Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tax saver leap card

• 06-01-2019 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I got a new tax saver leap card for the year, how do I activate it? I tried it today on the bus ticket machine and it didn't work, but the driver let me on anyway. Wondering what I'm meant to do next time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭thomasj

Ethereal_ wrote: »
    I got a new tax saver leap card for the year, how do I activate it? I tried it today on the bus ticket machine and it didn't work, but the driver let me on anyway. Wondering what I'm meant to do next time.

You have to activate ("collect") the annual ticket

If it's Dublin bus, go into a newsagent and ask them to check the balance. Even if the balance is 0, just getting it checked will activate the annual ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Keithod11

If you have nfc on your phone you can download the leapcard app and use that, otherwise you will need to go to a shop that does top ups and ask them to check your balance, that will update it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭p_haugh

You can also activate it at the ticket machines at a LUAS stop/at a DART station. You cant activate it on Dublin Bus as they're still using old validator technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭thomasj

p_haugh wrote: »
    You can also activate it at the ticket machines at a LUAS stop/at a DART station. You cant activate it on Dublin Bus as they're still using old validator technology.

You can only activate it at DART station if it's a Rail/bus ticket issued by Irish rail and same with Luas.

Advertisement