Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 8 **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Was there something already on the cards about it being the last season? I thought I remembered something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Shame I do like the show. They should never have had the kid in it and just made it a straight spy show. The early seasons were awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Slydice wrote: »
    Was there something already on the cards about it being the last season? I thought I remembered something like that.
    Yeah sounds familiar. Thought they had suggested after the last season, that the next would be the last.

Hopefully it's a good one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Mod - Have split s8 posts into a separate thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Miscreanter

It's coming back like a boxer who's knocked out but won't stay down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

It's coming back like a boxer who's knocked out but won't stay down

You still like the guy but he needs to go

Hopefully it goes out on a bang. It’s had it’s ups and downs, some great characters passed through it’s doors but it’s time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kingkev100

Anyone know when homeland season 8 (final season ) will broadcast on rte 2?
    My favorite drama series ever !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sparko

No confirmed date yet. Filming is only starting this month. The latest news is Autumn 2019.

will definitely watch this

certainly had its ups and downs over the years with some truely shyte seasons in the transition to the non-Brody situation (the Venezuela year! with the unfinished building)

even then not all seasons have been great or even that good but have kept watching.

so will see it out

the season set in Pakistan remains my favourite.

with the final season being based in Afghanistan I have moderate to high hopes as it, like Pakistan has all the same tension elements present in the location alone.
    (filming location is Morocco as Afghanistan obv too dangerous)

• Advertisement

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hugh Dancy aka Mr. Claire Danes joins
    He will play John Zabel, a savvy Washington consultant who joins the White House as a new foreign-policy advisor to the President and a formidable opponent to Saul Berenson

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It has now been pushed back to 2020.

Due to start on February 9th 2020.

https://tvline.com/2019/08/02/homeland-final-season-8-premiere-date-showtime/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Not good. I was really looking forward to it.

Won't air until February.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Guessing their storyline keeps changing

Trying to line up with real world events maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Slydice wrote: »
    Trying to line up with real world events maybe?

Good luck with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭lukin

No I'd say because its the last season ever they want to do it justice and go out with a bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

lukin wrote: »
    No I'd say because its the last season ever they want to do it justice and go out with a bang.
    I admire your optimism! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

This is unrelated to season 8 but I have a quick question.

I am currently nearing the end of season 3 of Homeland and am really struggling with it. I loved the first two seasons but wasn't gone on this one at all. I am contemplating on giving up totally with it but am wondering if it improves after season 3 or if its all downhill?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Corkgirl18 wrote: »

I am currently nearing the end of season 3 of Homeland and am really struggling with it. I loved the first two seasons but wasn't gone on this one at all. I am contemplating on giving up totally with it but am wondering if it improves after season 3 or if its all downhill?

Thanks!

It takes off in new directions in seasons 4 and 5, and you'll be glad of it. Stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Thanks!

It essentially restarts in season 4, goes in a total new and excellent direction. Stick with it.

Great to hear. Thanks for the feedback guys! Much appreciated.

Great to hear. Thanks for the feedback guys! Much appreciated.

Season 4 is the best of the lot imo.

Definitely don't give up now when you're so close!

Yeah, season 3 lead to something

Thanks again for the season 4 recommendation. Loving it so far!
    Going to unfollow the thread in case I see some season 8 spoilers. I'll catch up eventually :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Acosta

It essentially restarts in season 4, goes in a total new and excellent direction. Stick with it.

From then on it's a much better show imo

• Advertisement

Full trailer.

Time to get one back over on the Russians?

Advertisement