Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

• 07-09-2017 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭
    Snarky Snark Snark

Roll Up Roll Up Roll Up!!!

Tickets went on sale Friday morning bright and early.

The starting gun has fired.

There are 357 sleeps till the next EP :D

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ON WHAT TO BRING

Mr. MJohnstons Stylish And Tasty Graphical Listing
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104492364&postcount=6955

Mr. MJohnstons Proper Map Of The Site
    https://goo.gl/svXPA6
    Note : Given the only thing that's shifted over the last few years has been the family camping, it's a fair bet that all campsites and amenities will be roughly in the same location.

My Essay Of Stuffs
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103125258&postcount=3126

=========
    Additional Questions
    Q - Do I pay extra for posh camping (Pink Moon etc)?
    A - Yes, these are separate companies providing services on site, you book for them through their websites.

Q - Can I bring my own tent/gazebo/family into the posh camping sites?
    A - No.

Q - How do I camp in ECO Camping?
    A - Keep an eye on the EP website and also their e-mail shoots, they are by registration only and usually open for registration around or after the first act announcement

Q - Which camp site is quiet?
    A - Joplin / Chaplin / ECO / Boutiques are much quieter than Hendrix and Wilde.

Q - What sort of tent should I bring?
    A - Get one suitable to the size of the number of people in it.
    Do remember though that a two person tent also has to hold their gear and beer for the weekend along with two people so try to get a tent one person bigger than the party staying in it.
    For weather protection, aim to have a tent with a hydrostatic head of at least 2000mm (higher is better)

Q - Can I camp in ECO / normal sites with a family camping ticket?
    A - Yes, but please try and swap with some one looking for a family ticket, they are in very short supply and you'll make someones year.
    Do this via Toutless

Q - Will there be more family / campervan / non-standard tickets on release?
    A - No, these are of limited supply and usually sell out within the first few days of ticket release.
    If you've missed them then please keep your eyes on Toutless to try and pick up one at cost price.
    Note : For family camping, you MUST pre-register your younglings.
    Failure to do so will likely result in them being placed on donedeal where you will not recoup your investment in them.

Q - Can I camp with a Sunday only ticket?
    A - You're not supposed to.

Q - When will the Sunday tickets be released?
    A - Around the time of the main announcement. These are of limited supply.

Q - What beers are available in the arena?
    A - Heineken currently have the contract for bars in the arena so it's their brands only which are on sale.
    You can BYOB ONLY after the arena bars close at night time.
    There is no restriction however around having your own beer at the stages outside the main arena such as The Salty Dog.

Q - Is there an off-licence in the camp sites?
    A - Yes, there's one you can pre-order from which takes orders in the weeks running up to the event or you can walk into Stradbally

Q - Are there showers / toilets in the camp sites?
    A - Yes

Q - Are there lockers / secure storage in the camp sites?
    A - Yes, there's a company that runs them and they can be booked via the EP Website.

Q - Can I bring in spirits?
    A - To the campsites, yes, but they must be in a non-glass container.

Q - Where should I park?
    A - Unless you're early/lucky, you will not be parking in Green. Green was designated for day parking in 2017.
    Most people will be directed to Red.

Q - Can I charge my phone there?
    A - There are some phone charging stations, see EP website for details but you're likely better off bringing your own battery pack

Q - What's the best type of battery pack?
    A - There are many brands and sizes, aim for 10,000 mAH or higher.
    Note : If somewhere is selling them for a fiver and there's no rating on it, do not buy it.
    Most smart phones have batteries in the 2,500 - 3,000 mAH range so that tells you how many charges you will get in a best case scenario.
    You cannot buy from Amazon as they will not ship to here, start looking for these at least 1 month in advance of the festival

Q - Can I bring a bag into the arena?
    A - Yes, but as of 2017, the queues into the arena were segregated by security depending on the size of your bag.
    Even if you have a small bag, you are likely to be searched. Not having a bag does not guarantee not being searched

Q - When will the stage times / days be announced
    A - Dates and stage times are not normally released until the week leading up to the event though some acts may pre-announce this on their own.

Q - Will anywhere being showing "insert name of sporting event here"
    A - Possibly the Newstalk tent in Mindfield or your best bet is a pub in Stradbally

Q - Why is the line up crap?
    A - Because you are a child.

Q - What's the long term weather forecast?
    A - There will be weather. No semi accurate forecast worth a damn is available until about a week leading up to it with properly accurate forecasts in the days leading up. All that we know is that snow is unlikely and a tornado would be rare.
    Anyone claiming otherwise is either a fibber or too busy poking round in chicken entrails to seek aid with their delusions.

Note : Most questions that get asked every year can be answered with a quick visit to official EP Pages such as https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/camping.
    Hopefully this missive will cut down on the main FAQs and allow us to bitch at each other over our respective musical tastes and judge real hard at the bukeface whingers in a more productive manner.

If anyone can think of the other questions that keep popping up then PM me and I'll add them in here for as long as i've editing rights on the post.

No questions on R-Word will be entertained and will be met with a swift and harsh (but fair) paddlin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

3403686.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

youre obviously still a bit shook :D go to bed!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

roll up roll up

Tickets go on sale Friday morning bright and early.

There are 358 sleeps till the next EP:D

FECK!!!! can a kind mod please edit the thread title
    ?

Think you can edit it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Bahahaha. What a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭kg703

How have we come and gone and onto a new thread waiting another year for the next EP :(

My depression has only officially kicked in now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MS291988

signed up for the loyalty ticket discount code but says will take 5 working days

tickets are on sale 2mro tho

bit confused what to do ?

wait and use the discount code for the loyalty tickets

or pay full whack?

ive bene at the last 4 EPs :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

kg703 wrote: »
    How have we come and gone and onto a new thread waiting another year for the next EP :(

My depression has only officially kicked in now

One EP a year is not enough :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I've been to loads of picnics and they sent me the 2 picnic discount code instead of the 3 picnic one. Last year I automatically got the 3 picnic discount code....

One EP a year is not enough :(

My quality of work over the past two weeks suggests that it has to be :pac:

Im the same, didnt get my code so waiting now - will wait it out. Question as I can't remember from previous years - I always buy 2 tickets - do I need two separate codes?

Im assuming if I want a third ticket Ive to pay full price which is fine. It's my nephews 18th today and he wants money towards an EP ticket. I debated it seeing as what the kids are like down there but he'll be nearly 19 at that point, no stopping him.

Just gonna give him the ticket with a list of rules attached:

Rule 1: If you see me at any point over the weekend, ignore me. Don't approach me or speak to me.

My quality of work over the past two weeks suggests that it has to be :pac:

Im the same, didnt get my code so waiting now - will wait it out. Question as I can't remember from previous years - I always buy 2 tickets - do I need two separate codes?

Im assuming if I want a third ticket Ive to pay full price which is fine. It's my nephews 18th today and he wants money towards an EP ticket. I debated it seeing as what the kids are like down there but he'll be nearly 19 at that point, no stopping him.

Just gonna give him the ticket with a list of rules attached:

Rule 1: If you see me at any point over the weekend, ignore me. Don't approach me or speak to me.

if you dont have the code for 2mro , will you have to pay in full ? or you gonna wait?

im in same boat bit nervous about waiting

• Advertisement

MS291988 wrote: »
    if you dont have the code for 2mro , will you have to pay in full ? or you gonna wait?

im in same boat bit nervous about waiting

I'm gonna wait and if I don't get tickets I'll be onto ticketmaster to complain uintil they let me buy them. It's a bit silly that:

a) You have to be signed up for their stupid marketing emails to receive the code.
    b)If that is the case, fine, give a couple of weeks warning so people can turn their yoke on.
    c)Why not send out these codes 2-3 weeks prior to the tickets on sale rather than 2 days and then have hundreds of angry people not receiving codes/correct codes calling, emailing, texting etc.

I'm more worried about not being able to buy 2 tickets to be honest. I'll buy the third 'full price'

b)If that is the case, fine, give a couple of weeks warning so people can turn their yoke on.

