Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Here’s the headlines possibly coming this week in order to distract from Maria

Young moron head of FG brainwash department of de yoof on a free holiday : mission to Israel.

https://www.thephoenix.ie/2019/06/young-fgs-israeli-plug/?fbclid=IwAR2lxAhX8yiAG6DEVI2Ad3EY8EbJalFQbPeCU5Gv7SVw2lnWlQEfI600Aco

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭Sajid Javid

The pub?
    Why would I go there and listen to a load of drunk idiots blaming da gubberment because they’re loosers and dipsos and pissed away their life.]

I frequent certain public houses for the shots not the alcohol shots but the ear and eye shots the things you hear and see not that I would believe anything because well its all just so fooked up and like you say dipsos and loosers.
    Last week in the pub I heard a woman got a bit of a hiding a few years back and another woman planned and executed a cover up which involved a swing and some plasters because the other woman had a swollen Jaw and other things that needed to be explained away then I heard the woman that done the cover up was a lawyer and used CC as leverage to get the big job in the gubberment but its not enough for her she wants a bigger job justice or finance. I got a pain in my tits after a while so I went for a curry and told Raj what I heard and he said that he was in another pub and he heard the woman that planned the cover up is demanding the finance job not that she wants it but because she needs it apparently his mate Ajat told him that when he was in his local he heard there is a gang over from Belgium and they are looking for the Lawyer woman and her Brother and CC was not close circuit kinda video stuff but something called client confidentiality, apparently CC is very important but Agi his mate a proper dipso said the woman is so afraid of the KBC gang that she couldn't give a Pakistani rats arse (now that a big arse) about anybody or anything anymore and is pissed because they all helped swollen Jaw woman but wont help her when she is the one under attack Aji heard in the pub that a shrink has got involved in order to state that swollen jaw woman was simply mad at the time and has less brains that an onion bhaji.
    On the way home I stopped off for a piss in a gastro bar near the canal a stranger said to me I hope your not gonna start I had enough of the other fella
    getting sick and crying about his leaking cabinet and blackmail, he must of thought I knew the other chap. I listened to this dipso for ages even bought him drink he told me he was going into the internet business something called Madi wine lake and needed investment so him and his family could camp up in the old glass bottle site and be near the action.Anyway after 4 hrs 4 miwadis 1 balti chicken 2 luas fares and 4 ciders for the Traveler man I went home and told the wife everything I heard because I thought she would be interested, no no no I should have gone to the hairdresser the hairdressers know all the names and are more up to date also its cheaper.
    Anyway Anitia reckons the story she heard is really bad for the gubberment if it is only 50% true and is at a loss to understand why the Leader of Ireland is staying schtum as this is only gonna get worse in her opinion .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,488 ✭✭✭Villa05

It's not "an achievement" - it's the cost of the thing; no more and no less.

What in the name of God is so difficult for so many Boards.ie posters to understand about this simple and self-evident fact?

What do you mean no more no less. Leo said much the same thing at 650 million including contingencies .

It is the cost of the hospital plus the cost of incompetence of those planning and driving it. More taxpayers money wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Leo bubble has burst:

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2019/0615/1055557-opinion-poll/

He's been a disaster for them really. You can't run a country based on the principle that the little people don't understand the big problems - the smart guys in the sharp suits are running things. Don't be bothering your little pixie heads about things like the housing crisis or insurance, it's beyond your comprehension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Yurt! wrote: »
    Leo bubble has burst:

He's been a disaster for them really. You can't run a country based on the principle that the little people don't understand the big problems - the smart guys in the sharp suits are running things. Don't be bothering your little pixie heads about things like the housing crisis or insurance, it's beyond your comprehension.

Well going on the fact that one of their loyalists on here has said that they won't vote for them over the acceptance within the the party of the "clumsy claimer" Bailey, its absolutely no surprise that ordinary voters will abandon them when they see that Bailey and Farrell are still on "the team".

Their complete incompetent with the children's hospital which will make generations of sick children's lives and that of their parents harder than they need to be.

The same generation of people who won't be able to afford to own a home because due to FG housing policy they are forced to compete against major vulture/cuckoo funds and their own government to buy on the "free market".

And all this as we speed headlong into a pensions crysis. So we are sending a generation of our young people into a lifetime of renting a home that they will likely not be able to to afford to stay in after they retire.

Im sure FG will task some of the spin doctors from Leo's (propaganda) Strategic Communications Unit to rebrand the "work house" into a solution to the problem. Direct provision for our seniors.

Maybe we should all be encouraging our kids to be bringing dodgy claims à lá Fine Gael so that they can afford the private health insurance they will need to access the health service and privately owned housing that will be rented to them at the highest cost possible.

Or maybe we, the people actually want something else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Well going on the fact that one of their loyalists on here has said that they won't vote for them over the acceptance within the the party of the "clumsy claimer" Bailey, its absolutely no surprise that ordinary voters will abandon them when they see that Bailey and Farrell are still on "the team".

Their complete incompetent with the children's hospital which will make generations of sick children's lives and that of their parents harder than they need to be.

The same generation of people who won't be able to afford to own a home because due to FG housing policy they are forced to compete against major vulture/cuckoo funds and their own government to buy on the "free market".

And all this as we speed headlong into a pensions crysis. So we are sending a generation of our young people into a lifetime of renting a home that they will likely not be able to to afford to stay in after they retire.

Im sure FG will task some of the spin doctors from Leo's (propaganda) Strategic Communications Unit to rebrand the "work house" into a solution to the problem. Direct provision for our seniors.

Maybe we should all be encouraging our kids to be bringing dodgy claims à lá Fine Gael so that they can afford the private health insurance they will need to access the health service and privately owned housing that will be rented to them at the highest cost possible.

Fair enough.

You think FF can give you that something else?

Fair enough.

My prediction: the combined vote and seat share of FG & FF will drop to an all time low in the next election.

It's not written into the constitution that we have to vote FF & FG you know.

My prediction: the combined vote and seat share of FG & FF will drop to an all time low in the next election.

I know.

But it looks like FF will be back in power.

That’s why I’m asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭golfball37

You have to remember the grassroots of FG wanted Coveney as leader not the empty vessel Leo. I know a lot of low key activists locally through gaa and the likes and they in no way endorse or even like Varadkar from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Leo won't give a sh1t, leo will have himself a job lined up in either the private end of the new and most expensive children's hospital in the entire universe (won't have to deal with the sick children of working class scammers) / as a teaboy for BoJos up and coming Thatcher lite Tory party, of if things get really, really bad - I forsee s bright future in D15 for him as castleknocks new massage parlour owner.
    I can just imagine the signage.

"CKnocking shop" massaging of figures our speciality. No happy endings provided.

• Advertisement

golfball37 wrote: »
    You have to remember the grassroots of FG wanted Coveney as leader not the empty vessel Leo. I know a lot of low key activists locally through gaa and the likes and they in no way endorse or even like Varadkar from what I can see.

On the grapevine, I've heard local FG reps saying they don't want Eoghan Murphy anywhere near their constituencies doing photo-ops /appearances/ribbon cuttings. He's regarded as toxic outside of his cosy south Dublin confines.

On the grapevine, I've heard local FG reps saying they don't want Eoghan Murphy anywhere near their constituencies doing photo-ops /appearances/ribbon cuttings. He's regarded as toxic outside of his cosy south Dublin confines.

Heard similar about that waste of oxygen and space Simon Harris.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AbdulAbhaile

Leo bubble has burst:

This is why they have lost me as a voter. I would be a believer in a lot of what they say, it convinced me to give them a number 1 in the last twe general elections, but their actions have lost me.

The 3 things that are import in my life, affordable health service, housing and education, all essential things for my kids and grand kids to have a decent lifr are getting worse under FG and they have been there long enough now with enough resources to at least have started to improve things.

I don't think FF are the answer but FG are most definitely the problem at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭wetlandsboy

So, what’s the wonderful alternative? S.F./IRA or the Healy-Raes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

They lost me a voter too. A curse on all the politicians houses, all they want to do at the end of the day is look after themselves. Arguably the worst bunch of politicians in the world at the moment, closely followed by the British.

Yes, because that's what I'm advocating, and they're the only alternatives you'll see on the ballot paper.

Fair enough.

I'd say going with your local independent would be the sensible way to vote at the moment.

At least their constituents get something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭golfball37

His local rival Kate bad mouths him all the time I’ve heard too.

I actually don't mind Kate, she seems to enjoy the ability to generate independent thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭mattser

Yes, because that's what I'm advocating, and they're the only alternatives you'll see on the ballot paper.

:D:D What a thread.
    In other news.........the Colosseum has been temporarily closed due to health and safety concerns.

• Advertisement

Isn't it mad that FG have made them seem like reasonable alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Fair enough.

So you're not voting FG or FF, who will it be for you? Renua? Peter Casey?

I heard similar, she cant stand Eoghan Murphy. She backed Simon Coveney in the leadership race and Murphy backed Varadkar so it must hurt seeing an incompetent like Murphy get promoted beyond his ability.

Anyway that opinion poll for FG is a shocker. In under 18 months they have gone from a 10% point lead over FF to now being 5% behind them. Its starting to feel like the end days of FF all over again with scandal upon scandal making voters flock away from FG and actually making FF look electable. That is some achievement by Varadkar.

And its all justified. Its pretty obvious now that he doesn't have the balls to deal with Maria Bailey. He is sending a clear message to the electorate that he is fine with insurance fraud within his own party.

mattser wrote: »
    :D:D What a thread.
    In other news.........the Colosseum has been temporarily closed due to health and safety concerns.

That actually seems more plausible than a FG TD wanting signage on how to safely operate a children's swing, or suing because she had no adult supervision on it.

Spinroom minions on overdrive now mattser....:D

Muahahaha wrote: »
    So you're not voting FG or FF, who will it be for you? Renua? Peter Casey?

I heard similar, she cant stand Eoghan Murphy. She backed Simon Coveney in the leadership race and Murphy backed Varadkar so it must hurt seeing an incompetent like Murphy get promoted beyond his ability.

Anyway that opinion poll for FG is a shocker. In under 18 months they have gone from a 10% point lead over FF to now being 5% behind them. Its starting to feel like the end days of FF all over again with scandal upon scandal making voters flock away from FG and actually making FF look electable. That is some achievement by Varadkar.

And its all justified. Its pretty obvious now that he doesn't have the balls to deal with Maria Bailey. He is sending a clear message to the electorate that he is fine with insurance fraud within his own party.

Independent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

smurgen wrote: »
    I thought you were done with the thread?

He's/she's been done about three times now. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Finally, a bit of backlash from the disenchanted and the disenfranchised:
    The Sunday Times/Behaviour & Attitudes poll shows the popularity of the Fine Gael party has fallen by five points to 23%.
    Leo Varadkar's satisfaction rating is at 39% (down 3%), so we are getting to the stage of almost 2/3 of the population are unhappy with him.

And the social welfare/open borders/anti-worker party Sinn Fein is down a whopping 7% to 12%.

How 'bout them apples?

Next GE you might just see the same arrangement we currently have just reversed with FG propping up FF.
    they’ve both made huge losses to independents etc but it’ll never not be one of them in Government I reckon. And that’s a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Pretty much. Enda and FG actually HAD probably the best chance we've had in DECADES to actually change how we do things in this country in 2011.

They could have instituted the reform, waste reduction and a genuine new approach as mandated by the electorate and the Troika at the time. It would still have been a tough few years for all, but we'd have had a better political system and country out of it.

Instead, it was merely their turn at the trough. It's for that (and all the other reasons I've listed above) that I consider them worse than FF.

Said it at the time but the recession was a blessing in disguise for this country. We had the chance at real reform (justice, welfare, housing, education etc..) which is why i gave FG my vote but it became apparent after a short time i had made a mistake and been conned.

What's more depressing is after years of FG failure their numbers are still pretty good despite the disaster they have presided over.

Scathing takedown of Leo and his Leadership. Such as it is. Well worth a read.

Leo Varadkar's heartlessness on medicinal cannabis question sums up his approach to leadership

‘There is no rule that says the leader of a country must be polite. Indeed, it would be ludicrous to expect a Taoiseach to be unfailingly courteous when dealing with members of the opposition.

What should be expected, or even demanded, is that the leader of a country be capable of compassion for the people he leads.‘

https://www.joe.ie/news/leo-varadkar-cannabis-672396

• Advertisement

What should be expected, or even demanded, is that the leader of a country be capable of compassion for the people he leads.‘

https://www.joe.ie/news/leo-varadkar-cannabis-672396

Tory levils of arrogance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement