Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Changing Jobs during Mortgage Process

• 09-08-2018 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

I have recently been pre approved for a mortgage but have also been headhunted for a new job (much better salary)

Am I right in thinking that the bank will no longer allow me to proceed to purchase if I am on the standard 6 month probationary period with the new employer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

I would contact the bank and see but I was told by the bank and our solicitor to not change jobs until after drawdown as it would put us back to square one. But that probably depends on the bank and your employment history so I’d give them a call if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

I was told I would need to have passed probation to get fully approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

This question definitely came up in the last 6 months if you do a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

Blingy wrote: »
    This question definitely came up in the last 6 months if you do a search.

My bad, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

A risk to move jobs. Need to have passed your probabtion. Normally six months in the role. Happened to my friend and the bank that had initially approved her would not let her proceed - even though her new job was permanent. She eventually was approved by a different bank.

I’m a teacher and had awful trouble because you need to be in the same school on your own hours for two years before you are made permanent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I know someone who was in that position. The bank pulled the mortgage as he was on probation.

Get your money first and then change the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

Or talk to you new job about eliminating the probation period. Worth a shot...

Advertisement