They sort of did tbf - I've an email from August 29th that says:
    2018 LOYALTY SCHEME
    Remember- You must be signed up to receive Ticketmaster offers in order to be eligible to receive loyalty codes by email for future Electric Picnic events.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Can we pleeeeeease pin a list of the most repetitive questions (and answers) to the start of the thread. Head wrecking last few years. they will prob still ask I suppose :/

Yes, scruff monkey, it'd be great if you could edit and post a link to your packing guide (or mine!) and my aerial map, in your original post, hopefully it'll cut down on those questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

Right, I have a loyalty code for 3 or more but I am not going next year, have already got tickets for body and soul next year, is that code of any use to anyone else or is just connected to my email address etc, if I decide to return year after next what happens, am I back to square one ect etc, if it saves someone a few bob I am happy to give the code away.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Boutique camping going on sale tomorrow too? Can't find information anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Right, I have a loyalty code for 3 or more but I am not going next year, have already got tickets for body and soul next year, is that code of any use to anyone else or is just connected to my email address etc, if I decide to return year after next what happens, am I back to square one ect etc, if it saves someone a few bob I am happy to give the code away.

Id love this code if it works out. Im waiting on my code. Have applied but could have to wait 5 days! So annoying as have been last 4 years and think I have everything turned on but havent even got a 2+ code yet! As far as I know you can go back any time and get a 3+ code even if you skip a few years. Wait til someone else confirms tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

I'd take it off your hands. I've been to 3 and worked at 1 but can only prove two :( but yeah once you have history of three you can get 3+ code each year you don't start again

how long did it take to get the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Dibble

roll up roll up

Tickets go on sale Friday morning bright and early.

There are 358 sleeps till the next EP:D

FECK!!!! can a kind mod please edit the thread title?

(sorted, had to use advanced edit to change title)

Thanks for setting up the new thread Scruff. The EP thread is easily my favourite on Boards. Best of luck tomorrow to everyone looking for tickets, caravan & campervan passes :)

• Advertisement

MJohnston wrote: »
    They sort of did tbf - I've an email from August 29th that says:
    2018 LOYALTY SCHEME
    Remember- You must be signed up to receive Ticketmaster offers in order to be eligible to receive loyalty codes by email for future Electric Picnic events.

I didnt get that - I think you had to be signed up to the mailing list to get that one to begin with :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Been to 9 eps total , the last 5 straight , all my ticket master notification things are on

No code , so who do I email to beg for one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

MJohnston wrote: »
    Yes, scruff monkey, it'd be great if you could edit and post a link to your packing guide (or mine!) and my aerial map, in your original post, hopefully it'll cut down on those questions!

done, shout if it's inappropriate to link directly to twitter map and i'll change it

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Dibble

Been to 9 eps total , the last 5 straight , all my ticket master notification things are on

No code , so who do I email to beg for one ?

Info here: https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/ticket-info/how-claim-your-loyalty-ticket-discount-code

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

gandalfio wrote: »
    Boutique camping going on sale tomorrow too? Can't find information anywhere

got a mail from Pink Moon about theirs, assume the others would be doing the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

Applied late last night for a 2 year or less code and just got it a few minutes ago. Only showed a picture of me there, and a selfie of me holding up the wristband with my work name badge visible.

Just got my code there - I put in application this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

I was panicking earlier when didnt get one . But when I got a free minute there in work I just rang Ticketmaster , gave the guy my email address linked to my TM account , he had a quick look at my order history seeing I've bought EP ticks loads of times n gave me the code over the phone

No arsing round with filling in forms online n sweating for 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Higgeldy

Presenting for duty front and centre!

Not even unpacked from last weekend , but loyalty code arrived 8pm last night, and going to book Pink Moon next year I think...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I was panicking earlier when didnt get one . But when I got a free minute there in work I just rang Ticketmaster , gave the guy my email address linked to my TM account , he had a quick look at my order history seeing I've bought EP ticks loads of times n gave me the code over the phone

No arsing round with filling in forms online n sweating for 24 hours
    Same. Got code for 2 or less yesterday, rang this evening, they had quick look in my ticketmaster archive to confirm I've been lots and gave me new code over phone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement