Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick general discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anyones standard (non 4K) slowing down? Mines really dragging its heels of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

ED E wrote: »
    Anyones standard (non 4K) slowing down? Mines really dragging its heels of late.

Ye had that issue yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Locoparentis

Just got Nordvpn for the month as I got a new fire stick is there a way I can get it to work with Netflix USA I have tried a couple different servers on the Nord app I downloaded on the fire stick but having no joy. Is there a way around this or should I seek an alternative Vpn at the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

reni10 wrote: »
    Did anyone actually get a PM for the setup?

A week later I'd like to ask if anyone got a PM/DM with info about the setup? Because I didn't and it looks like a few others didn't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,779 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

FanadMan wrote:
    A week later I'd like to ask if anyone got a PM/DM with info about the setup? Because I didn't and it looks like a few others didn't either.

Not sure anyone has

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

FanadMan wrote: »

It’s just an iptv app, google is your friend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I upgraded to the 4k stick so much quicker.

Wolf launcher is nice..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mossie

Just got Nordvpn for the month as I got a new fire stick is there a way I can get it to work with Netflix USA I have tried a couple different servers on the Nord app I downloaded on the fire stick but having no joy. Is there a way around this or should I seek an alternative Vpn at the end of the month.

Nord VPN works fine for me when Netflix USA. Haven't even had to change servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,862 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I was planning on getting a freesat dish and box for my new bedroom but tbh for the small amount of TV I watch these days Mobdro on the 4k stick has been so good recently I don't think I'll bother, it's pretty much flawless, sd rather than HD though.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭avud

mossie wrote: »
    Nord VPN works fine for me when Netflix USA. Haven't even had to change servers.

Try to clear cache and force stop then reinstall on the Netflix app especially if you are switching off the vpn. I have express vpn and it works. You can get a free 7 day trial on it at present.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    I was planning on getting a freesat dish and box for my new bedroom but tbh for the small amount of TV I watch these days Mobdro on the 4k stick has been so good recently I don't think I'll bother, it's pretty much flawless, sd rather than HD though.

Try to clear cache and force stop then reinstall on the Netflix app especially if you are switching off the vpn. I have express vpn and it works. You can get a free 7 day trial on it at present.

avud wrote: »

Wrong link.. apologies

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I think I'll buy one. Sounds like a clever gadget

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

I see they back in Argos again. There is a €36 and a €48 version... seems to be the Alexa functions to be the difference.

Masala wrote: »
    I see they back in Argos again. There is a €36 and a €48 version... seems to be the Alexa functions to be the difference.

Might be cheaper in Argos come black Friday,I bought one in Argos for 24 euro last black Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I think I'll buy one. Sounds like a clever gadget

Isn't it just for making a non smart tv, smart? As in netflix etc

py2006 wrote: »

Nope you can watch a lot on it like latest movies tv series,tv channels etc great piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,381 ✭✭✭✭kippy

py2006 wrote: »

It depends on what type of smart TV you are talking about but yes, on thing it does is bring smart features to a traditionally non smart TV.
    It also brings Android OS features to smart TVs that don't have Android OS on then and as such might be limited to the apps you can install on them.

It's also portable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭One More Toy

kippy wrote: »
    It depends on what type of smart TV you are talking about but yes, on thing it does is bring smart features to a traditionally non smart TV.
    It also brings Android OS features to smart TVs that don't have Android OS on then and as such might be limited to the apps you can install on them.

It's also portable.

*cough*iptv*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Locoparentis

avud wrote: »

Tried that no joy still not connecting to Netflix USA has anyone had any luck with Nord Vpn and Netflix USA on the fire stick if so is there a certain way of setting it up or something I am missing I had read that there does seem to be an issue with the fire stick and Nord connecting to Netflix USA unfortunately this was after I purchased it for the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    During initial setup I didn't get volume control set up. Is it possible to do now without having to reset the Firestick please?
    Thanks,
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mossie

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    During initial setup I didn't get volume control set up. Is it possible to do now without having to reset the Firestick please?
    Thanks,
    Pa

Go to settings and equipment control. You can set up TV and/or audio setup there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Got the 4k version on prime day as back up device.

Was adding apps but can't seem to get the play store added.

Tried searching online but no joy.

Anyway of loading it on firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,803 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Got the 4k version on prime day as back up device.

Was adding apps but can't seem to get the play store added.

Tried searching online but no joy.

Anyway of loading it on firestick.
    Google "Troypoint" and have a read

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

muffler wrote: »
    Google "Troypoint" and have a read

Thanks yes I can install Aptoide just was wondering if Play store could be installed. I use TVImate etc and just wondering if Aptoide updates apps similar to Play store

Just using it as back up and for second TV and when I can go visit friends :confused:

Tried that no joy still not connecting to Netflix USA has anyone had any luck with Nord Vpn and Netflix USA on the fire stick if so is there a certain way of setting it up or something I am missing I had read that there does seem to be an issue with the fire stick and Nord connecting to Netflix USA unfortunately this was after I purchased it for the month.

Netflix have a very good vpn block in place,
    I've had a few vpn's myself and from the ones I have had i only found express vpn successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Leonita

Is anybody else having problems with All4? I've uninstalled and reinstalled and all I'm getting is that the programme is not available in my location or something along those lines. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 45,803 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks yes I can install Aptoide just was wondering if Play store could be installed. I use TVImate etc and just wondering if Aptoide updates apps similar to Play store

Just using it as back up and for second TV and when I can go visit friends :confused:
    Im sure the details on how to install the play store are on the Troypoint website but in any event a quick online search throws up lots of details

• Registered Users Posts: 14,708 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

is there any way to get prime video working with an Irish amazon account? I tried loading the app from Aptoide as suggested further up the thread but it wouldn't install as there's already a prime video app on the stick, but that's tied to the dummy UK account I have the stick registered to (so I can download the iPlayer etc). The prime account is on my wife's email, I'd rather not re-register the stick entirely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,779 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

was checking out a firestick last night, fully loaded, well impressed

Advertisement