Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LongshotValue 40 bets 1 year

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

aidankkk wrote:
    Hopefully we can draw a line under my huge gaff 3:35 Cheltenham I keep looking at this race coming to the same horse. Ex Patriot really has the look of a strong stayer, has some fairly eye-popping form already this year over shorter and will act on the ground. I think he will probably improve for the step up in trip. Even forgetting all that on actual ratings now he has very little to find with most of these. We also have to throw on a very good run last year in the Triumph Hurdle. 33/1 looks a fair few points too big. I normally wouldn’t go EW in this type of race but he is very consistent and will handle course and ground. He’s a 20/1 shot at most here.

Couldn't agree more. As you've said, has decent form both this year and last, we know he handles track and he could easily be open to improvement for trip.

He's priced on the fact he comes from an unfashionable Irish stable but given the race is full of unknowns he's more than worth a bet.

He was less than 3l behind Killultagh Vic giving 4lbs lto but if it was the Mullins horse lining up tomorrow he'd be sub 8/1 so 33s Ex Patriot screams value.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

As Usual threads on here get derailed by grown up children. You're doing a great job Aidan. Numbers speak for themselves. Naysayers pi$$ off.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    As Usual threads on here get derailed by grown up children. You're doing a great job Aidan. Numbers speak for themselves. Naysayers pi$$ off.

Agreed. This is good information. Anyone splitting hairs over going a nosejob on a 33/1 rank outsider rather than EW needs to revise their betting strategy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

aidankkk wrote: »
    Hopefully we can draw a line under my huge gaff :rolleyes:

3:35 Cheltenham

I keep looking at this race coming to the same horse. Ex Patriot really has the look of a strong stayer, has some fairly eye-popping form already this year over shorter and will act on the ground. I think he will probably improve for the step up in trip. Even forgetting all that on actual ratings now he has very little to find with most of these. We also have to throw on a very good run last year in the Triumph Hurdle. 33/1 looks a fair few points too big. I normally wouldn’t go EW in this type of race but he is very consistent and will handle course and ground. He’s a 20/1 shot at most here.

2 Points EW 33/1 ¼ place 365 1/5th betfair/sun/paddy/boyles

I’m following you on this price looks huge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Peckham

Thanks. Stumbled across this thread and backed at 25/1. Hopefully it's one of your successful tips!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Fair play once again Aidan, as mentioned before me one of the best threads on boards.ie having followed for quite some time.

Don't need the negativity from the above poster! :D

Negativity? Come off it you gob****e i made a valid point there wasnt any negativity.

Good luck today aidan keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Hereford 15:40
    Firebird Flyer was just getting involved for us last time out in the Welsh National and ran reasonably well the time before. He shouldn’t be far away here if he is on a going day. 40/1 is very big in this race.
    2 Points EW 40/1 sky/betfair/paddy/stan/vc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Hereford 15:40
    Firebird Flyer was just getting involved for us last time out in the Welsh National and ran reasonably well the time before. He shouldn’t be far away here if he is on a going day. 40/1 is very big in this race.
    2 Points EW 40/1 sky/betfair/paddy/stan/vc

Had high hopes as that horse brought me lots of luck previously :( not to be today unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

This Tread is now over after 100 bets. From just doing a quick to it looks poor enough at a 15 point profit.

Serious downturn at the start and finish.

I meant this to last a year and only have 40 bets which didn't work.

I hope to drastically reduce the number of bets from now on. If i look at the figures and bets for the last year, i really have to stick to the biggest races. Nearly all the big winners come in the best races (which is more fun obviously).

This the 12 of these treads on boards and 11 have made a profit. (just)

Ill be doing annual 2017 figures shortly and i'm not sure what way it will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭ballyargus

A pity. Thanks for the ride Aidan. Has been good fun. I look forward to your next set of picks.

• Advertisement

Thanks Aidan. I always enjoy your analysis and reasoning.

Ive had some memorable afternoons courtesy of your picks. Season highlights for me Wings of eagles and Splash of Ginge!!

Hopefully the new thread starts soon.....or maybe an antepost Cheltenham handicap yankee (wink wink nudge nudge) :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

TheTorment wrote: »
    Thanks Aidan. I always enjoy your analysis and reasoning.

Ive had some memorable afternoons courtesy of your picks. Season highlights for me Wings of eagles and Splash of Ginge!!

Hopefully the new thread starts soon.....or maybe an antepost Cheltenham handicap yankee (wink wink nudge nudge) :)

Hah splash of ginge! That was great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Dipped in and out of this but I am going to be far more disciplined in following amd keeping the point system strict. Still and all I have seen a nice few bob out of it. Thanks, Aidan. Havent been doing much on the horses myself in the last while so was good to keep the interest simmering at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Fantastic read as always Aidan

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

This Tread is now over after 100 bets. From just doing a quick to it looks poor enough at a 15 point profit.

Serious downturn at the start and finish.

I meant this to last a year and only have 40 bets which didn't work.

I hope to drastically reduce the number of bets from now on. If i look at the figures and bets for the last year, i really have to stick to the biggest races. Nearly all the big winners come in the best races (which is more fun obviously).

This the 12 of these treads on boards and 11 have made a profit. (just)

Ill be doing annual 2017 figures shortly and i'm not sure what way it will go.

Always a great thread and I wouldn't bother posting the results as they speak for themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Thanks Aidan, been very enjoyable. Can’t wait for the new thread

Advertisement