Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cut children's allowance after 3 kids

• 05-10-2018 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Cut children's allowance after 3 kids.
    Any more it's your choice, like Sky Sports.
    It encourages people who shouldn't have more, and those who really can't afford more, to have more.

Allowance for 9th kid? Crazy. We'd see a little more restraint and more room in Garda Station waiting rooms if it was stopped.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Should be cut after two, a refill is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,038 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Should be after 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Who gets to draw the line?

Where does the line get drawn?

If people had two brain cells that worked together they wouldnt have kids they couldnt raise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

With "Professionals" putting off having children until later life and then having only 1 or 2, where do you think the future generations are going to come from to pay for your free bus pass, medical card and state pension?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I agree with this proposal entirely but it would be impossible to bring in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

With "Professionals" putting off having children until later life and then having only 1 or 2, where do you think the future generations are going to come from to pay for your free bus pass, medical card and state pension?

Nowhere - welfare kids generally become welfare adults!

We need to completely restructure our whole social welfare program so it helps people to help themselves and not just encourage to become completely dependent on it for life.

Any adult not able to even independently look after themselves financially should not be bringing children into this world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

Make people apply for a license to have kids then do a pre kids course then be monitered and IQ tested also made to outline the path they intend to lay out for the child and what education they intend to provide.

After all that they might think twice & anyone who does not comply then their offspring be automatically sent for adoption to parents who can then have a child without all the IVF torture and raise a good decent human being !! SIMPLE ......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

Four seems more reasonable, especially given the tendency of so many people these days not to marry and not to have children. Might also be an idea to express provision to families in the form of tax credits, so if you earn nothing and survive on government handouts you won't do so well, but if you're in a full time employment then happy days are here to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

All these threads laying into those on welfare is not consistent with the fact that the bulk of this country is actually sucking on the tit of the State whether you believe it or not. Is it just you guys don't know it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Hello China.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Link CB to gross family income, the higher the income the higher the CB.

Encourage high earners to have more future high earners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Do you really think people have kids for the sake of €35 a week ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Is this law suggested to avoid another generation of the Corrs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

We need more kids not less. More children mean more tax payers to keep this kip going . Increase the children's allowance x10.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

dotsman wrote: »
    Nowhere - welfare kids generally become welfare adults!

Do they yeah, I was a welfare kid to a single mother, I started work on building sites at 17 and I've worked the majority of days ever since. That was 20 years ago. Same can be said about my siblings.

we need more motivated kids ambitious kids not welfare kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

It should be cut altogether it serves no purpose now that abortion has been legalised. The government should be spending on infraetructure such as child care rather than individual payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Make people apply for a license to have kids then do a pre kids course then be monitered and IQ tested also made to outline the path they intend to lay out for the child and what education they intend to provide.

After all that they might think twice & anyone who does not comply then their offspring be automatically sent for adoption to parents who can then have a child without all the IVF torture and raise a good decent human being !! SIMPLE ......

Good idea , we could do a theory test and have provisional license for practice rides.

I like the idea of removing kids from their parents , sure that always works well.

well you can see the alternative on the late late show tonight !!

well you can see the alternative on the late late show tonight !!

Ryan Turbridy turned out okay.

• Advertisement

Fcuk the kids. They should fend for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

JJJJNR wrote: »
    We need more kids not less. More children mean more tax payers to keep this kip going . Increase the children's allowance x10.

No we don’t. At the rate automation is going, these kids will end up unemployed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Fcuk the kids

Reported
    Thats a new low in here

Reported
    Thats a new low in here

I'm paraphrasing OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I'm paraphrasing OP

Im joking.

*gets coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Passed two girls today in the local Spar

"Fucķin state of ya", the other being heavily pregnant.
    "As if I had a choice" says she. Two of them laughed, they'd less teeth between them than they had kids.

Charming. It made me wanna cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

Do you really think people have kids for the sake of €35 a week ?

For some families, that €350 per week adds up.
    Hello China.

In the UK:

Rate (weekly)

Eldest or only child £20.70
    Additional children £13.70 (per child)

"As if I had a choice" says she. Two of them laughed, they'd less teeth between them than they had kids.

Are you sure , you're in the right thread ?

Maybe you should be in the pregnancy thread , the dental thread or Spar thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

The very fact that Citizens information have to publish the below, is worrying enough.

Family sizeMonthly rate, €
    One child 140
    Two children280
    Three children420
    Four children560
    Five children700
    Six children840
    Seven children 980

Eight children 1,120

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,982 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It reminds me of an antenatal appointment in Mt hospital when I was pregnant over a decade ago.
    Two, shall we say, less desirable ladies were having an open chat in the corridor, no qualms about who was listening.
    Turns out one of them was a nit advanced into her pregnancy before it was noticed and was at the hospital for a scan to determine gestation.
    The other one asked her if she was hoping for a boy or girl and the she replied by saying neither, sure I didn't even want to get pregnant.
    I know it's off topic here but your post reminded me of that and that some people should no be allowed be parents.

To thine own self be true

Advertisement