll get 8% back as Natwest rewards again on the Currys transaction too.

Advertisement