Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Red Cross

• 13-03-2020 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

Call gone out to help NAS if required, boss says no, not giving time off.

What did you do to help during the Covid Troubles?
    Feck all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Other orgs called in too. Patient Transport could be happening when you are off. You might be able to buddy up and be able for a half shift. It could go on for 6 months. Are Red Cross Supplying PPE to NAS from Global Stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

stoneill wrote: »
    Call gone out to help NAS if required, boss says no, not giving time off.

What did you do to help during the Covid Troubles?
    Feck all.

On the other hand he may not want to increase his employees exposure.

Also.you are a volunteer and can only.do what you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 frankhon

It's a reasonable stance to take from your boss. Look at it from their point of view. Probably incredibly stressed with the recession looming and is afraid of their workforce getting the coronavirus. I'm not going to make assumptions about where you work, but in many areas, if word got out that an employee had COVID-19 it could significantly reduce the amount of business they get, which would very quickly result in layoff etc. It's not a black and white thing at all.

I'm in a voluntary also and we will be backing up NAS too. I'll do it outside of work hours. Boss will give some flexibility but as a previous poster said, this could go on for a long time and I need to protect my job first and foremost. Further - from what I have been told the voluntaries will be backing up the intermediate care service while the ICO's take 999 calls. I think this is the right thing for NAS to do, most voluntary members don't have experience with big emergencies or 999 calls but the ICOs will have some experience of this. It's not a matter of life or death that we volunteer for this. Do as much as you can but protect your job. The red cross won't pay you.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Exactly.... you can see how a large multinational who has 100's on site would not look too kindly on an employee over exposing themselves and they're colleagues through volunteer work.

Not my stance but possibly theirs

Ps there's many ways you could help , stock management, comms, logistics, catering etc

Advertisement