Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Biden said that he was going to ensure that everyone had equal access to post Covid fundung. You said this was woke.

Either you disagree with him and don't think everyone shuold have equal access, or you agree with something you're trying to highligh as woke - which is it?

If you think it's misconstrued, then put the record straight.

if one was male white and struggling in the US, it would sound like Biden either assumes they have as much privilege as old rich white dudes like Biden or deserve to be back of the queue

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Biden said that he was going to ensure that everyone had equal access to post Covid fundung. You said this was woke.

Either you disagree with him and don't think everyone shuold have equal access, or you agree with something you're trying to highligh as woke - which is it?

If you think it's misconstrued, then put the record straight.

"Priority" to certain groups cannot go in the same sentence as "equal access" unless one has fully bought into the fraudulent narrative of "privilege".

Biden and the Democrats have been playing the race card and identity politics ever since Biden bounced back in the preliminaries last year.

Politics has turned the lofty ideal of equality into the ugly reality of resentments of other people's achievements — and a feeling that the world owes you something, while you owe nobody anything, not even common decency.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭whysobecause

https://www.euronews.com/2021/01/05/german-storms-to-be-given-more-diverse-names-after-online-campaign

“Germany has pledged to give storms more diverse names after an online initiative called for a better reflection of the multi-cultural makeup of German society.”
    I look forward to storm Muhammad bring floods and death and destruction.:rolleyes:

I look forward to storm Muhammad bring floods and death and destruction.:rolleyes:
    They'll create havoc, using the name of their god in vain how dare they!

Can you imagine all the Islamists complaining that a storm has been named after Muhammad!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Plus... how do you draw Storm Mohamed on a weather chart?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,980 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"Priority" to certain groups cannot go in the same sentence as "equal access" unless one has fully bought into the fraudulent narrative of "privilege".

Biden and the Democrats have been playing the race card and identity politics ever since Biden bounced back in the preliminaries last year.

Politics has turned the lofty ideal of equality into the ugly reality of resentments of other people's achievements — and a feeling that the world owes you something, while you owe nobody anything, not even common decency.

So.... You deliberatey misconsrtrue what Biden said.
    I explain it to you (see below)
    You accuse me of misconstruing you.
    Then you deliberately misconstrue waht Biden said in exactly the same way... for the second time...?

Pretty spurious to cut the quote in ooder to completely change the meaning! Here's the FULL quote again:

"Our priority will be Black, Latino, Asian, and Native American owned small businesses, women-owned businesses and finally having equal access to resources needed to reopen and rebuild."

Pretty obvious that his priority is the equality and not the business being the equality, but you knew that already.

The priority is not people - the priority is his intention.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,152 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Council is slammed for 'ridiculous and historical wokery' over plans to remove a statue of a British war hero – with official report claiming it 'impacts anybody who does not define themselves in binary gender terms'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9135913/Council-slammed-historical-wokery-plans-remove-statue-British-war-hero.html

the statue had attracted public debate in part due to references to colonial campaigns on its plinth which 'sought to advance British imperialist interests in other countries'.

An equality impact assessment read: 'The General Buller statue represents the patriarchal structures of empire and colonialism which impact negatively on women and anyone who does not define themselves in binary gender terms.

'The consultation will need to ensure that the views of women, transgender and non-binary people are captured and given due weight.' The impact assessment also noted the need to consult with minority ethnic groups on the statue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Might as well just get rid of every statue ever so, if the non-binary crowd are/could get offended...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Might as well just get rid of every statue ever so, if the non-binary crowd are/could get offended...

Well I do feel offended by or inferior to statues of angels and Greek deities, so...

If I was to look at statues like that, the only plus I'd have on them is that, as a male, I have bigger tits than some of the female ones.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

If I was to look at statues like that, the only plus I'd have on them is that, as a male, I have bigger tits than some of the female ones.

That Michaelangelo one makes you feel a tad inadequate I have to say!!!

Ban it!! 😀

I had to have a quick Google. The fecker is 5 meters tall! His flaccid knob is the same length as a short womans shin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

There was a "fig leaf campaign" in Medieval Europe to cover the nudity in historical artworks. Metal fig leaves nailed on statues or painted on paintings.
    Hundreds of years later Queen Victoria had a detachable fig leaf put on her plaster cast replica of David.
    Plus ca change...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Wonder will there be a demand from the un-busy-at-work woke crowd to have the Dublin Spire removed next? Because one of them thought it looked like a phallic symbol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

An equality impact assessment read: 'The General Buller statue represents the patriarchal structures of empire and colonialism which impact negatively on women and anyone who does not define themselves in binary gender terms.'

