Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15ARE05 15.6'' Ryzen AMD 16Gb DDR4 3200Mhz 256Gb SSD - €490

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Slight progress with my metal build at last. Green progress bar has moved slightly and it says it's released to manufacturing. No expected shipping or delivery date yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭johndoe77ie

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Slight progress with my metal build at last. Green progress bar has moved slightly and it says it's released to manufacturing. No expected shipping or delivery date yet though.

What date did you order??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Rang Lenovo today 20mins on the phone to be told we dont have a ship date for you yet which is exactly what my order status told me, metal palm rest here

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Ordered mine on the 30th (metal palmrest), still no progress beyond order received on the bar. Got an obvious fobbing off email from Lenovo CS yesterday, slow response, they pretty much ignored my email content and said that it is being prepared for shipping. I don't believe a word of it. At this stage I think I'd rather pay more for a laptop and not be messed around.

Just to update: Another response; an extremely condescending response. That my order is a custom one (thanks, i would never have guessed) and it takes 2 - 3 weeks to build this order. Give us more time. No transparency or communication. I just want to know will I be waiting until June or July but they wont even tell me that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭extremehalo

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Ordered mine on the 30th (metal palmrest), still no progress beyond order received on the bar. Got an obvious fobbing off email from Lenovo CS yesterday, slow response, they pretty much ignored my email content and said that it is being prepared for shipping. I don't believe a word of it. At this stage I think I'd rather pay more for a laptop and not be messed around.

Just to update: Another response; an extremely condescending response. That my order is a custom one (thanks, i would never have guessed) and it takes 2 - 3 weeks to build this order. Give us more time. No transparency or communication. I just want to know will I be waiting until June or July but they wont even tell me that much.

To be fair it did say up to 3/4 weeks for shipping when we were ordering..

• Advertisement

To be fair it did say up to 3/4 weeks for shipping when we were ordering..

It was 2 - 3 weeks when I ordered it (which made me hesitate). It's obviously a lack of supply of a part so they may as well be transparent and give some idea of timeline. I could have reordered with standard palmrest. It's not a lot to ask to have some modicum of customer support.

I'm not being unreasonable querying a total lack of progress on the order/info after two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

BeansBeans wrote: »
    It was 2 - 3 weeks when I ordered it (which made me hesitate). It's obviously a lack of supply of a part so they may as well be transparent and give some idea of timeline. I could have reordered with standard palmrest. It's not a lot to ask to have some modicum of customer support.

I'm not being unreasonable querying a total lack of progress on the order/info after two weeks.

Ordered mine on the 24th and in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

I have released to manufacturing this morning.
    4500U, 2.6mm screen, metal palmrest and 95W USB C charger.
    Hopefully it's not just to fake that things are happening within 3 week timeframe as today is exactly 3 weeks since order confirmed, Apr 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Just FYI, the 14 inch Intel that I ordered with metal palmrest which got cancelled said released to manufacturing also.

I have reordered this 15 inch AMD version last week (only plastic palmrest available), it's saying late June shipping for me, I got a delay email also.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BJG524

Mine out for delivery today acc to tracking

• Advertisement

dos29 wrote: »
    I have released to manufacturing this morning.
    4500U, 2.6mm screen, metal palmrest and 95W USB C charger.
    Hopefully it's not just to fake that things are happening within 3 week timeframe as today is exactly 3 weeks since order confirmed, Apr 24th.

Ya mine went to manufacturing this morning (metal palmrest). I am very relieved. My old laptop is on its last legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Does anyone know if there is any type of similar deal or similar laptop going that might be worth investing in

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

BJG524 wrote: »

Great to hear, hopefully one of many of the first wave of happy customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

What date did you order??

Ordered on the 25th, got confirmation on the 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

BJG524 wrote: »

Mine has been in Dublin since yesterday, but the tracking no longer says it's due to be delivered today and says "In Transit". Still holding out hope it'll arrive today.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Just got mine this morning. Drive was MBR partition so you can either change to legacy boot in the BIOS or reformat to GPT to install windows.
    I'll put up some screengrabs on how to do it in case anyone needs help. Or you can PM me if you get stuck.

Doff wrote: »
    Just got mine this morning. Drive was MBR partition so you can either change to legacy boot in the BIOS or reformat to GPT to install windows.
    I'll put up some screengrabs on how to do it in case anyone needs help. Or you can PM me if you get stuck.

I thought I knew a bit about computers and then you go saying things like "MBR partition' and "reformat to GPT"! :o:D
    Appreciate any pointers you put up about all that.
    Did you opt for the USB C charger or standard? Still some confusion as to whether the USB versions still have a regular power input / 2nd type C / none of the above!
    Any pics appreciated ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Mine is only 36 miles away, but looks like I will have to wait until Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 The Major

Just seen the following message on the UPS website which of course is complete BS. Looks like Monday for me.

"Delivery may be delayed due to an incomplete address. We are working to update the address."

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

I thought I knew a bit about computers and then you go saying things like "MBR partition' and "reformat to GPT"! :o:D
    Appreciate any pointers you put up about all that.

Me too, had to google MBR\GPT! OK so I see GPT is the newer one. Did you need to manually reformat your drive (in FreeDOS) before installing Windows, or did the Windows install organise it all for you, ie ask you to choose which format you wanted and format the drive as part of the installation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BJG524

Delayed till monday... would i be able to go pick it up i wonder in shannon

Any pics appreciated ;)

Its nice a light, the packaging was just a cardboard box with styrofoam. These were the specs I got:
    Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Processor (2.30GHz, Max Boost up to 4.00GHz, 6 Cores, 8MB Cache)
    Operating System - Free-DOS
    Operating System Language - Free-DOS
    Memory - 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Onboard
    Second Hard Drive - 512GB Solid State Drive, M.2 2242, PCIe-NVMe, TLC
    Display - 15.6" FHD (1920x1080), IPS, Anti-glare, 2.6mm Thickness, 300nits, Narrow bezel
    Graphic Card - Integrated Graphics
    Color - Graphite Grey
    Keyboard - Keyboard Backlit Iron Grey English (UK)
    Camera - 720p HD Camera with Array Microphone
    Surface Treatment - Anodizing
    Fingerprint Reader - Fingerprint Reader
    Palmrest - PC/ABS
    Battery - 4 Cell Li-Polymer Internal Battery, 70Wh
    Power Cord - 65W AC Adapter (3pin)-UK
    Wireless - Wi-Fi 6 2x2 AX, Bluetooth Version 5.0 or above
    Language Pack - Publication-English
    Warranty - 1 Year Courier or Carry-in

Here's some pics:
    https://imgur.com/a/htbMqFk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Mines in my local UPS , and also got delayed till Monday.
    Rang them to pick it up, lady said there are a 1000 or so packages on pallets there so will have to wait till Monday.

Here's some pics:
    https://imgur.com/a/htbMqFk

It is VERY pretty....
    Looking forward to getting it eventually.

For anyone who needs to install windows by themselves the wi-fi won't work out of the box due to the drivers not being installed.

You can connect via cable to your router (internet box) to auto download it, or connect via usb tethering to your phone (Make sure to disable the connection once you've downloaded it because you will be downloading a ton of updates after it).

Alternatively to fix this you can install this by downloading it on another computer, or your phone, then connect to the laptop via usb and transfer the file across.

Or if that link doesn't work, the 64 bit link on the left hand side of this page:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29455/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=189347

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Mine just arrived, wasn't expecting it here in Letterkenny until Monday. It is now just staring at me with its DOS prompt, while I'm trying to do some work! Don't think I'll last the afternoon without getting it set up.

You can connect via cable to your router (internet box) to auto download it

No ethernet port on it, right? Are you using a usb/ethernet adapter?

No ethernet port on it, right? Are you using a usb/ethernet adapter?

I was sorry, but phone and usb tethering should work fine just to get the driver installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

p15574 wrote: »
    Me too, had to google MBR\GPT! OK so I see GPT is the newer one. Did you need to manually reformat your drive (in FreeDOS) before installing Windows, or did the Windows install organise it all for you, ie ask you to choose which format you wanted and format the drive as part of the installation?

Any help much appreciated on how to format drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Link to drivers page on Lenovo for anyone who wants them.

Handy for audio, graphics, power mangement, chipset drivers etc.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ie/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/5-series/ideapad-5-15are05/81yq/81yqcto1ww

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement