Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

marcbrophy wrote: »
    The Dual SIM N7+ that I got on eglobal for €351 back in May is now €275

Got it in less than 2 weeks.
    Maybe it would support your budget Jaxxx?

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/nokia-7-plus-4gb-64gb-dual-sim-black.html

It's the TA-1062 model :)

Ooh. Now that's tempting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

The Dual SIM N7+ that I got on eglobal for €351 back in May is now €275

Got it in less than 2 weeks.
    Maybe it would support your budget Jaxxx?

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/nokia-7-plus-4gb-64gb-dual-sim-black.html

It's the TA-1062 model :)

Is that the same version that's available from Vodafone / Three, if different what are the differences ?

BTW is gone up to €289

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Is that the same version that's available from Vodafone / Three, if different what are the differences ?

BTW is gone up to €289

The one being sold by 3/VF is the TA-1055 model, global single sim.
    The one on eglobal is the TA-1062 model, Asian dual sim.

There's still English on the phone, and you can change it to the Global dual sim version if you like, with the help of xda.

Sorry about the price, didn't realise it was on a limited time offer when I posted it, but €289 is still pretty good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

It got a good review on the Phone Show for sure.
    Review of this terrific mid-ranger. ZEISS optics, Ozo sound and more make the 7 Plus a great option mid-2018 if you're on a budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Anybody else having problems with their earphone jack continuosly disconnecting with even the slightest touch of the jack

Has to be pushed entirely in - the provided silicone case makes this impossible depending on the jack.

I also find if it isn't 100% in it sends the phone haywire summoning google assistant and other issues.

I've had to use a (admittedly crap) BT set for a while due to slight issues with jacks on the wired headphones I have which is a bit annoying.

Anyone have issues where you're tapping right of screen to progress in Snapchat/instagram and it's detecting a left tap and going backwards? Similar issues with home key touches being detected when i'm trying to tap something low on the screen within an app.

My main gripes but mostly happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yeah the headphone jack needs a good push in but otherwise it's all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Had a 7 plus for a few days. Brought it back for a refund. Charging port was far too lose for my liking. Was told in Vodafone that out of a batch of 20 they got, 5 were returned with faults.
    Unlucky boy

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Morf wrote:
    Has to be pushed entirely in - the provided silicone case makes this impossible depending on the jack.

Morf wrote:
    I also find if it isn't 100% in it sends the phone haywire summoning google assistant and other issues.

Have also had issues with Google assistant but didn't put two and two together...

Might be requesting a Bluetooth earphone set from Three to compensate for a faulty jack piece

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

£289 on Amazon which is about €325.
    Be decent if anyone joined Amazon Prime recently.

Edit: Went out of stock before I could buy it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Heiser

Dropped mine last night and the screen cracked. 1 week old. Knew I should have went for a flip case rather than the silicone one provided.

None of the Chinese shops have replacement screens just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

GBX wrote: »
    Yeah the headphone jack needs a good push in but otherwise it's all good.

Despite the Nokia forum being the fulcrum of complaints about it - it seems that the headphone jack issue is far from an isolated issue for people.

Maybe better that the feeling there is that it's a software issue rather than hardware mess up. Less so that Nokia aren't acknowledging it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Paremon

Heiser wrote: »
    Dropped mine last night and the screen cracked. 1 week old. Knew I should have went for a flip case rather than the silicone one provided.

None of the Chinese shops have replacement screens just yet.

I'm in the same boat, cracked screen (though it works, thankfully) & separately the headphone jack won't accept any headphone (full insertion pushes the headphone back out to 3/4 length, so no sound. Holding it in fully causes audio to flick between internal speaker or headphone... Resulting in Google Assistant activation each time....ie the known issue which Vodafone & Nokia appears to be ignoring).

If you find any 'good' Chinese phone repair stores that do the lcd (& headphone socket) replacement let me know.

V-GSM 48 George's Street LowerDún Laoghaire
    quoted ~€70 or €80 for lcd (part not in stock so full price tbc later this week) & €30 for headphone socket.

Don't think i/we should be paying for headphone socket replacement...Nokia hardware & software issue so they should cover it FOC...or else Vodafone (though Vodafone just say warranty is with Nokia).

Has anyone here tried to get Vodafone or Nokia to address the headphone socket issue after the Vodafone 14 days return period? Eg via phone replacement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

If you fix the screen you will void the warranty for anything else, like the headphone socket. (I'm guessing).

beauf wrote: »
    If you fix the screen you will void the warranty for anything else, like the headphone socket. (I'm guessing).

That's right, but the warranty is not much use so far if Nokia (or Vodafone) don't stand over it for hardware defects (physical headphone jack).

I may wait to see if Nokia admit to & cover the headphone jack hardware defect & contact them directly in the meantime. I can live with the cracked lcd screen (cracks near edges) but i need the headphone jack for my car's aux-in.

Have also had issues with Google assistant but didn't put two and two together...

Might be requesting a Bluetooth earphone set from Three to compensate for a faulty jack piece

Did you contact Three? Outcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

The case provided doesn't provide any screen protection, the screen sticks out further than the case's edge. there's a few on eBay, I got one. Doesn't look as good, but screen would be cracked without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

Staplor wrote: »
    The case provided doesn't provide any screen protection, the screen sticks out further than the case's edge. there's a few on eBay, I got one. Doesn't look as good, but screen would be cracked without it.

Link?

So when are we getting a full release of 9.0 then? :P

• Advertisement

So when are we getting a full release of 9.0 then? :P

I think the official release is middle of Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Heiser

beauf wrote: »

I had a HTC a few years ago. Headphone jack wasn't working from new and then i cracked the screen. Sent it to have the headphone jack to be repaired but they wouldnt repair it under warranty as the screen was broke and said when it was dropped it may have damaged the headphone jack

GBX wrote: »
    I think the official release is middle of Sept.

It went to AOSP on Monday, so hoping for sooner than that tbh :)

https://www.android.com/versions/pie-9-0/

Well, rollout has apparently begun in India!
    We can't be far behind :)

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/nokia-7-plus-android-9-pie-india-rollout-1897247

Well, rollout has apparently begun in India!
    We can't be far behind :)

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/nokia-7-plus-android-9-pie-india-rollout-1897247

Turns out that it's the final beta version:

https://twitter.com/Nokiamobile/status/1027159307249442822?s=19

Still, we're getting close :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Giving how Android P DP4 (Beta 4) V3.150 is now an OTA update (and hence very easy to install), is anybody running it on their device.

Any problems they have, I'm thinking of getting it installed but am wondering if anybody has any negative experience.

Sure I could wait but you know.....

Giving how Android P DP4 (Beta 4) V3.150 is now an OTA update (and hence very easy to install), is anybody running it on their device.

Any problems they have, I'm thinking of getting it installed but am wondering if anybody has any negative experience.

Sure I could wait but you know.....

At this stage, it's more or less Release Candidate, and as that version has been promoted to Production, for Pixels and Essential phones, I'm pretty sure that it's near finished.

If it's OTA, go ahead and pick it up from XDA and bang it on the device.
    You (probably) won't regret it :D

But seriously, I don't have it myself, so I can't say for certain if there's any issues, that would leave you screwed :)

Battery life showing as massively improved for one XDA user. I thought it was brilliant already! Looking forward to getting it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

I have DP4 installed. It's an improvement on DP3 but the battery is definitely not as good as Oreo on any of the Betas I've tried. DP3 had Always on Display as an option but that has been removed for some reason. Also the adaptive brightness is too dark. All in all, it's getting there but I'd be hoping for more improvement in the final version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Thanks all for the feedback, unfortunately even OTA it seems to erase all data so I need to do some preparation work but once that is done I will do the jump.

Advertisement