Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

/DEV/RANDOM

• 18-12-2010 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

UD25Q.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

What is this oh Bacon one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Following the success of the version I starting in The Doctor Who Forum.

It's a place to post random Nocturnal themed pictures, image and videos.
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    What is this oh Bacon one?

Ah cool

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dr-Doom-cover.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

UD25Q.jpg

What is the sauce of this image? If it is a webcomic, I may need to read all of it.

• Advertisement

reallyrose wrote: »
    What is the sauce of this image? If it is a webcomic, I may need to read all of it.

I think that's it, the beginning and end of the piece, or so I imagine. :)

• Moderators Posts: 51,702 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Doom, version 1.0 :P

tumblr_kqvd9crV9D1qzvw5po1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I keep seeing this thread floating around there.... taunting me...

it has DEV in the title and as a software developer it taunts..

so if I may cut in here with some dev talk... I shall. I'm trying to keep my brain active and all that, so am going to get back into coding. only I need ideas of something I could do. So anyone have anything they would like to see their computer or phone be able to do. suggestions please :D

I keep seeing this thread floating around there.... taunting me...

it has DEV in the title and as a software developer it taunts..

so if I may cut in here with some dev talk... I shall. I'm trying to keep my brain active and all that, so am going to get back into coding. only I need ideas of something I could do. So anyone have anything they would like to see their computer or phone be able to do. suggestions please :D

What type of Dev do you do?

What type of Dev do you do?

well when i say i'm a software developer I mean I've gotten my degree in it. i've done c++ java and c#. would prefer to work in c#. and would prefer to do something fairly modern...like an app for a phone.

• Advertisement

well when i say i'm a software developer I mean I've gotten my degree in it. i've done c++ java and c#. would prefer to work in c#. and would prefer to do something fairly modern...like an app for a phone.

In a different life I did C++ , it was like a great big puzzle. Coding was enjoyable, but when you bust in all the maths, oy, took away a large amount of the joy.
    Lots of money etc in phone apps. If you had the skills to make a simple yet addictive game you'd be rawkin'.

ya I'd like to be able to, but for now just want to keep up with what's going on in technology really.

ya I'd like to be able to, but for now just want to keep up with what's going on in technology really.

Phone apps is what's goin' on... phone apps with robotic unicorns and 80s music! :)
    Do you read Wired? It's great for keeping up with what's goin' down. I then tried stepping it up to New Scientist but their new ideas were terrifying and mind-exploding.

Make me a tamagotchi for my phone plz. :3

I don't know what that is, but it sounds annoying... >_>

Make me a tamagotchi for my phone plz. :3

Oh wow that'd be brilliant! I'm sure that exists though... surely someone has done that... if not it's a goldmine waiting to be exploited!

Oh wow that'd be brilliant! I'm sure that exists though... surely someone has done that... if not it's a goldmine waiting to be exploited!

I've looked for one, but haven't found one. :(
    I had one back when they were all the rage. He lived to be 6 months old, and then my mother killed him :(

I've looked for one, but haven't found one. :(
    I had one back when they were all the rage. He lived to be 6 months old, and then my mother killed him :(

Yeah me too. Had to pick it up in Germany where the kids hadn't copped onto the craze yet. My imagination ran wild before I got it... and then it just turned into an irritating chore. Twas no Pokemon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd like my phone to randomly shout "Kneel before DOOM" please.

I'd like my phone to randomly shout "Kneel before DOOM" please.

ah come on lads I need a challenge :D

• Advertisement

ah come on lads I need a challenge :D

Oh, you don't seem to understand. You have to make it say "Kneel before DOOM" and the person must obey. I suggest adapting the hypno-toad app.

jebus lads i'm not with it at all.. few what the fudge are you talking about?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

jebus lads i'm not with it at all.. few what the fudge are you talking about?
    Hypnotoad.jpg

What an ambiguous response.

:pac:

A tamagotchi is an electronic pet from Japan. They were all the rage about 15 years ago. Everyone had one. You had to feed it a few times a day, clean up its poop and keep it happy or it died. I want one for my phone. So much.

All should kneel before Doom, he is your Lord and Master. (Yours, not mine)

Hail Hypotoad. hypnotoad.gif

I hope Rose has made everything clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

A forum for random things and nerdy 'Nix convos. I'll be all over this like stallman at a fair trade lentil conference.

A forum for random things and nerdy 'Nix convos. I'll be all over this like stallman at a fair trade lentil conference.

well just how fond of fair trade lentils are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

well just how fond of fair trade lentils are you?
    Well i am quite fond of lentils in fact, they're being fair trade could surely only add to this! :D

• Advertisement

well in that case I shall take you as a nerd.

greetz!

Advertisement