Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington - 3 Time Major Winner/Ryder Cup Captain/US Senior Open Champion 2022!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

Driving and iron play is top drawer, if he gets shot putter in a week could def win this year again. Honda next week again?

"Hot" putter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

I must say I am very encouraged by Paddy's start to the season. It has been very solid apart from the missed cut after his very good performance at that champions tournament at the start. For me what I find most encouraging is that 2 weeks in a row now he's made the cut but not only that, he's made a move in the 3rd round (moving day). If my overview of his performance last year is anything to go by, apart from the British open, he didn't really do well in any 3rd round when he made the cut. Often he'd lose ground and other times he'd just hold his position, usually after only scraping in anyway. I put that down to his inability to finish strongly more frequently. Reading between the lines of a couple of quotes, he finds it hard to focus if he doesn't have much to play for so when he doesn't progress in the 3rd round, I suspect it makes it harder for him to motivate himself to finish strongly. Just my opinion.

Now in saying that, he was in a good position last week after a good 3rd round and it didn't work out for him. But, again, encouragingly he has bounced back and given himself another shot at a good finishing position. Looking at the leaderboard, he's clearly too far back to be in the mix come the back nine but a top 10 is not beyond him. I think he'll have to play equally well to manager that though. -9 is T10 at the moment so he has a lot of ground to make up unless those ahead struggle. For me, another move up the leaderboard, where ever that leads him will be a big step in the right direction.

On an aside, I'm based 3 hours ahead of GMT so he's playing even later than normal for me. Its ruining my sleep as I keep waking to see how's he's getting on!! arrggg!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

What I like most about his recent rounds is that there have been no disasters - no doubles, no spraying of drives all over the place. And his putting is going well too. That was a great round yesterday, and I'll be very happy if he can put in a solid round this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Hate to say I told you so but I did
    Good man Paddy...

He's like postman pat.... Always delivers.

Back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Good start to the day. Birdie, par. -7 overall.

Ruu wrote: »
    Good start to the day. Birdie, par. -7 overall.

I think he said himself that it is the easiest birdie chance on the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Pity he's dropped a shot since

Mushy wrote: »
    Pity he's dropped a shot since

He can't afford to do that - everyone seems to be shooting low today.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

vienne86 wrote: »
    He can't afford to do that - everyone seems to be shooting low today.

He's dropped more anyway.

• Advertisement

OMG a 7 on the par 4 7th. What on earth happened there? :eek:

Ah jaysus,that's all yesterday's good work gone.......I think we were all too quick to proclaim his return....still going in the right direction as far as I'm concerned, progress might be a bit more gradual that yesterday's performance might have suggested though!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Look at shot tracker and see what he done. Paddy's usual Sunday meltdown. A 22 handicapper wouldn't have done what he done on 7 . Seems like when he makes one error In a round he just can't forget the bad shot then loses focus and anything can happen

I should have kept my bloody mouth shut last night instead of extolling the virtues of yesterday's round. All the good work undone. So so disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Car crash stuff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Car crash stuff :(

Paddy's Sunday Scenic Route again:(

Yet another bogey on 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,611 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

It is fine - he just had a bad day - it happens.

Rory is having a poor day too.

It is the general trend you look at in golf when on the up - he is on the up.

No point peeking too early in the season.

Build it slow for the majors.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,611 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

E
    ForeRight wrote: »
    No point peeking too early in the season.

Build it slow for the majors.

Bit like Rory's pecs. ;)

Nice to see you back ForeRight.

• Advertisement

Such a pity about yesterday's round. Lost him a few places in the rankings. Anyway it's the Honda this week! :D

It is fine - he just had a bad day - it happens.

Rory is having a poor day too.

It is the general trend you look at in golf when on the up - he is on the up.

And spiedt and Garcia didn't even make the close or come close....one hole cost him a decent finish but its a long way from where he has been in terms of missing cut after cut....definitely heading in the right direction....

One disaster on 7, apart from that was pretty solid for the week and gained almost a shot a round on putting stats which is the most encouraging thing. Wind to blow Thurs/ Fri @Honda should suit hopefully.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

He doesn't bull**** around the truth anyway, a rare one in a sports star these days.

Has he withdrawn from the Honda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

ForeRight wrote: »
    Has he withdrawn from the Honda?

Just from the Pro-Am.. getting his back worked on apparently.

Vintage Harrington roller coaster stuff at the moment....flirting with the cut for the rest of the round id say but so far a great comeback to be in that position after a horrible start....

Unreal play from Harrington +6 after 2 and then fires 5 birdies in the next 7! Now flirting with the top 25 but who knows we're he will end up in the next 2 hours, great viewing on the red button all the same.

• Advertisement

Unreal play from Harrington +6 after 2 and then fires 5 birdies in the next 7! Now flirting with the top 25 but who knows we're he will end up in the next 2 hours, great viewing on the red button all the same.

And there in lies the problem sometimes, you never know where he'll end up!its savage stuff so far and if he can play solid for the rest of the round and avoid the big figures then he'll be comfortably through to the weekend! Fingers crossed!

Advertisement