Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Am I the only one who ever never lost magic of christmas?

Options
  • 10-12-2009 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

I never lost the christmas magic. the only problem with christmas is i always fear it might end up not being good. like this year i lost the digital tv so less channels=having to rely on the normal channels to watch tv this xmas.

i still get presents under the tree and even do a list lol. but all in good fun

Comments

I love Christmas and it's great to hear others sharing that sentiment :)
    It's hard to pinpoint one exact thing, I just love the cold weather, the Christmas lights, the songs, the tree, the craic at home, in the pub and in the town.

Every year, I think more and more of my mates and people in general complain about Christmas and say they can't stand it. I think the fact that the ads start in October (earlier this year?) irritates people and they get tired of it quicker but I try and ignore all that until December.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm feeling fairly Christmas-sy this year. It's been a while, the last few have been fairly lacklustre...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

For a couple of years there I did. But there's a couple of kids in the house now writing letters to santa and me bringing them to see him its getting me excited :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Not feeling the festive buzz yet, but there's time... I think it's because it's rolled round so damn quickly this year - for me anyway.

Most years I get the Christmassy feeling, but the odd time I don't - until just a few days beforehand, then it always kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

I agree Dudess, not feel the festivity spirit yet, but am due to go home to parents on 23rd and am guessing it will start there!! have a ful house for christmas, and will be great to have everyone there.
    Makes my christmas spirit soar!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Jet Black wrote: »
    For a couple of years there I did. But there's a couple of kids in the house now writing letters to santa and me bringing them to see him its getting me excited :)

Yeah, I think Christmas was the bleakest in the years between my leaving home (and therefore being waaay too cool to care about such things) and when my siblings started having kids. Now I've been full of it (the spirit) from around mid November right up until the 2nd January. I drive my nieces and nephews insane :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I never lost the magic of Christmas. I absolutely love it, always have. It's my favourite time of the year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭havana

I just love when i get that first smell of christmas. People say i'm mad but i swear i can smell it! I've never lost the magic of christmas, i just love it, and see it as my mission in life to help others to as well. It'll be me who wales my nephew up at half 5 to see if santa has come... We still get our stockings and selection boxes etc. It's all so magical :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Jasus it really kicked off for me last weekend when I was taking the tree down from the attic. My three kids (6, 5 and 2) were at the bottom of the stairs singing Oh Christmas Tree at the top of their voices.
    It was class, brilliant, they lifted me with their spirit.

Bring it on I say, bring it on.

I love Christmas !

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Really started feeling the Christmas mood at the weekend! But there's nothing like Christmas when your a young 'un though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 eleanoroosevelt

I think it depends on what you're doing for christmas. Some of the xmas songs-eg mariah careys "all I want for christmas" kind of depress me because I was with my boyfriend last christmas and this year I have no-one :(

Im studying alot this xmas and not going out much so in comparison to last year when I was ice-skating with my boyfriend, going to xmas parties and rushing around buying presents, I guess you could say I was more in the xmas spirit last year, xmas had more magic.

I believe it depends on what you're doing for xmas that makes it magical or not.

Advertisement