The historian interviewed notes the inconvenient truth that 'The lot of women was improved by the British Empire.'

The woke brigade seemingly operate under the assumption that pre-colonial societies were idylls of progressive equality, where everyone lived in gentle harmony, without violence, exploitation, or poverty — until the white male capitalist imperialist oppressors arrived to ruin it all.

But anyone who knows anything about pre-colonial Africa, as just one example, can appreciate this for the nonsense it is. Pre-colonial societies were extremely violent, gender norms were rigidly enforced, and they were not progressive or happy places for women or the gender fluid. The legal protections that people invoke today against violence and discrimination are largely products of the imperialism and colonialism that they deride.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭CarProblem

We're at the stage where some people are afraid to offend convicted criminals prison users

https://twitter.com/GuidoFawkes/status/1349342612323500032?s=20

Fuck me.........

CarProblem wrote: »
    We're at the stage where some people are afraid to offend convicted criminals prison users

Fuck me.........

Typo is annoying me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Would it be right to say that someone who is a frequent user abuses prisons?

Fuck me.........
    What's wrong with the word "prisoner"???? It's gender neutral already confused.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

dolanbaker wrote: »
    What's wrong with the word "prisoner"???? It's gender neutral already confused.png

So I assume that not all criminals are in prison, so therefore not all criminals are prisoners.

Now!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The indefinitely Incarcerated.

Labelling some prisoners in the UK as criminals is not technically correct either.

Any freedom fighters or politically motivated prisoners are not necessarily criminals?

"Prison Users" instead of "convicted criminals"? That's the reason why they are in prison; they were convicted.
    I think we have reached a new level of wokeness.
    The Labour Party in England is made up of a real bunch of woke loonies. A lot of them sound like they are on marijuana all the time ..... aka "Pot Users".

Titania's name rocks.
    Titania McGrath. She's a funny lass.
    Reminds me of this:

ErrXjizXYAATeth?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 32,980 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    The indefinitely Incarcerated.

Labelling some prisoners in the UK as criminals is not technically correct either.

Any freedom fighters or politically motivated prisoners are not necessarily criminals?

"Her majesty's guests."

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

An oldie but a goodie.

A grievance studies hoax perpetrated by 3 respected academics to expose woke culture within social science departments, in US universities, from where it has been steadily disseminating into the broader culture.

One of the hoax papers hypothesised that men should be trained similar to dogs to prevent them from becoming rapists ( which received positive peer approval )

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/hoax-papers-the-shoddy-absurd-and-unethical-side-of-academia-1.3655500

One of the three, James Lindsay, runs an excellent website countering the awfulness emanating from Critical Social Justice. The wokish encyclopedia is a particularly good resource for deciphering the ongoing assault on the English language.

https://newdiscourses.com/translations-from-the-wokish/

I wonder if Climate Science is suffering from the same poor standards?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Fuck me.........

It's worse that that.

I have been getting vibes off wokists that prison should be about rehabilitation, not punishment. And anyone who gets a sense of satisfaction from those being sent to prison need to 'check themselves'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Kivaro wrote: »
    "Prison Users" instead of "convicted criminals"? That's the reason why they are in prison; they were convicted.
    I think we have reached a new level of wokeness.
    The Labour Party in England is made up of a real bunch of woke loonies. A lot of them sound like they are on marijuana all the time ..... aka "Pot Users".

Dawn Butler Labour MP argued some years ago, live on air on BBC Politics show, I watched it live, that women should not be sent to prison in many cases. She argued that the crimes women were involved in were mostly conducted in association with men. Erm, sure, a man made me do it, had no personal vested interest myself.

Unsurprising I can't find a link to this on the BBC website. I'm regret I didn't record it.

• Advertisement

Our weekly Teams work chat has a bit at the end where we say what TV we’re watching.

I’m watching The Terror on RTE - loving in, dark though so far.

Got told “I saw the first one of that. I can’t believe it was made - no one of colour and an all male cast!!!”

I told her it was set on a exploration ship looking for the North West Passage in the 1840s. “So you’re saying no minorities could have done that ???”

You can’t win with these folks!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement