Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRAND CANAL FISHING.

• 23-04-2011 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi there

would anybody be able to help me out with a bit of info. on the best place to traval to for seeking roach and bream fishing on the canal?

Where would i get the train to? Where would I be walking when i got off?

I`ll be travelling from dublin city centre.

I`ll be very happy with any info given

Thanks people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jay tipperary

hi
    did you try the grand canal in kildare around rathangan loads of roach and bream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

You could take a train to Enfield and fish the Royal Canal locally or you could take a bus that maybe goes through Prosperous and Allenwood and Killina, even onto Edenderry. The bus route follows along the Grand Canal in places. The Kinnegad bus also crosses the Royal Canal at Moyvalley. Take a look at a map of both and see what suits you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭delsalmon

hi
    did you try the grand canal in kildare around rathangan loads of roach and bream
    not anymore, got hammered and netted badly this summer. found loads of nightlines along the bank, all reported to ifi and wi. there was a problem with padlocks removed from gates leaving total access to hidden areas on towpath which got hammered, when word got out. the bream shoal which numbered roughly 35 3-6lbers is only half a dozen left. there were 2 foreign nationals caught killing 2 bream 2 weeks ago, when pulled up on it they replied they usually kill 30 a night. its completely ruined now. ps can you private message people with locations instead, no wonder places are getting cleaned out...

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭FullOf..IT

delsalmon wrote: »
    not anymore, got hammered and netted badly this summer. found loads of nightlines along the bank, all reported to ifi and wi. there was a problem with padlocks removed from gates leaving total access to hidden areas on towpath which got hammered, when word got out. the bream shoal which numbered roughly 35 3-6lbers is only half a dozen left. there were 2 foreign nationals caught killing 2 bream 2 weeks ago, when pulled up on it they replied they usually kill 30 a night. its completely ruined now. ps can you private message people with locations instead, no wonder places are getting cleaned out...

I swear I die a little when i hear **** like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jay tipperary

nothing is been done about it i read loads of threads about ppl pasting on info about these FN killing mass numbers of fish to the right ppl are they understaff or just not bothered were i fish i always keep a eye open for traces of rope or gut on the bank always a sign they were there i also have my cam in my jacket ready to snap a few shot of these FN and there reg its real bad all these fish been wipe out by a few ppl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭delsalmon

nothing is been done about it i read loads of threads about ppl pasting on info about these FN killing mass numbers of fish to the right ppl are they understaff or just not bothered were i fish i always keep a eye open for traces of rope or gut on the bank always a sign they were there i also have my cam in my jacket ready to snap a few shot of these FN and there reg its real bad all these fish been wipe out by a few ppl
    Well it doesnt help when locations of good fishing are posted on open forums, different naming the big loughs, but canals and small lakes are suffering because of people blabbing off about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 gerryfisherman

hi there all can any one there in dublin tell me if the stretch of the grand canal at ballsbridge near the grand canal hotel can be fished and if so what spieces of coarse fish can i expect to find there manythanks gerry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nenaghlad

Hi Folks, I'm interested in doing some lure fishing for pike/perch on the Grand Canal and I haven't a clue where to go. Any advice would be greatly received.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Used to spin for pike in kilcock, its gone very quiet recently. Same with Longwood and Enfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

delsalmon wrote: »

These clowns aren't still at this are they? When are they going to be gailed for this, or do we continue to bury the head in the sand and hope it will go away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement