Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's your favourite takeaway meal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

A Thai green chicken curry is my absolute fave takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭LeBash

Salt and chilli spare ribs (on the bone) and a beef in black bean sauce with a mixed veg instead of rice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

I have a donor kebab recipe cooking away in the slow cooker may be as good as the local chipper which is one of my favourites along with chips, cheese and runny garlic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

A good curry cheese chips gives me sexual pleasure!!

Curry is amazing with almost anything but cheese is one of the things that should never go with curry, its like mixing curry and chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It’s a mood thing
    Lamb madras, pilau and naan.
    Love a good old chicken curry from the Chinese
    Cod and Chips but can be hit and miss depending on the batter.
    Local chipper does really good pizza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 meggiemegmeg

Thai green curry, veggie & cashew nut. Love it.
    And from the chipper-a hape of big, thick chips, loads of salt & vinegar. And tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

sundodger5 wrote: »
    As a genuine carbonsra has no cream in it that may be what they are getting at.

Eh... classic Italian carbonara is mostly cream. With ham, cheddar cheese, mushrooms, sweetcorn, peas etc... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭DFB BOY

Chipper is the only way i go

Flat Ray (When Available)next option Fresh Cod
    1/2 Pounder with cheese,bacon,onion,ketchup and mayo
    Cheese and Bacon chips
    Strawberry Milkshake
    If hungover get a Battered Burger or Spice Burger for snack before bed

Corvo wrote: »
    People who put curry sauce over a big plate of everything need sending to a gulag

I normally order a tub of curry to put over a chow mein. Very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Indian - Chicken tikka masala from Bombay Pantry.

Chinese - chicken fried rice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

Chinese-- 1/4 duck, rice, chips curry and chicken cheese rolls.

Italian-- penne arrabiata+ pepperoni pizza.

Chipper-- 1/4 pounder, garlic cheese chip, and a milkshake.

Indian-- chicken/lamb madras, pilau rice, cheese naan, chips, and can't forget the poppadoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Chipper: Haddock, chips, mushy peas
    Chinese: Chicken with scallions & ginger
    Indian: Lam rogan josh with naan bread
    Pizza: Veg supreme

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Cerveza wrote: »
    I have a donor kebab recipe cooking away in the slow cooker may be as good as the local chipper which is one of my favourites along with chips, cheese and runny garlic.

Recipe pleaeeeeasssee :)

Recipe pleaeeeeasssee :)

Yes. Want that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tony H

chicken chow mein , with chicken curry and fried rice , preceded by and accompanied by cold bottles of Heineken , haven't had it in years because of stomach issues (not caused by this kind of diet ) but I'd kill for one now from the old Yangtze River in Barrack Street in Cork (long closed) .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Chipper chips and batch loaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Eh... classic Italian carbonara is mostly cream. With ham, cheddar cheese, mushrooms, sweetcorn, peas etc... :rolleyes:

That's my all time favourite too.. sometimes I throw in a tub of sour cream to give it a more Italian edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

some poppadoms with mango dip.
    lamb jalfrezi / bhuna
    I do like mushroom rice but normally just get pulau as it comes with the main.
    and the most important part keema Naan, hands down the best naan in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,479 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Can’t understand the love for pizza.
    It’s not bad but it’s the kind of thing I’d be eating while I’m waiting on my dinner to cook.
    It’s not a meal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Plain cheeseburger and chips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

It’s not bad but it’s the kind of thing I’d be eating while I’m waiting on my dinner to cook.
    It’s not a meal to me.

What would you expect from a tayto lover :)?

It’s not a meal to me.

I always assumed I was the only one that thought that. You’d be stuffed after one but still feel like you hadn’t had your dinner yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Any takeaway is good for me as it's a night off cooking :D

However, the default here is Apache; usually the deal where you get a large pizza, chips, chicken dippers and garlic bread.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I live in London and haven't been home since Dec 2019 but I guarantee that one of the first things I do when I eventually come home for a visit is to get a breast in a bun with garlic & cheese chips. There's a place in my home town that is unreal, but the ultimate is Hillbilly's or John Graces in Cork city.

I convinced my local kebab shop over here to make me garlic & cheese chips which are great, but it's still not the same as back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Porklife wrote: »
    That's my all time favourite too.. sometimes I throw in a tub of sour cream to give it a more Italian edge.

Nice.

For me I throw in some lasagne sauce. 1 pint of Lasagne sauce to 4 pints of cream. Gives the carbonara a nice edge. Then ham, peas, sweetcorn, mushrooms, diced potato, carrots, turnip.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

KFC anyone?

If it has to be an old school chipper .....a snack box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Some spice bags are gigantic, got one in a local place a while bag big bag of delicious junk is the only way to describe it

Chicken is the king of hangover foods

Out of curiosity is there any counties in Ireland without a Supermacs and/or a Mcdonalds ?

Leitrim doesn't appear to have a McDonalds from what Google shows.

I'm fairly sure there is no Supermacs anywhere in either Wicklow nor Cavan (Supermacs tends to be a euro or 2 more expensive for a meal than the other chains. Which probably explains its absence from Cavan :pac::pac::pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

As a teenager, circa 96 both parents were out working and on a Wednesday we finished school early.

For a month or 2 I was alone in the house mid day and had chipper chips , battered burgerS and salad cream, with a plate of kerry gold sliced brennan's.

When me ma came home at 5 and and asked what I wanted for dinner, my refusal / lack of a need for food sparked questions of drug use or a smell of my breath.

Even now, in my 40s a plate of salty vinegar covered chips , 1 battered burger , 1 sausage , soft white bread covered in kerry gold and a blob of salad cream.......

Heaven on a plate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Dansak or pathia with pilau rice and a garlic naan.
    I sometimes go to the chipper but I always regret it and wish I home cooked it.

• Advertisement

Dansak or pathia with pilau rice and a garlic naan.
    I sometimes go to the chipper but I always regret it and wish I home cooked it.

Pathia is sadly all too rare in Indian takeaways in Ireland.

Advertisement