Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OnePlus 8/Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Anyone manage to grab the OnePlus Buds? Worth getting?

Yeah, they're OK for music, not so great on calls, I can hear the other party fine, they sometimes can't hear me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Cross-post from BA for anyone on the fence, OnePlus 8 5G 12GB RAM 256GB UK in Glacial Green is 473GBP on Amazon:
    dilallio wrote: »
    Excellent price on Amazon UK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085YVQJKQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_RhkzFb1KXFH9K

Offer ends at 11pm tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Locoparentis

Have been looking to sell on my one plus 6 and upgrade to the 8 and noticed a few on adverts 128gb for around 600. Couple of shops seem to be selling with decent feedback is there any reason why they are being sold for less value I have asked one seller regarding the model and he told me it is IN2013 and they are new.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Have been looking to sell on my one plus 6 and upgrade to the 8 and noticed a few on adverts 128gb for around 600. Couple of shops seem to be selling with decent feedback is there any reason why they are being sold for less value I have asked one seller regarding the model and he told me it is IN2013 and they are new.

T variant arriving soon, so I'd expect some price drops in the next while from OP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Side note. But I dropped my OnePlus 8pro off that 100kmh Cuchulain rollercoaster in Tayto park with the default plastic case on it.

Not a scratch.

I don't know where they found it, or how far it fell. But it is either indestructible or the luckiest phone ever made.

• Advertisement

9to5Google: OnePlus 8T leak suggests €599 start price w/ more proposed specs.
    https://9to5google.com/2020/09/22/alleged-oneplus-8t-leak-suggests-e599-start-price-w-more-proposed-specs/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

The charging speed on the 8T will be unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

xtal191 wrote: »

Is this the new flagship to succeed the 8 pro or 8? Confusing.

Is this the new flagship to succeed the 8 pro or 8? Confusing.

I wouldnt be swapping from an 8 pro to an 8T

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Have the one plus 5T and thinking of an upgrade last few weeks
    Was going to pull trigger on the 8 pro but saw the 8T was close to launch so i would hang on

Anybody figured out the main Difference between them yet and care to share ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

8T: 8/128 €599 , 12/256 €699 - I'm surprised! Add in a Student Discount and you've got an even better deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

rizzee wrote: »
    8T: 8/128 €599 , 12/256 €699 - I'm surprised! Add in a Student Discount and you've got an even better deal.

€619/€719 on the Irish store.

adox wrote: »
    €619/€719 on the Irish store.

Woops. Didn't even check. Works out at €608 on Amazon Prime too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

rizzee wrote: »
    Woops. Didn't even check. Works out at €608 on Amazon Prime too.

Still a great price on the 128gb. Cheaper than the original I think?

adox wrote: »
    Still a great price on the 128gb. Cheaper than the original I think?

I'm not too sure to be honest! Sold my Nord today, got the money back on it. Going to pull the trigger on 8T soon. Might even wait til Black Friday incase there are any free goodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,935 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

have the 8t pro 12/256 gb , just wondering has anyone got the 5g working ?

I got the 5g addon to my three account, just top try it out really, but no sign of any option to pick 5g ? Any ideas

Could be the same as the Nord, waiting on a SW update to enable 5G in certain countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

2smiggy wrote: »
    have the 8t pro 12/256 gb , just wondering has anyone got the 5g working ?

I got the 5g addon to my three account, just top try it out really, but no sign of any option to pick 5g ? Any ideas

5G is in Settings / wifi & network / sim and network on my 8.
    It has an option to choose best out of 2g/3g/4g/5g.
    I don't know if it works though. Im on a 4g plan.

timetogo1 wrote: »
    5G is in Settings / wifi & network / sim and network on my 8.
    It has an option to choose best out of 2g/3g/4g/5g.
    I don't know if it works though. Im on a 4g plan.

the best option i can choose is 2g/3g/4g , I'm on the three network. I did sign up for the 5g addon yesterday , just out of curiosity really. I might get in contact with them in case there is something else i must do

• Advertisement

the best option i can choose is 2g/3g/4g , I'm on the three network. I did sign up for the 5g addon yesterday , just out of curiosity really. I might get in contact with them in case there is something else i must do

I'm in the same boat, have the three 5g addon enabled and have the oneplus 8,
    I contacted oneplus yesterday and got the following response:
    Hi Heraldoffreeent,

Thank you for contacting OnePlus Customer Support.

