Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's your favourite takeaway meal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Chicken with green peppers and black bean sauce
    Egg friend rice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

A good doner kebab is hard to beat

Same with a tasty lamb bhuna

That’s because it looks like somebody’s already beaten it

If it’s too saucy I’ll hold off. Also If it’s looking a bit dry on the spit / any a flies hovering ... tells its own tale

• Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭Odhinn

fussyonion wrote: »
    What's your go-to takeaway order?
    I'm partial to a chicken Madras, naan and pilau rice myself.

Crispy shredded chicken in Szechuan sauce, and chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭passatman86

Taco chips extra garlic sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Spice bag, chicken balls and curry sause. A takeaway without chicken balls or curry sauce is a complete and utter waste of a take away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

Theyve one there, the only one I know is on Grande Parade
    You need a lot of gat on board though.

If your pallette was too unsophisticated for Chicken Hut, and 60 miles away, they'd tick a few boxes.

And the Walkinstown roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Good pizza for sure.

Indian. Something with lamb.

I'm partial to lamb donor kebabs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Esho

I love kebabs - passion for food on Camden st has an amazing shish, best in a takeaway.

L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

A San Sab spice bag, unbelievable. They've won awards for it. Head and shoulders above any other I've tried.

vandriver wrote: »
    And the Walkinstown roundabout

If your pallette was too unsophisticated for Chicken Hut, and 60 miles away, they'd tick a few boxes.

..... Ten outlets

https://www.hillbillys.ie/contact

• Advertisement

Chicken Hut is another cracker. The one in Limerick city is anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Some spice bags are gigantic, got one in a local place a while bag big bag of delicious junk is the only way to describe it

Chicken is the king of hangover foods

Out of curiosity is there any counties in Ireland without a Supermacs and/or a Mcdonalds ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Italian, carbonara with a side order of chips, the carbonara is enough in itself but the chips just ensure you awake the next morning with a carb hangover, don’t know why I do it, but christ, heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

One the chineses around here does 3 in 1 with any sauce...one of the sauces they do is a pretty decent imitation of a thai red curry....my good god.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭Corvo

People who put curry sauce over a big plate of everything need sending to a gulag

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Corvo wrote: »
    People who put curry sauce over a big plate of everything need sending to a gulag

Well what is the "everything" on the big plate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭Corvo

Well what is the "everything" on the big plate?

You know the ones, we all know a person that does it. Noodles on one side, a half dozen chicken balls on the other, some grey stir fry beginning to stick on another side and a handful of chips in the middle all blanketed in a big gloop of radioactive curry sauce.

Gulag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

From a Chinese - Prawn chow Mein & chicken balls with a can of coke - its the best hangover cure.
    Italian - Margarita pizza or a creamy white wine pasta dish from a proper Italian restaurant.
    Fast food - Supermacs chips, double cheese burger, chicken drumsticks, hot chocolate muffin & ice cream.
    Chipper - Chips with loads of salt & vinegar, battered sausages, onion rings & cod fillet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I prefer an authentic cream, mushroom and sweetcorn carbonara myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Garlic cheese chips & a chicken fillet burger. I have lived in England for the last two years so anything smothered with Garlic sauce really is like heaven to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

I prefer an authentic cream, mushroom and sweetcorn carbonara myself.

I hope no Italians read that post.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

chrissb8 wrote: »
    Garlic cheese chips & a chicken fillet burger. I have lived in England for the last two years so anything smothered with Garlic sauce really is like heaven to me.

Chicken fillet burgers go wrong too often for me to consider them favourites. Biting in to a gristle lump that takes up maybe a third of the fillet and causes burger-surgery isn't that common but is still too common

When they work, the chicken fillet and cheese burger from, specifically, King Cod in Gorey is where its at. And is 100km away from me annoyingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

A good curry cheese chips gives me sexual pleasure!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Pcgamer

A battered donkeys dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Teothican

Beef Black Pepper with fried rice and chips

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Who are these mutants who's favourite takeaway is carbonara??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I hope no Italians read that post.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

In no particular order...

A lamb saag with veggie pilau rice from the Indian
    A chicken shawarma kebab with proper chunky chips
    A proper lamb donor kebab is heaven also, I'm talking real lamb, not that sliced minced up dog meat.
    Black pepper beef noodles, especially the ones from Noodle Box in Balbriggan

I'm not a fan of a lot of Chinese stuff as the MSG makes me feel like crap afterwards, it's like poison :(

In no particular order...

A lamb saag with veggie pilau rice from the Indian
    A chicken shawarma kebab with proper chunky chips
    Black pepper beef noodles, especially the ones from Noodle Box in Balbriggan

I'm not a fan of a lot of Chinese stuff as the MSG makes me feel like crap afterwards, it's like poison :(

I’m finding that lately too. I absolutely love the MSG laden ones at the time but I feel like I’ve been out on a session the next day. Never get that even with an Indian or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭sundodger5

:confused:

As a genuine carbonsra has no cream in it that may be what they are getting at.

Advertisement