Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Defence forces Recruitment 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BittysHill1998

Murty2224 wrote: »
    Yeah i hope we hear soon enough.. i know one of the lads a year ago heard 10 days after the deadline of the psychometric test. Awh grand, hope u pass them both man!

Cheers man! Aye 10 days wouldn't be too bad. Talked to two lads who finished their three star in Finner camp and they said the general service process from application to start date was 6-7 months

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Murty2224

Cheers man! Aye 10 days wouldn't be too bad. Talked to two lads who finished their three star in Finner camp and they said the general service process from application to start date was 6-7 months

Yeah! Thats long enough now so it is. It could be cut shorter though because they want people to join. Hopefully everything goes to plan anyways and we both get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 amykelly1121

Hi Lads received my email to do the online test any advice since you already did yours going to sit down tomorrow and do mine?

Yeah! Thats long enough now so it is. It could be cut shorter though because they want people to join. Hopefully everything goes to plan anyways and we both get in!

Update: I got an email at 4 today saying i passed and i have my fitness and interview on the 29th of May!

Hi Lads received my email to do the online test any advice since you already did yours going to sit down tomorrow and do mine?

How ya getting on! Basically just do as much of the questions as u can and fast enough but dont rush them to much. Put effort into it because if u do well you will be top of the pile to progress to the next stage. The questions are just common sense tbh, there are practice ones and i would suggest u try them first! I hope you do well and pass! Best of luck with it!

• Advertisement

How ya getting on! Basically just do as much of the questions as u can and fast enough but dont rush them to much. Put effort into it because if u do well you will be top of the pile to progress to the next stage. The questions are just common sense tbh, there are practice ones and i would suggest u try them first! I hope you do well and pass! Best of luck with it!

Perfect thanks for the help !!! Im going to sit down tomorrow and give it a shot fingers crossed... then prepear for fitness once passed ðŸ˜

Update: I got an email at 4 today saying i passed and i have my fitness and interview on the 29th of May!

Congrats on passing and good luck with the fitness test 🀞

Perfect thanks for the help !!! Im going to sit down tomorrow and give it a shot fingers crossed... then prepear for fitness once passed ðŸ˜

No problem at all! Best of luck! Best of preparing now, go out and run and run some more! Haha

Congrats on passing and good luck with the fitness test 🀞

Thank you!!

No problem at all! Best of luck! Best of preparing now, go out and run and run some more! Haha

Yeah just keep going haha!! Well blanchardstown has alot of places to practice so should be grand are you from Dublin? Where is your fitness test?

• Advertisement

Yeah just keep going haha!! Well blanchardstown has alot of places to practice so should be grand are you from Dublin? Where is your fitness test?

Haha yeah i suppose!.. im from kilkenny and my fitness test is in Cork!

Congrats lad! I got mine aswell. Mine is on the the 30th in Cathal Brugha

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RJ123

Hey guys I just completed my psychometric for the cadetship the other day but was just a bit concerned since there were only 4 sections I recall being on the test even though on the practice booklet they had emailed had more sections than that. Just wanted to verify that this was the same for everyone? I sent an email to the company’s support email as well because of the concern but just wanted to confirm in case my test experienced some sort of error.

Haha yeah i suppose!.. im from kilkenny and my fitness test is in Cork!

Awh savage well id say you will do great!! had an issue with my computer today so need to gercit done tomorrow!! Have you watched the irish army recruits on YouTube? Gives you a great inaight into training haha

RJ123 wrote: »
    Hey guys I just completed my psychometric for the cadetship the other day but was just a bit concerned since there were only 4 sections I recall being on the test even though on the practice booklet they had emailed had more sections than that. Just wanted to verify that this was the same for everyone? I sent an email to the company’s support email as well because of the concern but just wanted to confirm in case my test experienced some sort of error.

I had 5 sections man. Definitely get onto them man!!

Awh savage well id say you will do great!! had an issue with my computer today so need to gercit done tomorrow!! Have you watched the irish army recruits on YouTube? Gives you a great inaight into training haha

Hopefully haha!! I have yeah, doesnt look to bad hahah.. what do u think of the wage part of the army? It's not great is it?

I had 5 sections man. Definitely get onto them man!!

Ok thank you I just sent you a PM as well if you have time to answer it. Much appreciated

It's only 4 sections for the Cadetship competition. I think there was some confusion in the lay out of section 5 and the wording of the section so it was removed.

It's only 4 sections for the Cadetship competition. I think there was some confusion in the lay out of section 5 and the wording of the section so it was removed.

That’s a relief! Thank you! I was panicking haha

That’s a relief! Thank you! I was panicking haha

Results for the Cadetship psychometric test won’t be out for another 2 weeks sadly.

• Advertisement

Results for the Cadetship psychometric test won’t be out for another 2 weeks sadly.

No I was aware of that part was just more concerned if the test committed an error since they were missing one of exercises on the practice sheet wasn’t there but glad to know there was only supposed to be 4 in the first place! I hope you did well on it I felt like I did well but still obviously anxious to hear the results! Did you apply for just army or navy as well?

No I was aware of that part was just more concerned if the test committed an error since they were missing one of exercises on the practice sheet wasn’t there but glad to know there was only supposed to be 4 in the first place! I hope you did well on it I felt like I did well but still obviously anxious to hear the results! Did you apply for just army or navy as well?

Just Army Line and then also General service if my application is unsuccessful. What about yourself?

Just Army Line and then also General service if my application is unsuccessful. What about yourself?

Both army and naval Cadetship. Became interested in it when I was just starting my bachelors degree and has been the goal since so fingers crossed it all works out! Hopefully we’ll both be getting past the next few stages!

Both army and naval Cadetship. Became interested in it when I was just starting my bachelors degree and has been the goal since so fingers crossed it all works out! Hopefully we’ll both be getting past the next few stages!

Have you graduated or are you still finishing college? Aye I’m the same. Initially wanted to just go general service but decided I’d get a degree and have a go at the Cadetship

Hopefully haha!! I have yeah, doesnt look to bad hahah.. what do u think of the wage part of the army? It's not great is it?

Looks crazy haha!! And no its not but ive always either wanted to be in the army or be a guard but i missed the garda rectuitment because nome of the forms would work for me so its army now

Have you graduated or are you still finishing college? Aye I’m the same. Initially wanted to just go general service but decided I’d get a degree and have a go at the Cadetship

Yeah actually finishing up my masters right now. I won’t technically be rewarded the masters degree until after I would start the Cadetship (if I get in) but the course will be finished by mid August so it’s perfect timing. I have the equivalent of a level 8 from a university outside of Ireland as well

Yeah actually finishing up my masters right now. I won’t technically be rewarded the masters degree until after I would start the Cadetship (if I get in) but the course will be finished by mid August so it’s perfect timing. I have the equivalent of a level 8 from a university outside of Ireland as well

Fair play. From what I've heard graduate applicants get a bonus in the final interview. I'm only finishing my level 8 now up in Belfast. Graduating just before the interviews start thank God so I won't get turned away like others did last year.

Fair play. From what I've heard graduate applicants get a bonus in the final interview. I'm only finishing my level 8 now up in Belfast. Graduating just before the interviews start thank God so I won't get turned away like others did last year.

I think they took away the interview % bonus for graduates but it still really helps. This is because if you get in after finishing your leaving cert they would pay your whole way through Uni following Cadetship training. A lot school leavers still get in (I would have applied first before starting Uni if I was in Ireland back then). But I’ve heard because of university costs they prefer graduate candidates from a budget perspective. The percentage bonuses are now for people who are serving in the defence forces. The highest bonus you can get is if you’re currently an NCO in the PDF, then a smaller bonus for privates and then finally if you’re in the reserves you get a bit of a bonus. It would be awesome if they reintroduced it for graduates tho would definitely be a massive help.

It probably also helps if you attached your LinkedIn profile with your degree info to the initial application. It was cool that they did that shows you that they were looking at candidate profiles even before the psychometric

• Advertisement

It probably also helps if you attached your LinkedIn profile with your degree info to the initial application. It was cool that they did that shows you that they were looking at candidate profiles even before the psychometric

Degree info? I just clicked graduate applicant. Didn’t give me the option to write any info about my degree

Advertisement