Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Smart TV 4S 43" 301.90e

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

DopeTech wrote: »
    No updates on mine since it checked in to an Amazon facility in Germany on Tuesday.

Mine hasn't been updated since either, I was optimistic it may have been delivered yesterday, but never happened, and today isn't looking good either (status hasn't changed on amazon.de)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

McMurphy wrote: »
    Mine hasn't been updated since either, I was optimistic it may have been delivered yesterday, but never happened, and today isn't looking good either (status hasn't changed on amazon.de)

Stuff from Europe has reached a standstill. Planes are being unloaded but the quantities are so huge getting items scanned onto receiving systems has a massive backlog.

Mine is in Dublin (just got text from AnPost.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Mine is in Dublin (just got text from AnPost.)

Mines now in Hanover, Germany :(

20200522-145920.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

today this tv is cheaper, 283.95e and usually price is 299e.
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07X5CWWQN?th=1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭corks finest

Cormo87 wrote: »
    Going to pull the trigger on this, any recommendations on a bracket for the wall that fits this TV?

Harvey Norman definitely had them,much cheaper than online for my Samsung,and also I saw some in Tesco Wilton AFAIK ( remember)
    Harvey N was cheaper than soundstore
    One size fits all jobbie, worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭corks finest

Great tv,remote control is a bollox of a yoke,too small,no backlight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭fdevine

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

If anyone is looking for Android TV powered telly's closer to home Powercity have 32" and 40" TCL's at a decent price:

https://powercity.ie/product/32ES569

https://powercity.ie/product/40ES560

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jasper1422

bondja80 wrote: »

I have used this site but never for a TV. Customer support was good too

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kennyt

55" TV arrived yesterday (ordered from Spanish website). 1 week after the expected date, but probably due to covid.

Great customer service and communication from power planet, would use them again.

Early impressions: Delighted with the TV. Played some 4k YouTube content to test it out and it is amazing. Like 3D without wearing the glasses.
    I would attach a photo but it wouldn't do it justice.

Sound seems fine, although I'm not using it, I have my own surround sound set up.

TV is fast to load, install apps etc.

Netflix/Amazon prime pre installed. Simple to install Disney +. No need to sideload.

I like the remote, like anything it takes a bit of getting used to, but it's fine.

I had originally planned to have it in spare room for matches etc, but ended up replacing main TV with it.
    So far so good.

Mine arrived this morning (about ten minutes ago) by anpost, which I have to admit was pleasantly surprising.

Will open the box to check it's contents and then put it through its paces after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Invincible

bondja80 wrote: »
    today this tv is cheaper, 283.95e and usually price is 299e.
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07X5CWWQN?th=1

Yes, €313.60 delivered to Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Just to second this the RTE player is a piece of ****. I have it on my LG and have give up on it. The amount of adds is shocking and the quality of video is ****e.

That's unfair. The picture quality is excellent. Granted, I've never got it to play a programme, but the ads are in glorious HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

kennyt wrote: »
    55" TV arrived yesterday (ordered from Spanish website). 1 week after the expected date, but probably due to covid.

Great customer service and communication from power planet, would use them again.

Early impressions: Delighted with the TV. Played some 4k YouTube content to test it out and it is amazing. Like 3D without wearing the glasses.

Sound seems fine, although I'm not using it, I have my own surround sound set up.

Netflix/Amazon prime pre installed. Simple to install Disney +. No need to sideload.

I like the remote, like anything it takes a bit of getting used to, but it's fine.

I had originally planned to have it in spare room for matches etc, but ended up replacing main TV with it.
    So far so good.

Mine was supposed to arrive yesterday, I'm guessing it will be Monday now, cheers for review, sounds great

Ok so have mine set up in the bedroom and so far very impressed.

