Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Bill Pay Trio SIM offer for iD customers

• 23-03-2018 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Just ported 2 phones to this today

Special Offer
    iD customers bringing their number to Three get this plan for €5 per month for 12months (from your second bill), €30 per month thereafter. Terms and conditions apply.

Enjoy free 4G access, All You Can Eat Data*, unlimited Three to Three calls, flexi units to any ROI network and while roaming in EU with a flexible 30 day rolling contract whilst keeping your existing phone and number. Compatible with Nano, Micro and Mini sim devices.

Can’t argue with the price, I have no experience of 3 so fingers crossed.

Edit. Tethering working also for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gymnipities

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

MaxFlower wrote: »
    Just ported 2 phones to this today

Special Offer
    iD customers bringing their number to Three get this plan for €5 per month for 12months (from your second bill), €30 per month thereafter. Terms and conditions apply.

Enjoy free 4G access, All You Can Eat Data*, unlimited Three to Three calls, flexi units to any ROI network and while roaming in EU with a flexible 30 day rolling contract whilst keeping your existing phone and number. Compatible with Nano, Micro and Mini sim devices.

Edit. Tethering working also for me.

If you do this in a carphone warehouse store they will also give you €20 credit to use instore for each number you port. https://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/id-switchers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Pretty annoying it's only for iD customers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

What is a 30 day rolling contract? E.g. can you leave after 10 months? Also, what is the charge for the first bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

MaxFlower wrote:

Seeing as ID was utilising the Three network then I think you'd plenty of experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Basically it's a discount offer after the first month.
    First month is €30, and then it's a fiver.
    So, its €85 for the year.

You can leave at any point once you give 30 days notice. So, you must let them know one billing month ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Damn it. I already switched to Lycamobile. Seems like a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

How many flexi units? No mention of calls or texts other than the free 3 - 3 calls, so that is important

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

How much call mins do you get when not calling another 3 customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Checked out would it apply if porting from a network other than ID and it doesn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

numorouno wrote: »
    Checked out would it apply if porting from a network other than ID and it doesn't

Can you port from your current network to ID and then port again to 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,292 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

ID are no longer operating

kellsred wrote: »
    How many flexi units? No mention of calls or texts other than the free 3 - 3 calls, so that is important

Unlimited Flex Max SIM Only has 10,000 units.
    One unit is one minute of calls or two SMS texts.

You're giving and allowance of 3,000 minutes for Three to Three calls.
    BadCharlie wrote: »
    How much call mins do you get when not calling another 3 customer?

As above: 10,000 units.
    Skerries wrote: »
    ID are no longer operating

They are still operating, but are not accepting new customers. Existing customers have until April 6th to select a different network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Is the CPW offer with 20€ credit only online or instore as well? As my partner went there and switch but no one said anything about credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

loki7777 wrote: »
    Is the CPW offer with 20€ credit only online or instore as well? As my partner went there and switch but no one said anything about credit.

The €20 credit is for in-store use. It's mentioned on the official carphone warehouse site. If your partner already ported over from idmobile in a carphone warehouse store, then go back and claim your store credit

As above, the credit is only in store. Do ask for it.

I'd be interested to see if you can stack them, for example, three of us in the family are moving. Could we use the three vouchers and buy a Chromecast?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

As above, the credit is only in store. Do ask for it.

I'd be interested to see if you can stack them, for example, three of us in the family are moving. Could we use the three vouchers and buy a Chromecast?

Yes you can, i've also 3 family members i'll be moving and i asked in store and they said yeah, no issue with stacking them. My bro in law move two accounts recently and he got a pair of bluetooth headphones for €40 with his two vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Cavey

This is awesome news, I was planning on switching to 3 from iD anyway!

https://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/id-switchers

Taken from that page regarding the €20 store credit
    *iD customers will be entitled to an additional €20 to spend in store when they make the move from iD to another network. This can be used against the cost of pre-pay credit, a phone or an accessory providing that they transact at the time when they switch from the iD mobile network. This offer is only open to iD customers and should they decide not to avail of the offer at the time when they are switching network the offer will lapse. This offer is only available in Carphone Warehouse stores and only up to April 6th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

What is the trio part about? Can you get three SIM cards on the one account?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

What is the trio part about? Can you get three SIM cards on the one account?

A Trio SIM has all SIM types on one card, so whether you need a standard, micro or nano SIM, you just push out the one you need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

loki7777 wrote: »
    Same here. An assistant got me switched, but mentioned no word of the credit. Only when I brought it up when asked if I needed anything else, she replied as if it had been obvious all along "Yeah, you have 20e credit". Wonder what would have happened to it had I not asked :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

Seeing as ID was utilising the Three network then I think you'd plenty of experience.

I was thinking more along the lines of Customer Service. Poor service experiences caused me to dispense with EIR. ID was using only part of the three network I think. Strange as I had 4G in my building with ID but now not with Three.

MaxFlower wrote: »
    ID was using only part of the three network I think. Strange as I had 4G in my building with ID but now not with Three.
    That matches my experience. Same phone, slightly, but consistently weaker signal with three now and dropping 4G earlier than before inside the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I called into 2 different CPW stores, yesterday and today, and both times the 3 system was down so they couldn't process my changeover :mad: My iD credit has ran out and I'm off abroad on an Easter break from tomorrow. Looks like I might have to go with Eir after all.

I just ported 2 numbers half an hour ago. The three system is apparently being overloaded with the number of migrations. Needed a number of attempts to push it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

So is general consensus that most is switching to 3? I thought eir would have been a better option for network quality no?

So is general consensus that most is switching to 3? I thought eir would have been a better option for network quality no?

But the switchover offer from 3 gives you a premium package for 7e a month in the first year (1st month 30e, 5e thereafter). Can't beat that value.

^ 100% this.

For the most part, unless you're in a tremendously rural area, Three's offer is a no-brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

SBS wrote: »
    I just ported 2 numbers half an hour ago. The three system is apparently being overloaded with the number of migrations. Needed a number of attempts to push it through.

Yeah I tried to port my iD number to 3 in CPW in Carrickmines earlier on, their system kept crashing out when they requested the verification code be sent to my number. I'll try again tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

We went back to Sligo CW to ask and try to claim our €20 credit just to find out that she took it at the time of purchase. And we even get receipt this time showing that she took VR Glide and memory card.
    Looks like Sligo staff is taking customers credit(they did the same to couple switching to three at the time when we were waiting to sort it out) and using it to buy things.
    Going to contact CW online(can't fine any phone number to customer service)

Advertisement