Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving from Dublin to Tralee. How Long?

• 03-06-2009 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

I've looked it up on google maps and it says it should take me 4hours to drive to Tralee from Dublin. I'd be leaving Dublin around 6 or 7pm so I shouldn't run into too much traffic. Is 4 hours still a good estimation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

Yeah, 4 hours is about right without traffic.
    It usually takes me about 3.5 hours to get from Saggart to just outside Listowel and Tralee is about another 20 - 30 minutes from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

it depends on where exactly in Dublin you going to. But at night it shouldnt be too bad. Tralee to Dun Laoghaire takes about 3 and a half hours at night.
    Last month though i dd make it from Dublin airport to tralee in 3 hous flat.( i know there was no reason to tell ye that and i catually wasnt going like a boy racer.Its just once you geta mooth road which you will at night tbh )

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sneem-man

Just looked at the AA Route Planner,Going from the IFSC to Tralee is a journey of 185 miles and should be done in 4 hours 12 min.That would be a Conservative estimate...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

yeah 4 hours is about right
    biggest hold up will be commuter traffic leaving dublin, so the later you leave the better

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

you might cut it to 3.5 hrs if lucky it is about 180 miles you might be hitting limerick around 9 so traffic will be heavy even with the ring road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

Dublin___Tralee.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

Takes me just over 3 hours at night with no traffic from kylemore rd to tralee. I would be driving quickly but not like a maniac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Damiano666

you need to get out more often, Kerry bog trotter

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Damiano666 wrote: »

Read the thread, it asks how long from DUBLIN to KERRY. :confused:

Who is the bloody bogtrotter

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Damiano666 wrote: »

If you cannot offer a constructive answer / helpful comment toward the OP and fellow posters, please don't bother posting as it is not what the Kerry Forum or it's numerous threads are about. We like to & aim to help each and every poster here in this forum, thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement