Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glade, old grange wood monstarevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Aaron15

Eimers8718 wrote: »
    I rather have broadband than the TV!! Are they actually working on getting it up and running or just ignoring you??

Update , tried what seemed to be every broadband in the world! None helpful, until I got to pure telecom who reckon there's a few live connections in the estate, that are all connected to the same cabinet, so if one can get it, we can all get it, so placed an order with the 35 euro a month, free modem, no line rental fee and the technicians will come out and hook me yup, no hook up no bill. The most helpful crowd I've dealt with in a while! Ring and ask for Chris, he's easy to deal with, and if you say myself refered you I get so much off my next bill which isn't bad lol

Have any of you got any update if you will get your keys before Xmas? Looks as if the road is about to go down, surely there can't be long left to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭line_of_fire

Aaron15 wrote: »
    Have any of you got any update if you will get your keys before Xmas? Looks as if the road is about to go down, surely there can't be long left to wait.

My snag list is being looked after this week and should be getting keys before Xmas. As I didn't go turn key finish I won't be moving in til January but will be down around place as tiler will be in and bf be putting down my floors

My snag list is being looked after this week and should be getting keys before Xmas. As I didn't go turn key finish I won't be moving in til January but will be down around place as tiler will be in and bf be putting down my floors

I'd a feeling it would be moving quickly because they've started on another part of the estate and the houses are absolutely flying up. Once you get your keys you can get stuck in to doing the house, I'm still doing stuff to mine.

I'd a feeling it would be moving quickly because they've started on another part of the estate and the houses are absolutely flying up. Once you get your keys you can get stuck in to doing the house, I'm still doing stuff to mine.

That's it once I got floors down and tiles in I will be moving in and doing bits as I go. Will be a work in progress for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 MiMi1111

We're hoping to get our keys this week I was hoping the road was down already ! Suppose we may wait and see !!!

MiMi1111 wrote: »
    We're hoping to get our keys this week I was hoping the road was down already ! Suppose we may wait and see !!!

Well the road is down and it looks like people are in, just see a couple moving stuff in, can't be long now until you all get the phone call

Well pure telecom wore out, they can't connect us, it's not coming up for the estate, looks like it's in eirs hands to connect us, I'm waiting 10/11 weeks for them to get back to me. Doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon either unfortunately so we might be without internet for a while .

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Grali87

Well pure telecom wore out, they can't connect us, it's not coming up for the estate, looks like it's in eirs hands to connect us, I'm waiting 10/11 weeks for them to get back to me. Doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon either unfortunately so we might be without internet for a while .

Did virgin give any feedback?

Grali87 wrote: »
    Did virgin give any feedback?

Yeah , no internet, and no plans to have it put in the area for the foreseeable future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Ali2212

Can somebody please help, in regards to purchasing an oven lol 😂😂 it's the only thing we are really stuck on and Philip needs the dimensions so he can get the kitchen sorted.

I want to go single oven with an integrated microwave just above it, but I'm afraid the two types of stainless steel will clash and won't match. Has anybody went with this type and found 2 that matched.

Whereas himself wants to go with a combination oven - which is like a double oven but integrated grill and microwave on top. Works out alot more expensive but guaranteed they will match lol..

What has everyone else went with ???

Thanks for the help

Ali2212 wrote: »
    Can somebody please help, in regards to purchasing an oven lol 😂😂 it's the only thing we are really stuck on and Philip needs the dimensions so he can get the kitchen sorted.

I want to go single oven with an integrated microwave just above it, but I'm afraid the two types of stainless steel will clash and won't match. Has anybody went with this type and found 2 that matched.

Whereas himself wants to go with a combination oven - which is like a double oven but integrated grill and microwave on top. Works out alot more expensive but guaranteed they will match lol..

What has everyone else went with ???

Thanks for the help

Sorry , I can't help, I went with a double oven and a microwave on top. Looks well really..

In another totally different topic, has anyone noticed all the houses have a grease traps? You'd think they'd inform you of such a thing.

Sorry , I can't help, I went with a double oven and a microwave on top. Looks well really..

In another totally different topic, has anyone noticed all the houses have a grease traps? You'd think they'd inform you of such a thing.[/quot

Grease traps?? What and where are these. I am in middle of doing my floors and hoping toive in on the 11th. Appliances being delivered on the 8th. I also went with double oven and just putting microwave on top

Grease traps?? What and where are these. I am in middle of doing my floors and hoping toive in on the 11th. Appliances being delivered on the 8th. I also went with double oven and just putting microwave on top

Grease traps, the separate grease and solid foods from going down the drains with the water, so if you go out your back garden, there's a thing that looks like a man hole cover, but it's in fact a grease traps cover, so if after time of cleaning dishes and what not the grease trap fills up, and you've to get it emptied, bit of a pain if I'm honest

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ali2212

What make of oven and microwave did u go with if u don't mind me asking. We are just finding it so hard to find matching ones

Has anyone been able to sort out broadband ? I'm at my wits end at this stage! I've seen KN networks calling to people's homes but nothing seems to be done, it's an absolute nightmare that in 2019 you can't get internet in an estate, when people less than 100 yards away c
    an and the fibre cabinet is in this estate!!

Ali2212 wrote: »
    What make of oven and microwave did u go with if u don't mind me asking. We are just finding it so hard to find matching ones

Sorry only seen this now, my oven and microwave are nordmende

Has anyone been able to sort out broadband ? I'm at my wits end at this stage! I've seen KN networks calling to people's homes but nothing seems to be done, it's an absolute nightmare that in 2019 you can't get internet in an estate, when people less than 100 yards away c
    an and the fibre cabinet is in this estate!!

Vodafone were around the estate last week and we've signed up for Broadband . Engineer coming Wednesday to install

Vodafone were around the estate last week and we've signed up for Broadband . Engineer coming Wednesday to install

Yeah he was at mine too, Apprantly only some houses can get it, like 5 out of the 30, but the estate isn't wired for copper broadband so the engineer will come out on Wednesday and tell you that, then back to square one with nobody to ask, ridiculous

Yeah he was at mine too, Apprantly only some houses can get it, like 5 out of the 30, but the estate isn't wired for copper broadband so the engineer will come out on Wednesday and tell you that, then back to square one with nobody to ask, ridiculous

Oh !!! Well your man in with us didn't mention any of that to me he said they had checked it out and we'd definitely be able to get Broadband in . I'll find out Wednesday !!

• Advertisement

Oh !!! Well your man in with us didn't mention any of that to me he said they had checked it out and we'd definitely be able to get Broadband in . I'll find out Wednesday !!

Yeah he told me we could get it until I told him that they never put the old copper infrastructure in this estate, he said he had a KN technician in the car with him, so I pointed at a man hole and told him to open that up, and if I'm wrong knock at everyone else's house, they went looked and then drove off. Hopefully I'm wrong and you do get it and it works.

Yeah he told me we could get it until I told him that they never put the old copper infrastructure in this estate, he said he had a KN technician in the car with him, so I pointed at a man hole and told him to open that up, and if I'm wrong knock at everyone else's house, they went looked and then drove off. Hopefully I'm wrong and you do get it and it works.

Cuz I did say to him that I thought there was a problem with getting broadband in and he said it's literally a case of flicking a switch on I don't understand all what he was going on about but be interested to see what happens Wednesday will let yas know

Cuz I did say to him that I thought there was a problem with getting broadband in and he said it's literally a case of flicking a switch on I don't understand all what he was going on about but be interested to see what happens Wednesday will let yas know

Yeah keep us in the loop

Well how did you Get on?

Well how did you Get on?

Hey meant to update. I had to change the appointment. These people must think no one works giving an appointment between 9am and 5pm no rough indication of a time even.
    New appointment is 18th January

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Eimers8718

So Vodafone were due to call to us yesterday...no one showed up or called. When we eventually got through to someone (after numerous attempts) they told us it wouldn’t be available until 8th March yet if I ring as a new customer they are still tell me its available - no one can give is an answer!!!
    Has anyone considered Three Broadband?? Not sure of the coverage as we both are with Vodafone.

So Vodafone were due to call to us yesterday...no one showed up or called. When we eventually got through to someone (after numerous attempts) they told us it wouldn’t be available until 8th March yet if I ring as a new customer they are still tell me its available - no one can give is an answer!!!
    Has anyone considered Three Broadband?? Not sure of the coverage as we both are with Vodafone.
    You'll be going round and round in circles with Vodafone and eir, if they're telling you march, maybe that's the date when the fibre to the home will be available. I got the three broadband last weekend to keep me ticking over, 30 euro 30 day rolling contract, 150 euro for the router, 750GB

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Eimers8718

You'll be going round and round in circles with Vodafone and eir, if they're telling you march, maybe that's the date when the fibre to the home will be available. I got the three broadband last weekend to keep me ticking over, 30 euro 30 day rolling contract, 150 euro for the router, 750GB

Not impressed. I know it wont be March it’ll keep getting pushed out. Yeh thats he plan I was looking at. How do you find it??

Not impressed. I know it wont be March it’ll keep getting pushed out. Yeh thats he plan I was looking at. How do you find it??

Hopefully it will be soon, I've emailed everyone complaining, even the national broadband plan. Yeah I'm getting about 18-20mb on it, it's decent, ok for the sky Q and Netflix and stuff, nothing serious

• Advertisement

Anyone else having flush issues. Toilet downstairs just randomly fills or flushes through out the day. It's so annoying. Plumbers were in but just dismissive of it. Head plumber seems nice but some of the guys working for him need to work on their personalities

Advertisement