Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

The N11 last night heading past Stillorgan at about 5 or half 5, Pink and Black

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Gasco

CramCycle wrote: »
    The N11 last night heading past Stillorgan at about 5 or half 5, Pink and Black

Southbound? Probably me.

Gasco wrote: »
    Southbound? Probably me.

You it is, keeping a nice steady pace up past the Topaz, I certainly wouldn't be going up that drag so fast.

CramCycle wrote: »
    You it is, keeping a nice steady pace up past the Topaz, I certainly wouldn't be going up that drag so fast.

Hmmm, "fast" is not a term I have heard applied to my cycling abilities - maybe not me after all....

Gasco wrote: »
    Hmmm, "fast" is not a term I have heard applied to my cycling abilities - maybe not me after all....

it was relevant, I was driving for a change so everyone on a bike seemed fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭Plastik

Probably was Gasco I spotted on Tuesday through Shankill/Bray also.

Green version through Deansgrange heading towards town this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭Plastik

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

cython wrote: »
    Think a repeat of this at about 8.05 this morning heading north on Harcourt Street. Didn't catch the bike make this time but everything else seems the same enough!
    Those are likely to be me.

Plastik wrote: »

Me alright. Am used to you passing me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭buffalo

Nice to bump into rollingscone again yesterday, later in the day when he's a bit more articulate. :D Sorry I had to dash off, I only made it to the event with about five minutes to spare in the end though, so glad I did!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Green/Pink kit spotted twice today on the GDBR - between Clontarf and Sutton and later at the food stop in Naul.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Green/Pink kit spotted twice today on the GDBR - between Clontarf and Sutton and later at the food stop in Naul.

That was me. It only occurred to me after the food stop to give a name.

I was about 20-30 metres behind you as far as Malahide when I stopped for a nature break.

Then again I was maybe 5-10 metres behind you on the old N2 to Hollystown and you just disappeared into the distance.

Edit: My first Wishbone Ash Sighting, like busses, you wait ages for one, and then 3 in the same day.

Weepsie wrote: »
    That was me. It only occurred to me after the food stop to give a name.

I was about 20-30 metres behind you as far as Malahide when I stopped for a nature break.

Then again I was maybe 5-10 metres behind you on the old N2 to Hollystown and you just disappeared into the distance.

Edit: My first Wishbone Ash Sighting, like busses, you wait ages for one, and then 3 in the same day.
    Didn't realise it was yourself! :)

Robert Foster in the green bibs on this morning's club ride.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Passed a boardsie at the Eastpoint entrance this morning, only managed a passing hello!

Passed a boardsie at the Eastpoint entrance this morning, only managed a passing hello!
    That was myself. I was in a bit of a daydream at the time hence the late reply and the reason I ended up at caught at that junction instead of leaving the cycle track earlier! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Passed a striped Boardsie at an ungodly hour this morning on Clontarf cycle path. It was dark but my money is on rollingscone on a pre-work leg-loosener to Howth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Passed a striped Boardsie at an ungodly hour this morning on Clontarf cycle path. It was dark but my money is on rollingscone on a pre-work leg-loosener to Howth.

Yep. Sorry. Apparently my English listening comprehension needs work

Pink and black kit with white Helmet southbound on Clanbrassil st at about 0825 this morning.

Gave a shout and a wave but don't think it made it across the traffic noise.

Pink and black kit with white Helmet southbound on Clanbrassil st at about 0825 this morning.

Gave a shout and a wave but don't think it made it across the traffic noise.
    At Leonard's Corner?

I thought I heard a faint shout alright but couldn't see where it came from so I just gave a delayed 'neutral' wave of my hand.

• Advertisement

At Leonard's Corner?

I thought I heard a faint shout alright but couldn't see where it came from so I just gave a delayed 'neutral' wave of my hand.

T'was

I've finally joined the WA spotting club!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Not the most expected sight when cycling kids to school through streets broad and narrow, yet full pink kit has been spotted and acknowledged at 8:40, Leinster Road, D6.

Obviously it was no one else but Sir WA himself.

I gave a shout to a Boardsie in the green jersey in Howth village today at 1.05pm.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,975 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

was that someone in a pink and black boards jersey i saw at about 2pm, on a white fixie on collins avenue today?

was that someone in a pink and black boards jersey i saw at about 2pm, on a white fixie on collins avenue today?
    Guilty as charged (and fighting that bloody headwind!).

I didn't see you. Were you on a bike?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,975 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

nope, i was in a car cos i was on my way to the woodturning. won a bottle of champagne, a bottle of wine, a bottle of vodka, and several pieces of an old door frame in the christmas raffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

34phycw.jpg

Double mutual sighting:)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Double mutual sighting

Great jerseys. Great product placement too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

rushfan wrote: »
    Great product placement too.

Only because all our regular coffee stops in the area were closed :(

• Advertisement

i'm just imagining a pulp fiction style conversation between them as they cycle now.
    'you know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese in roubaix?'

Advertisement