Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erection in the Shower

• 15-04-2007 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi All,

I'm a male 32 and I have a terrible problem, everytime I take off my cloths in the public showers in the swimming pool, gym, etc I get an errection, I have a girl friend, not gay, its just it comes up. It not at the stage where i do'nt shower in public anymore.

Has this hapened to any other guys? And how do you deal with it?

At least in the ladies showers they have cubicles and cover themselves up with a towel so i've been tols whay can'nt guys be the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It doesn't happen to me - and i'm gay :)
    About what do you think if you take the knickers off? Something must stimulate you. Wet, naked male bodies?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

You're not gay, aye right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Well if you're nervous about what everyone else will think, do what I was always told to do, imagine them all naked.

In all seriousness, if you're not gay, and I believe you, giving some though to the fact you're in a room full of naked men should probably solve the problem.

this sounds like a self perpetuating problem...the more you become anxious about having a stalker in the public showers the worse the problem becomes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

At least in the ladies showers they have cubicles and cover themselves up with a towel so i've been tols whay can'nt guys be the same?

What do you mean by this? That if the men in your gym etc always covered themselves up, and you guys all had cubicles, that you wouldn't get an erection?

If your 100% straight then it seems to me that the problem shouldn't lay in the fact that the men are naked or not? Maybe it's nothing about being gay, maybe you just get aroused by being naked in public, a free spirit, perhaps a touch of exhibitionism?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Meh. Try shining one off before you go swimming/football/etc. Oh, and do you get a boner whilst having a shower at home? If so, you probably think nothing of it, but if you're surrounded by naked males, you think "ZOMG, I'm gay"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Tails142

no offence but I just dont shower naked in public, EVER

am I in the minority?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Have a **** before you go to the gym/shower in public

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

The guy's twenty-two, prob just has a surfeit of testosterone. If it's just a semi, I don't think it's a problem. I see fellas walking around nonplussed like this all the time (in communal showers, I mean). If it's something more than this you might want to cover up as many men are homophobic, possibly because they're actually gay themselves.

Anyway, if it bothers you so much:
    (a) Cover up with a towel when you can,
    (b) Save the shower for when you get home,
    (c) The pre-shower **** might work, but make sure to do it at home and not in the changing room.

Plan (c) wouldn't be an option for me as the grand finale would remove all drive and motivation for me to do any physical exercise at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Maybe your gay and dont know it yet. Your confused?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

rediguana wrote:
    (c) The pre-shower **** might work, but make sure to do it at home and not in the changing room.

ROFL yes, deffo not a good idea in changing room :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Tails142 wrote:
    no offence but I just dont shower naked in public, EVER

am I in the minority?

if you use a gym, take part in team sports or are male then yes, you are very much in the minority.

OP the more you focus on it the more it'll happen, you have to try and stop thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,851 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Miss Fluff wrote:
    ROFL yes, deffo not a good idea in changing room :)

Unless you're in a Triga video.
    Iago wrote:
    OP the more you focus on it the more it'll happen, you have to try and stop thinking about it.

Easier said than done, but yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm a male 32 and I have a terrible problem, everytime I take off my cloths in the public showers in the swimming pool, gym, etc I get an errection, I have a girl friend, not gay, its just it comes up. It not at the stage where i do'nt shower in public anymore.
    It happened me once that I got a soft-on, but I think that was a "naked in front of people" thing and not a "naked in front of men" thing.

In the swimming pool, leave your shorts on in the shower, not ideal, but it covers things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Has this hapened to any other guys?
    nope.

am i the only one thinks the op is a troll?

Can I ask do you usually have a **** in the shower if your not in a public one ?
    If you do, could your body be conditioned to react to the hot shower in a quasi-pavlovian way like "hey hes having a shower now! get ready to bust one out!". Just an idea, and I wouldnt worry bout it too much, just going to get worse if you stress about it.

am i the only one thinks the op is a troll?

Yes. It's not unheard of for heterosexual guys to have problems with erections in public. It usually happens when someone worries too much about getting one and fears become reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Maybe try being naked more closer to the public. Like if you have a back garden, stand in it with a robe open, or near a window (obviously away from public view, or you may be deemed a pervert ;) )
    I dont know if this helps, but it may get you more used to it and find it a little less thrilling in the showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Dont worry about it man, I got one when reading this post, but then again there is a bit of a draft coming in my window going stright up my trouser leg :-)

I have know this to happen to a couple of lads when we were younger, especially after the gym. They explained it happened because they were on the bike or rowing machine, the friction from the movemnt got them all a bit rilled up, bit of sensation down there, then when the shorts and all came off there was a great feeling of freedom which created the dong effect.
    Atleast you know your fully working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

i would guess its nothing to worry about ...
    its like when your just about to get off the bus/dart/luas my friend decides he wants to break through the zipper and breath fresh air!

i would say its something in your mind like "i hope i don't get an erection in the shower around other people" murphy's law says you will!

completly natural.

Just try to think about your tax returns or something similar, if that fails just wind up the cold:eek: that'll soon drop it!

'wow i must be in opposite o land i have the exact opposite fear. When im in the jim or after a match i find mine shrivels up very very small tis highly embarrassing so im not a fan of communal showers either like the ones with at least some separation. Dont know why i should be embarrassed really lads never talk about these things'

'wow i must be in opposite o land i have the exact opposite fear. When im in the jim or after a match i find mine shrivels up very very small tis highly embarrassing so im not a fan of communal showers either like the ones with at least some separation. Dont know why i should be embarrassed really lads never talk about these things'
    Noone's going to notice. Seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Max_Nash

This used to happen me in my youth, in school especially where all the boys look at each others bits in the shower and its easy to get self concious.

now it never happens i just get unchanged and go about having my shower i look at no one just get on with it.

the same will happen you just try not to think about it, i know its easier said than done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

I guess just put swimming trunks on or turn the water to cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭oleras

Nothing to do with your sexuality, when i go to the beach i dont walk around with an erection ! Time and a place for everything.... i think it could be the water, have heard of tricks with strong directional shower heads and the water up real hot !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

kjfhkds wrote:
    It doesn't happen to me - and i'm gay :)
    That's what I was thinking!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

If it happens, turn the cold up full - that'll learn it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

They should send for men with nets to capture you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement