Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Clodiagh87

I got nothing either.

Anyone else in the same boat? Or did you all get the email for interview dates? (Those who sat phase 2 assessments).

No word here since the last minute medical and ‘we will be in touch shortly’ e-mails, around 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 anon2019!

mario84s wrote: »
    emails regarding interview dates sent...

Did you do your medical yet? or getting interview first?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 anon2019!

Ais123 wrote: »
    Maybe they are sending them out in phases, as two others got some earlier in the month both at different times.

Nothing either my end.. hopefully its just in phases.
    I have my medical completed and passed

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

anon2019! wrote: »

Nothing here so far either.

I can't imagine that you would have been given a medical and not get an interview, so the fact that you have not gotten any interview notification yet probably means they are sending them out in batches. They did mail me to say they would be in touch 'soon' with an update....

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Melanie1990

Sat the last lot of phases for Dublin on Feb 15th. Received an email today, invitation for interviews that will take place throughout next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

I'm the same as you. Medical completed / passed but nothing on the interview front

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭mario84s

Did you do your medical yet? or getting interview first?

interview first followed by medical... that's if i pass interview that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ais123

mario84s wrote: »
    interview first followed by medical... that's if i pass interview that is!

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rebellad 1970

From cork heard nothing since phase 2 so I emailed opc,the responded saying irishrail were dealing with my application directly and would contact me shortly ,not sure what to make of email really

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annor99

From cork heard nothing since phase 2 so I emailed opc,the responded saying irishrail were dealing with my application directly and would contact me shortly ,not sure what to make of email really

Do you mean the phase 2 online assessments?

• Advertisement

Yes I did phase 2 on 15th of jan

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jackdelaney93

From Cork also and I’ve heard nothing. In the same boat as yourself. Has anyone you’ve talked to heard anything ?

Ya a few got the thanks but no thanks mails,so not sure what to make of the mail they sent me last night

Sure hand in there you never know,it's going to be a long process I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭seanbrady49

Deedsie wrote: »
    Im in the same boat but for Limerick. I know of other Limerick applicants that have received the unsuccessful emails.

I havent heard anything since I completed Online phase 2

Galway for me, still squat, not heard of anyone who went for galway getting the thanks but no thanks mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Scuba1

How have people found the interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sabrina99

Hey all. Thread gone very quiet !
    Just wondering if there is anyone who was contacted a month ago to say they going to be progressing to medical still waiting to hear when this going to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Biggest load of Shiite. All the time off I took and not a peep in over a month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

khaldrogo wrote: »

I'm sure a lot of people took time off.

I've heard people took chances with work by going sick to go to the assessments too.

And I'm sure a lot of people that did take time off and got a rejection email are more pissed off than yourself !

Be patient ! It's not over yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Clodiagh87

And I'm sure a lot of people that did take time off and got a rejection email are more pissed off than yourself !

Has anybody that sat the assessments in Inchicore received a rejection e-mail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,741 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Boo hoo. Take it on the chin. No one owes you anything in this life. We all had to take time off or make up stories in our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Galway for me, still squat, not heard of anyone who went for galway getting the thanks but no thanks mail.

Same story here. So we might be still in the running :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭BlackandGreen

Haha, welcome to the PS. You're in for a big shock to the system if you do get the job. The best thing to do is give them a ring directly.

A month is nothing in the public service. Many simple things will take years even.

I was slightly drunk when I posted last night so let me explain my issues a little more clearly.

Even just an email saying where I am in the running. Or a date of some description would put my mind at rest. I even welcome a rejection at this point just so I could get some closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

sabrina99 wrote: »
    Hey all. Thread gone very quiet !
    Just wondering if there is anyone who was contacted a month ago to say they going to be progressing to medical still waiting to hear when this going to be.

Yep, that's me too.....!

I know what you mean - from the beginning of January things went at a blistering pace, first application, second online test, first tests in Inchicore, second tests in Inchicore, all within 4 weeks, and then...... Zip. Nada.... But I did email them about 10 days ago and they told me they would be in touch with an update...'soon'...
    Be patient ! It's not over yet !

That's my thinking, until they tell me to feck off I'm still in....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sabrina99

Thanks all. Few of us in the same boat so. Agree that it is very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Melanie1990

Went to interview last week and was told it will be longer than before until they get around to sending any correspondence to the candidates, as everything is being done one on one from here on out. Still hopeful. How did people find the interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TypicalPaddy

I'm in the same boat as a lot of you here , flew through several stages and then heard nothing back since phase 2! Emailed around 3 week's ago and they got back to say they'd be in touch , heard nothing so emailed again and got a real quick reply just apologising saying their just delayed in responding...... now it was pretty vague so at the end of the waiting it could just be a delayed rejection email which is a bit sick but at this point I wouldn't care just to know where I stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TypicalPaddy

Went to interview last week and was told it will be longer than before until they get around to sending any correspondence to the candidates, as everything is being done one on one from here on out. Still hopeful. How did people find the interviews?

Hey just wondering when did you sit phase 2? And how long before you heard about Interviews? Congrats as well!!

• Advertisement

Tell us about it please.....

Advertisement