Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

4k Fire TV stick - PLEASE READ OP BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Use paypal.

Thanks so much. Used PayPal and all sorted, cheers for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Enjoy! Follow the other thread as well for some tips / questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Enjoy! Follow the other thread as well for some tips / questions.

Will do! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Happy4all wrote: »
    How much is the 4K currently?

You know it's not classified info? You can just check it on their site.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Fire-TV-Stick-4K-Ultra-Hd-With-Alexa-Voice-Remote-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B079QB9BD7

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

DopeTech wrote: »

To add to your point, the price can change almost daily. A price posted here two hours ago may not be the current price. Always best to check price on Amazon themselves

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

DopeTech wrote: »

Nowhere cheaper? Can you buy in stores? Doesn't ship to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Happy4all wrote: »
    Nowhere cheaper? Can you buy in stores? Doesn't ship to Ireland

No
    Currys?
    Parcel Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Would be very grateful if someone could mesg me details of how to get the best out of the firestick .Have ordered one and bought the stacksocial vpn so would appreciate advice
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

shardylan wrote: »
    Would be very grateful if someone could mesg me details of how to get the best out of the firestick .Have ordered one and bought the stacksocial vpn so would appreciate advice
    Thanks again

Not to sound cruel but this has been answered literally a few days ago. It depends on what you want rather than what it can give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

TheDriver wrote: »
    Not to sound cruel but this has been answered literally a few days ago. It depends on what you want rather than what it can give you.

I was hoping rather than having to work my way through the whole 43 pages of comments that someone might take 5 mins to send me details of how to make the most of it as I’m A bit of a novice when it comes to these things . But thanks for not being cruel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

You don't have to go through all the pages. Just go previous page, and previous, and so on... Take notes if you want. You'll find everything pretty quickly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

People use different ones. I use VPN unlimited, theres a thread in BA about it. Works for US too. You don't need VPN for All4, only ITV, BBC, UKTV play and C5

So how do you get this app to open on the stick? Mine just says this version is not compatible

I've put an FAQ in the OP. I'd appreciate any advice from the seasoned campaigners on here. THis is to avoid people asking the same questions when it's all in a reasonable place for someone to look at.

So how do you get this app to open on the stick? Mine just says this version is not compatible

You search on the stick for VPN unlimited and it will install the app directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I've put an FAQ in the OP. I'd appreciate any advice from the seasoned campaigners on here. THis is to avoid people asking the same questions when it's all in a reasonable place for someone to look at.

great idea thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

Why not move to the Android forum or similar since this is no longer a bargain alert?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

You search on the stick for VPN unlimited and it will install the app directly.

That didn't actually work for me through the app store. Just said not compatible.

There's instructions the vpn unlimited website about installing with downloader. That's after working a treat and iPlayer and Netflix and bombing along

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Every time I pick a movie or show I have to -300ms on VLC. Is there anyway to set it as -300ms instead of having to do it every time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

BSK wrote: »
    Every time I pick a movie or show I have to -300ms on VLC. Is there anyway to set it as -300ms instead of having to do it every time?
    On my phone I go to settings, video, save audio delay and tick box

Cerco wrote: »
    Why not move to the Android forum or similar since this is no longer a bargain alert?
    Number of reasons. Firestick users tend not to go to android forum plus the questions will just keep coming here. Also the various apps etc are bargain alerts in themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

'What are the essential apps?
    Sub required: Netflix, Disney+, HULU, HBO Now'

I'd add Sling TV, DirecTv & FuboTv & HBOMAX. All show live TV/series/movies but a sub(s) is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

And don't forget about Eurosport Player. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Did anybody ever sort the recent buffering issues with RTE Player - the Android TV version? I'm wondering is there maybe a new APK or something. Thanks for any advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

Did anybody ever sort the recent buffering issues with RTE Player - the Android TV version? I'm wondering is there maybe a new APK or something. Thanks for any advice.

No buffering for me.

bromley52 wrote: »
    No buffering for me.

Thanks for getting back to me. Are you using the Android TV version, or the regular Android version where you have to use a mouse pointer to navigate? I might try install the regular version and see if it's any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Could anyone please help me to get the APK file for RTE Player? I am on Amazon Firestick 4k.

Thank you

Could anyone please help me to get the APK file for RTE Player? I am on Amazon Firestick 4k.

Thank you

Not sure if we can post direct links here, but if you search on Google for RTE Player APK you'll find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

shardylan wrote: »
    Thanks again

Loads of info on these two youtube channels. Apks to install, how to expand storage, how to replace launcher etc etc. FireTVSticks has a filelinked [1] store as well to make it real easy to sideload any apps (she even added the RTE player for me when I emailed her the apk link)

https://www.youtube.com/c/FireTVSticks

https://www.youtube.com/user/TechDoctorUK/

HTH

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exNioWxsIII&t=56s

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

Thanks for the thanks - but now I need the favour returned....

Anybody know is there an android TV/firetv version of 'Church Services TV' - need to help my cocooning parents watch local evening mass. :):)

And yes - I agree that this thread has gone off-topic and should concentrate just on bargain alerts so ppl subscribed to this thread only get bargain alerts - where's the best place to create a thread for firetv usage/hacking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭tech

Have a look at this site, Mcnmedia.tv think they have an app mcn live also
    IrlJidel wrote: »
    Thanks for the thanks - but now I need the favour returned....

Anybody know is there an android TV/firetv version of 'Church Services TV' - need to help my cocooning parents watch local evening mass. :):)

And yes - I agree that this thread has gone off-topic and should concentrate just on bargain alerts so ppl subscribed to this thread only get bargain alerts - where's the best place to create a thread for firetv usage/hacking?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement