Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taxsaver New company

• 08-10-2018 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Never had a taxsaver ticket before, but looking to get one as being transferred to new employer.

Unfortunately the new employer apparently does the tax savers 'through a 3rd party' which charges 10euro a month for the tickets.

Anyway to get the tickets directly rather than through the 3rd party?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

not if your employer won't play ball - they're the ones who have to make the changes to your payroll!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

not if your employer won't play ball - they're the ones who have to make the changes to your payroll!

Well ****.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

With PAYE Modernisation they really have an opportunity to simplify these systems and allow people with uncooperative employers to buy them themselves. Bet they won't do anything about it though

But...im boned here, have to pay the 10E admin fee each time if i want the taxsaver card?

Balls to this system

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

Pay annually instead?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i was wondering that - do they charge €10 per month for a monthly ticker, *and* €10 a month for an annual one?

i was wondering that - do they charge €10 per month for a monthly ticker, *and* €10 a month for an annual one?

Annual is about 89euro charge

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

k99_64 wrote: »
    Annual is about 89euro charge
    Is that proportionate to the work involved? It seems a bit scammy.

Is that proportionate to the work involved?

Cant answer that but i presume no.
    It seems a bit scammy.

Yep but dont know if i have a way around it

Advertisement