Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Athletic - Subscription - £1 per month for 12 months

• 09-09-2020 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭

At this link.

Reverts to £7.99 afterwards.

Don't know how long this offer will last, but it's silly cheap at £1 a month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭Shred

That's a fantastic offer, I'm already a subscriber and pretty happy but at that price it's a no brainer if you're a sports fan imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

great offer, is it an intro only offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

What does it cover? Is it mainly US based sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Thanks a lot . Signed up last year when this was half price . Cancelled my sub in September as it was due to renew in October for the full price .

Signed up using the link above and a new email address and went through fine. Just log out of the App or the Website if you have a account already if you want to get this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Brilliant offer, thanks for posting. Like bigron, I signed up for the year at half price last September so I just signed up with a different email as well and cancelled my old one.

For anyone on the fence about signing up, it’s a fantastic site if you’re a football fan, well written and meaty articles covering every PL and Championship team as well as European leagues and a range of other sports outside football (their NBA and MMA writers in particular are top class).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just in time for renewal! Nice one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭mada999

im already a subscriber of the Athletic.co.uk .... is this the same or just for american sports ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

mada999 wrote: »
    im already a subscriber of the Athletic.co.uk .... is this the same or just for american sports ?

Same website entirely, you can use the same account for both US and UK domains.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭mada999

martyos121 wrote: »
    Same website entirely, you can use the same account for both US and UK domains.

nice one cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,185 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great deal thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Cheers for that. They have a great article about Ravel Morrison up at the moment that is worth this months €1.11 alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Is it a real magazine or online access?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

My £24 annual sub expires in December but I think it makes financial sense to sign up now with a new account, no guarantees it will be as cheap as this when I’m up for renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭franglan

FourFourFM wrote: »
    My £24 annual sub expires in December but I think it makes financial sense to sign up now with a new account, no guarantees it will be as cheap as this when I’m up for renewal.

Yep I'm the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Is it a real magazine or online access?

Id Like to know too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Its online access only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭GDK_11

I’m not sure I would pay the 8 quid a month but £1 is value, signed up last night. There are some really good journalists like Rafa Honigstein, Daniel Taylor and Michael Cox and the American sports sections are excellent if that’s your thing.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Vpn gets you dollars off you visit in America. Same deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭donnacha

shocksy wrote: »
    Its online access only.

Nope, you can use their app also. Sign up online, download the app and work away. I did this last night and it works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,756 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Does this give your access to their podcasts or are they already on Spotify etc?
    Is there a big focus on the podcasts or is it primarily articles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

donnacha wrote: »
    Nope, you can use their app also. Sign up online, download the app and work away. I did this last night and it works for me.

Yes and what's being on an app called? It's called being online. Christ almighty.

We weren't discussing web browsers or apps.

The posters asked was it a magazine to which the answer is no. It's ONLINE only.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

As posted above I signed up last year in Sept when it was half price . I cancelled the renewal this week and signed up to this offer.

Happy days :)

thanks OP great deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭BagheeraBlue

Absolute rag with a clear agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Sweet, was waiting to see if there was going to be an offer like this. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭duffman13

Weirldy enough I was signed up for a year which actually already ended but I'm still a subscriber but haven't paid anything since Feb, only realised this when looking at my Google play account. Strange but I'm not complaining

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭duffman13

In what way and in relation to what? There's a huge number of contributors on the site so I'd find a specific agenda hard to fathom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Thanks for the beautiful insight :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭dubmick

this is a great deal. I renewed for $40 during the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

duffman13 wrote: »
    In what way and in relation to what? There's a huge number of contributors on the site so I'd find a specific agenda hard to fathom
    Thanks for the beautiful insight :rolleyes:

Just ignore it lads.

Advertisement