Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

it's complete pants by the way (imho)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Your wrong and and… you smell of poo!:(

If thats not for you try thisJust not cricket

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

It will be one strange game!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Ah those were the good old days, i finished that game years ago so if anyone is stuck on a particular bit i can help out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No point in starting a new thread about this one, but what text adventures do you remember enjoying in the 80s?

I think my favourite of all time is Seabase Delta on the C64. I played that for weeks and really enjoyed it. Puzzles weren't too obscure, but were tricky enough to give you a warm tingly feeling when you solved them. :)

I also remember enjoying Leather Goddesses of Phobos (but having a built-in hint system kinda dampened it a bit).

I also loved the old Rod Pike adventures (Dracula etc.). When you died, you got a grainy photo-type pic of your corpse depicting how you died (Beheaded, ripped to pieces by dogs, etc.). These games were very graphic, and were marked as 18s long before current day ratings came about. Brilliantly written, too....

One of the worst I've played is Lifeterm (I think thats what it was called). It was fabulously designed in that if you went north, you had to go east to get back to your original location. Genius.

Anyone else got memories (good/bad) of text adventures?

- Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

zork, thats all youll ever need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

favourite -> Enemies....

Classic adventure.

Advertisement