Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is selling on adverts.ie a joke?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭satguy

I always found Adverts very good, I sell quite a few PC's on there, It works well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Find it grand also sell loads of bits on it and rarely get any bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Depends what you are selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭blade1

There's a fella on it that comments a lot on ladies boots. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

blade1 wrote: »
    There's a fella on it that comments a lot on ladies boots. :pac:

Oh he is one of those guys

• Advertisement

http://www.adverts.ie/11167012
    Don't all rush for it at once

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭blade1

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Oh he is one of those guys
    No items ever up for sale and has commented nearly 500 times but never bought a single thing.
    Mostly on leather thigh high boots or leather skirts and such.
    Has got 2 negative feedback warning women to be careful of him, asking personal questions.
    http://www.adverts.ie/11167012
    Don't all rush for it at once

I'm tempted to offer 1.50 if he'll drop it to my house 60 miles away. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Adverts is grand.
    Im almost at 300 positive feedback now.

You just have to be fair with your pricing.
    Don't deal with anyone with negative feedback.The odd one or two in a bunch of positives is ok but if all they have is negative then you know you are going to be messed around.

Don't offer postage AT ALL. Its not worth the hassle.

With electrical items ie phones ,consoles etc. Only deal with people who will call to you to view it.
    Make sure they see it working.

If youre buying--follow through-don't leave someone hanging-keep in touch with them.If youre selling then keep to the rules ie don't accept offers and then renege on them.

Once youre fair with people and don't **** them about you`ll do well on adverts.

Mind you its getting full of idiots these days with crap feedback,offering stupid prices for stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

blade1 wrote: »
    No items ever up for sale and has commented nearly 500 times but never bought a single thing.
    Mostly on leather thigh high boots or leather skirts and such.
    Has got 2 negative feedback warning women to be careful of him, asking personal questions.

I'm tempted to offer 1.50 if he'll drop it to my house 60 miles away. :D

That fella will only give you free stuff if you buy something from him I think. The worst of it, real good free items in Cork are drowning in the sea of sh1te that he puts up. I wonder where he gets the energy to list all those items

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Hellrazer wrote: »

Don't offer postage AT ALL. Its not worth the hassle.

Make sure they see it working.

These 2 right here and the 2 biggest pains Ive had to deal with on adverts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

My biggest problem is why there's so many who don't read the add itself. Selling a car that is automatic and petrol and I'm getting too many private messages about it. Hi there is the car still available. Is it auto or manual? Petrol or diesel?
    Read the add ffs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

The mods could be better on adverts.ie too, on 2 separate occasions I rightfully left negative feedback for 2 users that I accepted an offer on but they never replied, only for the negatives to be later removed. I contacted the mods and they said they removed them because the user said I should have messaged them again to remind them. lol They already had neg feedback for the same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

That fella will only give you free stuff if you buy something from him I think. The worst of it, real good free items in Cork are drowning in the sea of sh1te that he puts up. I wonder where he gets the energy to list all those items

https://touch.adverts.ie/crazy-random-stuff/prayer-to-saint-clare-for-the-sick/10990399

WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭One More Toy

More absolute crap from the man with the free doorstop.
    https://www.adverts.ie/crazy-random-stuff/paul-pogba-face-mask/16694813

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

https://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nintendo-switch-black-grey/17130550
    Shut up you absolutely ****in ignorant **** I hope you smashed your ****ty ****in game arsehole

Yup. People on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,646 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Korvanica wrote: »

And someone offers half the asking price :rolleyes:

I haven't bought/sold much on it lately but the thread above is a perfect example of why sellers should be able to remove replies.. not just abuse, but the low-ball offers and situations where you might accept a lower offer to sell quickly, only for the buyer to cancel and then everyone else starts at that price.

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

Just a few kids arguing over a computer game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

And someone offers half the asking price :rolleyes:

I haven't bought/sold much on it lately but the thread above is a perfect example of why sellers should be able to remove replies.. not just abuse, but the low-ball offers and situations where you might accept a lower offer to sell quickly, only for the buyer to cancel and then everyone else starts at that price.

I have a varied opinion about adverts.
    Its good as you can leave up ads as long as you want but the lowballing is annoying . I normally set up a minimum price on my stuff to stop this.
    I have a set of alloys up for 110 with bald tyres which is stated in the ad.
    Got an offer of 80 which i accepted.
    Buyer came to look at the alloys . Stated that he thought the tyres might have had something left on them and proceeded to offer 60 for them .
    If he offered 60 on adverts id have probably accepted but i declined his offer as he had wasted my time and annoyed me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Selling on Adverts will never be like selling on DD. Trying to make it so will ruin it.
    It's adverts, there's comments, so there's piss taking, there's banter etc etc and I love it tbh.
    Just don't take it seriously. If getting serious and only serious attention towards that car you're selling is the be all and end all, then you have more pressing issues than some sub-par inquiries made by "Make a ewe turn?".

I also love the piss being ripped out of gob****es who get caught selling dodgy ****e...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

Selling on Adverts will never be like selling on DD. Trying to make it so will ruin it.
    It's adverts, there's comments, so there's piss taking, there's banter etc etc and I love it tbh.
    Just don't take it seriously. If getting serious and only serious attention towards that car you're selling is the be all and end all, then you have more pressing issues than some sub-par inquiries made by "Make a ewe turn?".

I also love the piss being ripped out of gob****es who get caught selling dodgy ****e...

It can be quare funny how some people react on it .
    I bought a tractor off it a year or 2 ago well worth the money. The app wasnt working correctly for the seller. I found him on fb. And bought the tractor off him.
    The ad was still up on adverts.
    One lad who buys a lot of stuff off adverts cheap was fuming. He put the first offer on it. Why wasnt the seller responding. He was wasting everyones time . He should get first refusal. .etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

€290 for an item that can be bought brand new in packaging at Smyths for €330?

Get real. Seller should be realistic and stay at €200.

There is a snowballs chance in hell I'd be paying €290 for a second hand electronic item when a mere extra €40 will get me a brand new one from the shop, in packaging and unopened since it arrived from the factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

** WARNING ** Do not let your kids bid or act on this item, I don't want anything to do with them, if I have to deal with somebody this has to be an adult.

Least they know what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,978 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

http://www.adverts.ie/14875806

Wtf is this and why is it worth 5 grand???

retalivity wrote: »

"I accept Part Trade Of Silver bullion or Gold Coin or Jewelries and cash"

LOL, okay. He'll be lucky to get a battered DVD and a sitting room lamp that 'only needs a lampshade'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Look at the rest of his ads. Its a Sunday car boot sale table.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

Sure isn't the price of lamb shockin' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Look at the rest of his ads. Its a Sunday car boot sale table.

hes completely ****ing deluded.

*calling him deluded just wasn't enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Adverts is fine as long as you're not messing around with your selling prices or offers.

I've never had any messing about but then i don't engage in Adverts where the asking price is too high or engage with people making stupidly low offers (at most, they will get a no thanks). If you price the stuff you are selling reasonably and it's not something obscure then you'll probably sell it fairly quickly. Only takes about 5-10 mins to look around at what similar ads are listed for / selling for to get an idea of what price it should be when offering or selling.

Advertisement