Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Seifer wrote: »

Got 54 and i have only been playing less than a week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

New ranking system for season 3: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/new-league-system-coming-soon-ranked

Sounds very similar to the Starcraft 2 system; which doesn't seem like a good idea in a non-1v1 game :/

The best of 3/5 "promotion" matches sound horribly flawed. You could play as well as you always do and get trolled every time you start your promotion matches and so artificially slow your climb.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Looks tremendous to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Seifer wrote: »
    New ranking system for season 3: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/new-league-system-coming-soon-ranked

Sounds very similar to the Starcraft 2 system; which doesn't seem like a good idea in a non-1v1 game :/

The best of 3/5 "promotion" matches sound horribly flawed. You could play as well as you always do and get trolled every time you start your promotion matches and so artificially slow your climb.

Ugh, I have no idea why they are imitating the Deadcraft 2 system. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Just got my first ever pentakill, only a 1400 elo match. Jungle Mundo is op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wheres good for player stats nowadays? Lolstats is broke and jabebot has been taken offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Meirleach

ED E wrote: »
    Wheres good for player stats nowadays? Lolstats is broke and jabebot has been taken offline.

Try http://www.lolking.net/

Nice site, but some of the stats seem quite dated, to the same extent as lolstats actually :S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

It's very up to date, usually I can view my last game on it.

Yeah, was my mistake.

Had a fair few bugs since the preseason patch. Not fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 TTBrofist

Hey guys new to League, playing aboute 2-3 months now on lvl 20. Im wondering if anyone plays fairly regularly nothing too serious, just a few people who wont dc constantly or feed. Thx :)

TTBrofist wrote: »
    Hey guys new to League, playing aboute 2-3 months now on lvl 20. Im wondering if anyone plays fairly regularly nothing too serious, just a few people who wont dc constantly or feed. Thx :)

Add the channel "Irish Lol" to your chat(hit settings to auto join every time you login). You might get a few games out of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TTBrofist

ED E wrote: »

Add the channel "Irish Lol" to your chat(hit settings to auto join every time you login). You might get a few games out of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Anyone been watching LCS?

Giants played brilliantly against Gambit !

Korvanica wrote: »
    Anyone been watching LCS?

Giants played brilliantly against Gambit !

Watched SK vs Wolves and it bored me to tears. SK very slow to finish that game despite the massive lead they had, since that didn't watch another game for fear of falling asleep

Watched SK vs Wolves and it bored me to tears. SK very slow to finish that game despite the massive lead they had, since that didn't watch another game for fear of falling asleep

You probably watched the worst match so far IMO.

SK have an awful habit of dragging games out too long (they know this themselves) and it usually bites them in the Ass (think the recent backdoors by CLG on them). They dragged the game versus EG out a bit too long too, but their teamfighting was seriously on form and they won everytime. Seems like they don't know when they can win teamfights and are always unsure about initiating.

Watch this match: Giants vs Gambit, giants close it out in only 30 minutes or so. All out aggression, probably the best way to take down Gambit.

For anyone not aware, an Irish lad has mad it into Challenger tier,

Best of luck to him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

TheDoc wrote: »

Best of luck to him ;)

Any Summoner name?

TheDoc wrote: »

Best of luck to him ;)

Fair play to him. Who is it ?

xHustlin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Most played champion...ezreal. Well thats not much of a shock.

Good on him.

Not challenger yet, :/ but fiar play for Diamond 1 !

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Who counters AP Yi mid?

Was thinking Fizz because of his W that reduces healing effects, but tbh meditate is only 10% of the problem. His wave clear is super strong, his ult means he can run away, I don't want to just sustain the lane, I want to kill him.

Something with cc, tried morg but 2 skill shot dependent. So at the moment Annie or Fizz, anyone else?

Nevermind, Chogath mid, owned Yi.

Oh Chogath, is there anything you can't do?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

jesus people do take this game seriously dont they :D i love the game but ive never seen such an angry community

jesus people do take this game seriously dont they :D i love the game but ive never seen such an angry community

It's actually the game that causes the anger. I mean the players are the same players that you probably play against in other games. The only difference with MOBA's is that you have to stick with the same four other people for a whole round. You can't just leave because your team is losing or someone is being a dick (well you can but you'll get banned eventually if you do). And so when you're stuck with a team and they seem to being doing things that you think are quite obviously stupid it pisses you off since they are essentially wasting 30~ mins of your life.

Riot's player behaviour and justice team is working on ways to solve some of the issues that cause the most rage; it will be interesting to see if they can come up with anything that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

can we start boards.ie 5 man teeeeeeem? :/ mid or afk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

yeah i just hate when im having a bad game and some asshat decides to be abusive for the whole game while they generally arnt doing much better, pisses me off just as much when it isnt even aimed at me, particularly in normal non ranked games where people should be learning the ropes of the game anyway

• Advertisement

-Vega- wrote: »
    can we start boards.ie 5 man teeeeeeem? :/ mid or afk.

Feed or Afk...

You talking ranked or just arseing around in normals? I usually just arse around in normals. Ranked is too serious & im not level 30 :/

Advertisement