Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Music in new Guinness add

Options
  • 10-01-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what music is used in the new guinness ad?

It a banjo version of some song but its wreckin my head trying to figure it out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Think its called "Classical Gas", but can't recall the artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hill St Blue

Yep, it's 'Classical Gas' by Mason Williams. Don't know who plays the banjo version though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭ToTheSea:

Ha, just saw the ad and came on here to ask. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Now i remember where i heard it from, i have a load of clapton on my mp3 player & does a great version of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Doctor Zaius

Did a bit of searching and what from I can see that banjo version of Classical Gas is played by Roy Clark.

No idea who Roy Clark is but that's what the internet is telling me. Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 JulietLima

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Zarkonia999

As far as I can tell this is the same track as used in the ad...

http://www.banjohangout.org/topic/163457

It's by Janna Kim, a stunningly talented banjo prodigy from Uzbekistan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

There's also a theory that the version in the ad is by Area Code 615

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GrumpyMike

That's right. The version in the advert is the original by Bobby Thompson who was one of the session musicians who came together to form Area Code 615.

An mp3 can be downloaded from Bobby's page on banjohangout.org

Advertisement