I am sorry to know that you have been facing issues in using 5G network in your device. This is just not the kind of experience we would want our customer to have. Please do not worry, we will definitely try our best to resolve the issue you have been facing.

I would like to inform you that, with Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 865 chipset we have the latest 5G connectivity featured on our OnePlus 8 series. I completely understand the need of using the 5G network for a quick and reliable internet speed to ensure flawless use of the applications at a faster pace.

The 5G connectivity is available with the following conditions:

* The network band that we support on our devices should be used by the Service providers( compatible)
    * The device needs to be whitelisted by the service providers.
    * 5G services are only supported in 5G network enabled locations. The actual speed may vary depending on region, carrier, and user environment.

Also, I would like to keep you informed that, we at OnePlus strive hard to provide the best and the latest technology to our customers, we are currently collaborating with the service providers to ensure the 5G is available across the globe in the near future.

We would request you to support us and stay tuned for more updates.

Your understanding will be highly appreciated in this regard.

Please revert to us, if you need any assistance. I will be glad to assist you further.

Regards,

I responded back:
    Hi Oneplus,
    Thank you for your prompt response.
    N78 is the band used by Three Ireland, and it's on the my phone also.
    The network launched in Ireland three weeks ago, and as I'm in central Dublin for living and working, It should be easy to pick up for me, as I'm only metres away from a number of their NR masts.

That leads me on to whitelisting, Do you have any information as to when this may be achieved with Three? I know of people using oneplus 8's in the UK on Three without issue, and the process I imagine is little more than updating a data table or two somewhere?

Kind regards,

As of now I've got nothing back.

I should add that I've tried the 5g sim in the phone on its qwn, and this hasn't worked either.

thanks for that.

frustrating having a 5g phone, and not being able to use it. I have seen some instructions about doing it myself messing with some internal settings that should be left alone. I don't think I'll bother going down that road.

thanks for that.

frustrating having a 5g phone, and not being able to use it. I have seen some instructions about doing it myself messing with some internal settings that should be left alone. I don't think I'll bother going down that road.

Yeah, I know the ones you mean, I think I also saw that if theres a system update or a security update, you're back to square one again, and need to redo the process once more. Same as you, I'm not too keen on that sort of fiddly stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Got the 8T myself yesterday.
    Only signed up for Eir 5G yesterday as well (already an eir customer). Not sure if u need a new sim card?

My main thing though is I can't get wireless android auto working for me (have a compatible car). Wired AA works no bother. Not sure what the story is with that.

Further to my posts upthread, I got the following update from Oneplus just now:
    Hi Heraldoffreeent,

Thank you for reverting to OnePlus Customer Support.

Apologies for the delay in response.

I can understand that your carrier is supporting 5G and you want to know when you will be able to enjoy 5G network in your device. As mentioned in our previous response, we are currently collaborating with the service providers to ensure the 5G is available across the globe in the near future.

We will soon fix this issue and after that you will be definitely able to enjoy 5G network in your device. Please stay tuned to our official website for the updates regarding this. I assure you that, we will fix this issue at the earliest.

We appreciate your patience in this regards.

Please revert to us, if you need any assistance. I will be glad to assist you further.

Regards,
    Ms J
    OnePlus Customer Support

So no real update, just hang on and wait.

How's everyone finding the 8T? Will an ''older'' 30w Warp charger from a Nord still product fast charging?

Any niggles or bugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Further to my posts upthread, I got the following update from Oneplus just now:

So no real update, just hang on and wait.

Have you tried after the oxygen 11 update?

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    Have you tried after the oxygen 11 update?

Yeah, made no difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

folks some qns from someone who has never had a one plus before:

Im coming from an iphone 11 pro max

which variant to go for 8 pro or 8t?
    How does the camera compare to other flagships
    Whats their version of android OS like, is it it heavily customised?

Advertisement