Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4+any two games+€150 = PS Pro

• 01-06-2018 7:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I was surprised at this offer in GameStop tbh.

My PS4 was sounding like a jet engine, very hot no matter what the ventilation, wasn’t taking discs that well if at all sometimes and had a 500gb hd.

To be honest I’m surprised it didn’t die on me in the last 6 months or so.

Anyway as the title suggest trade in your original PS4, any two games (like two copies of FIFA 15 which you can get in cex for a euro each) and €150 and GameStop will give you a brand new 1tb ps pro.

Won’t be for everyone but suits me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Requires giving money to gamestop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Requires giving money to gamestop though.

Very true but it’s a good deal all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭djan

Can you post a link? On the site I can only see a deal for PS4 not the Pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

I got the deal last week. The offer had been displayed on the GameStop website its for the 1TB PS4 Pro. There’s a €199 deal for the white version with Destiny 2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Seems like a good deal. How do you transfer data from one PS4 to a new one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Do they test the PS4 , my HDMI port is acting up.

Do they test the PS4 , my HDMI port is acting up.

They do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Is it a new pro you get? Or a recycled one?

Is it a new pro you get? Or a recycled one?

New

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Seems like a good deal. How do you transfer data from one PS4 to a new one?

You can back up the data to PSN (cloud) and download it onto the new one or do as I did and copy it to an external HDD and transfer it back onto the new PS4.
    I availed of this trade in offer the last time they ran it. Be aware that you'll need to bring along the controller and power lead also.

• Advertisement

djan wrote: »
    Can you post a link? On the site I can only see a deal for PS4 not the Pro?

There’s the black version 1tb I got for €150 or if you want the white destiny bundle you pay €190 or €199 I think it was. I already own destiny so went with the black one at €150.

I backed my games to the cloud I think. In settings and upload or something.

They’re all downloading onto my hard drive again as we speak. Be nice to hold double the games than my 500gb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Is it genuinely any games at all? I have a couple of old FIFAs, this would be fine?

Console, controller, power cable, and those 2 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The two games need to scan at their till to be acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Do you have to give the controller, or could you get away with not giving it?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Do you have to give the controller, or could you get away with not giving it?
    Controller is a must (and charging cable). They charged me a 2 euro ''refurbish fee'' cause the buttons were worn on my controller whilst doing a console trade swap promo last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭djan

Can someone please post a link to this? Can't find it on their site at all and wondering what the T&Cs are

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

djan wrote: »
    Can someone please post a link to this? Can't find it on their site at all and wondering what the T&Cs are

There's a banner on their site, it's about the 5th or 6th option when scrolling across

kensutz wrote: »
    There's a banner on their site, it's about the 5th or 6th option when scrolling across

This is how I found it. I actually went on looking for something else and saw it. I assume you’d need two newish games but nope any two will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Stiro05

I've just ordered the days of play limited edition which costs E69.99 when you trade in an old PS4. It's not bad considering the PS4 I'm trading in is 4 years old I think and is getting a little loud. I was going to buy a new controller which are E50 on their and this comes with 2 so to me it's good value

Stiro05 wrote: »
    I've just ordered the days of play limited edition which costs E69.99 when you trade in an old PS4. It's not bad considering the PS4 I'm trading in is 4 years old I think and is getting a little loud. I was going to buy a new controller which are E50 on their and this comes with 2 so to me it's good value

I considered it myself but fancied a bigger hard drive and a bit more power for frame rate ****e.

Lovely looking console though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Is this definitely a new console? See only 2nd hand ones in stock in the whole country

Would love to know how long this runs for. Not in a position to move on this for another week or 2

Is this definitely a new console? See only 2nd hand ones in stock in the whole country

Would love to know how long this runs for. Not in a position to move on this for another week or 2

Yes 1000%

Yes 1000%

Cool. But I suppose would have to wait for new stock anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Cool. But I suppose would have to wait for new stock anyway

Thanks Op, picked this deal up in Stephens green after a bit of phoning around to find stock

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Anyone who's availed of it care to list what games you used as trade in? Looking to get two old ones for little or nothing that I can use.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

superg wrote: »
    Anyone who's availed of it care to list what games you used as trade in? Looking to get two old ones for little or nothing that I can use.

Pro evolution soccer 2015 and 2016.

Would really appreciate anyone heading in, to ask how long the promo is going on for

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

kensutz wrote: »

Thanks Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

According to the website it's in until Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

RossieMan wrote: »
    According to the website it's in until Monday.
    Where did you see that? I can't find it.

Advertisement