Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OnePlus Nord

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Has anyone got Call Recording working on this phone yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Has anyone got Call Recording working on this phone yet?

Not allowed to have that in this country i thought

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Not allowed to have that in this country i thought
    Like e scooters :)

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Like e scooters :)

Well yeah but I recall this call recording feature as far back as the OnePlus 5 and it was available back then in the likes of India etc but in countries like uk and Ireland they disabled it altogether under some data protection law

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭td2008

rounders wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing connection issues with their Nord? I see two scenarios

1) In Chrome, search something and all you get back is a blank screen. If you refresh the screen it works

2) playing games and the game warns that the connect dropped.

Searching on community it seems to be a wide enough issue. No one knows though if it's software or hardware

Yes, seems to be a common problem :(
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/internet-connectivity-issue-on-mobile-data-tested-on-many-devices-please-fix-team-oneplus.1284418/

Also have issues using whatsapp web and the wifi - it will say the phone is not connected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭rounders

td2008 wrote: »
    Yes, seems to be a common problem :(
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/internet-connectivity-issue-on-mobile-data-tested-on-many-devices-please-fix-team-oneplus.1284418/

Also have issues using whatsapp web and the wifi - it will say the phone is not connected

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Also kinda confirms its software so I'll wait before sending it back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

rizzee wrote: »
    Got similar this morning (even when typing this message out had to close screen and go back in), keystrokes showing in keyboard but nothing typing.

Happened in Chrome/ WhatsApp / IG. Sometimes swiping to go back doesn't work too. Minimise the app and go back into it, works straight away. Apps are up to date and gave the phone a quick reset. Strange.

Update to above.
    Cleared Chromes cache and storage (was over 1GB, I couldn't believe it!) and working flawlessly the last 2 days. No issues with the rest too. Strange.

All good on Vodafone & 48 now. Build: AC2003_14_200901

Only July Security Patch (no updates yet) and on Oxygen OS 10.5.7.AC01BA

What network/build are you on?

I'm hopeful Oxygen11 will resolve a lot of these bugs in the next few weeks.

Update to above.
    Cleared Chromes cache and storage (was over 1GB, I couldn't believe it!) and working flawlessly the last 2 days. No issues with the rest too. Strange.

All good on Vodafone & 48 now. Build: AC2003_14_200901

Only July Security Patch (no updates yet) and on Oxygen OS 10.5.7.AC01BA

What network/build are you on?

I'm hopeful Oxygen11 will resolve a lot of these bugs in the next few weeks.

Cleared Cache and Storage late last week for Chrome and it worked for a bit but back to square one now and starting to see it on more apps.

Used the Parkingtag app this morning and it popped up with a network error. Worth noting, any time I get this error, I actually do still have signal bars and 4G most of the time.

On GoMo so Eir network infrastructure. Same network as when I was on Oneplus5 and it was fantastic :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What's the speaker like on the Oneplus Nord?

What's the speaker like on the Oneplus Nord?

Pretty basic down firing speaker. Not the best I've had on a phone, but it does the job.

• Advertisement

10.5.8 downloading now.

10.5.8 downloading now.

Can confirm the new update didn't fix the network issue we discussed. Installed the update and got the same issue 5 mins later

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Can confirm the new update didn't fix the network issue we discussed. Installed the update and got the same issue 5 mins later

Almost pulled the trigger on this phone until I read the last few pages on the thread. This certainly is a show stopper for me.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Almost pulled the trigger on this phone until I read the last few pages on the thread. This certainly is a show stopper for me.

I left it too late as well to return the phone cause I trusted OnePlus to fix it swiftly. This is my 3rd OnePlus phone but the first one to actually have any issues with

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Kamu

I've had none of the issues discussed in the thread so far. I must have been lucky, though I have already cracked the screen....

I wouldn't classify them as issues, this was all reported (about 5G being implemented at a later stage with an update) before the phones release. If anything should be complained about, I think its the uncertain timeline for this release to happen. Its less than 2 months since the phones release, I reckon Oxygen 11 will be a huge update and will include it (purely my own thoughts). On another note, I'm on 48 (€7.99/month) and hitting 50-70 download speeds so cannot complain about speeds!

Hope yous get sorted soon.

Sandstone back Nord being released this Wednesday, alongside the 8T

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Has the 7 reduced in price much since the Nord and recently released 8T came out?

Edit. Probably doesn't support 5g so it's probably not a runner anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭td2008

I've yet to try a factory reset so will do that this weekend and see.
    The one plus 8 is cheap today on amazon prime if anyone's looking

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OnePlus-SIM-Free-Smartphone-Triple-Glacial/dp/B085YVQJKQ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=oneplus+8&qid=1602584838&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

How good is the camera on the Nord? Does it start up and take images quickly? What is the quality like in comparison to (for example) Pixel 3a/4a. Still using my Oneplus X, but by the time I open the camera app, my son has stopped doing the hilarious thing I was trying to capture.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Just saw that Carl Pei has departed OnePlus and is starting a new venture. He had been heading up the launch of the Nord in the US apparently.

https://www.androidauthority.com/carl-pei-oneplus-1167325/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Just saw that Carl Pei has departed OnePlus and is starting a new venture. He had been heading up the launch of the Nord in the US apparently.

https://www.androidauthority.com/carl-pei-oneplus-1167325/

They should re-brand OnePlus MinusOne ;)

Sold my Nord (got the money back) as I have my eye on the 8T now. Going to wait until black Friday to see if there are any free buds deal (missed out on the pop up box by a day or two!). If there's no special offers Id be happy enough to get a Nord again. Great phones

Sold my Nord (got the money back) as I have my eye on the 8T now. Going to wait until black Friday to see if there are any free buds deal (missed out on the pop up box by a day or two!). If there's no special offers Id be happy enough to get a Nord again. Great phones

Did you just sell it on done deal or something?

Did you just sell it on done deal or something?

Family member.

Had it on Adverts for a day or two but no offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Technique

€320 now on Ali Express. It's from the official OnePlus store and ships from France with UK plug and 3 day delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I just bought the Grey Ash 12GB version from OnePlus.
    Can't wait to get it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Was the network issue ever resolved?

septicsac wrote: »
    Was the network issue ever resolved?

I'm still experiencing it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Technique wrote: »
    €320 now on Ali Express. It's from the official OnePlus store and ships from France with UK plug and 3 day delivery.

Link?

Advertisement