(2 of my youngest have now commandeered the bedroom watching Disney plus "on the new telly", so I'll have to delay giving it a real run through until later)

**For anyone else that bought the TV stand brightkane recommended, I'm going to save you some time and frustration now**

The bolts included with the TV stand package are 6mm and 8mm, but the bolts needed for this TV are 4mm ideally 4mm X 16mm so perhaps plan a trip to woodies etc now so you have them ready beforehand!

One thing that I was stuck at was pairing the sky Q remote with the TV, so if anyone has a code for that I'd be very grateful.

Will test all the other features later, but so far looking like the best €140 I've spent in a very long time.

Actually on this bit.
    One thing that I was stuck at was pairing the sky Q remote with the TV, so if anyone has a code for that I'd be very grateful.

It's just occurred to me that the sky Q remote is possibly never going to pair - as I'm guessing the remote that came with the TV is a Bluetooth remote rather than an IR one?

Oops. :p

Actually on this bit.

It's just occurred to me that the sky Q remote is possibly never going to pair - as I'm guessing the remote that came with the TV is a Bluetooth remote rather than an IR one?

Oops. :p

One question for you. On Amazon it shows one homescreen but on this review it shows another one. Can you tell me is the homescreen on yours like the review below?

• Advertisement

One question for you. On Amazon it shows one homescreen but on this review it shows another one. Can you tell me is the homescreen on yours like the review below?

This is my home screen here.

IMG-20200523-213245.jpg

It's almost exactly the same as the shields lay out.

Very very impressed lads, I really am..

This is my home screen here.

IMG-20200523-213245.jpg

It's almost exactly the same as the shields lay out.

Very very impressed lads, I really am..
    That's what I was hoping for. Thanks. What condition was yours in? Much wear and tear?

That's what I was hoping for. Thanks. What condition was yours in? Much wear and tear?

Absolutely mint DopeTech, brand spanking. I did resign myself to not having a remote for the thing as I couldn't find it, but one of my kids (who insisted on opening the box while I was assembling the stand) decided he would put it away safely for me in my bedroom top drawer.

Fingers crossed you have as much luck as I have had with this one.

So far so good.
    \

well mine just arrived.
    Not good news!!!
    Battered is the word that comes to mind.
    Screen in fooked.
    I presume I contact the seller not the courier company.
    So annoyed, was looking forward to setting it up.
    Ah sure these tings happen.
    Hopefully the second one I orderded in error is in better condition..

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kennyt

sham69 wrote: »
    \

well mine just arrived.
    Not good news!!!
    Screen in fooked.

Ah crap.
    Sorry to hear that.
    I'd be gutted.

Hope 2nd one is ok

Ah crap.
    Sorry to hear that.
    I'd be gutted.

Hope 2nd one is ok

thanks man,
    Ah these things happen but given whats happening in the world its quite trivial.
    Hopefully second one will be ok and they will refund me for the first.

thanks man,
    Ah these things happen but given whats happening in the world its quite trivial.
    Hopefully second one will be ok and they will refund me for the first.

Fingers crossed for you. According to Amazon mine is due for Delivery by 8pm tonight but it's not with anpost yet so I presume it will be tomorrow.

\

well mine just arrived.
    Not good news!!!
    Screen in fooked.

Aw that's crap luck, had they not it packaged right or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Hey all. Been monitoring this thread as I'm on the lookout for a 4K TV around this size. Very interested in this.

Just wondering how it might compare to this Hisense one?

https://www.amazon.de/Hisense-H43BE7000-Fernseher-Smart-TV-Standard/dp/B07RC6B2J8/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&fst=as%3Aoff&language=en_GB&qid=1590511645&refinements=p_36%3A20000-50000%2Cp_n_size_browse-bin%3A9590314031%7C9590315031%2Cp_n_feature_two_browse-bin%3A2711619031&rnid=497868011&s=ce-de&sr=1-2

Anyone with a better understanding of TVs able to cast an eye over it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

@sham69 that's a woeful shame. mine came just in box nothing extra to protect it. i was def lucky. hopefully the TV Gods will be more compassionate next time

Advertisement