Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

O'Cualann Cohousing ballymum

• 16-06-2018 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

I see O'Cualann Cohousing are looking at a 2nd project in ballymum after the popintree scheme. Calling this one cranage project.

Does anyone know where in ballymum this is likely to be.
    Also prices seem higher then last scheme 175k for 2 bed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

At a guess I'd say beside the Holy Spirit Church where the silloge flats were. It's ear marked for development I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭scheister

Bambi wrote: »
    At a guess I'd say beside the Holy Spirit Church where the silloge flats were. It's ear marked for development I believe

thanks Bambi any idea what that area is like?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

scheister wrote: »
    thanks Bambi any idea what that area is like?

Unless you’ve already registered and have a slot then these are gone already.

kceire wrote: »
    Unless you’ve already registered and have a slot then these are gone already.

Hi Kceire I'm in the list. Just doing my background work on the scheme

Hi Kceire I'm in the list. Just doing my background work on the scheme

Excellent. Have you been offered a house or just on their list?
    I’m not sure where the next site is yet to be honest, I’ve been on the poppintree site many times and my impressions on the builds are very good.

• Advertisement

Excellent. Have you been offered a house or just on their list?
    I’m not sure where the next site is yet to be honest, I’ve been on the poppintree site many times and my impressions on the builds are very good.

Got an email Friday about the new site about speak to an advisor about a mortgage

Got an email Friday about the new site about speak to an advisor about a mortgage

That’s a good sign.
    I’m not involved in the process or on the list but I do have close connections to the building work on site. Ie. I’m there every few weeks inspecting.

Depending on the builder, they are very well built. The current crop of houses are extremely well finished with lots of detail done above and beyond the minimum. Lilly things like the attic is already for conversion subject to stairs a few fire provisions. The truss systems provide the space and there’s a Velux window up there for light.

They put in a concrete base and garden shed.

I’ll try find the exact site over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dublinguy2018

They've been in the news a good bit recently, seems to be going well. I think they're planning several more projects or more.

They've been in the news a good bit recently, seems to be going well. I think they're planning several more projects or more.

64 houses total on this site.
    About 42 occupied now.
    Final 20odd before end of year.

Next site is in Ballymun also, 30odd houses I think.

Great program. The city council are deeply involved in selling the land for token amounts, eliminating planning levies and. Infrastructure levies to allow these to be built and sold at affordable home scheme prices. It’s a pity the council don’t get their share of the good comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dublinguy2018

I think they're planning on building on the land beside their 1st project.

Yes the council did well here, hopefully it'll happen more and more often.

• Advertisement

I think they're planning on building on the land beside their 1st project.

Yes the council did well here, hopefully it'll happen more and more often.

Not at the moment. That’s unknown land at the moment.
    The other site is down further towards the shopping centre but not as far down.

Not at the moment. That’s unknown land at the moment.
    The other site is down further towards the shopping centre but not as far down.

it is a good idea and should be extended to other areas its just a shame that i was not in a position to take advantage of it on this moment

it is a good idea and should be extended to other areas its just a shame that i was not in a position to take advantage of it on this moment

Make sure you are on their list.
    Double check since the introduction of GDPR thing, they had to get everybodies permission again to keep you on their list.

Advertisement