Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The glade, old grange wood monstarevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Grali87

Hey guys, I'm just after putting my booking deposit down, think I'll be #2. I'm considering going with the turnkey package, it's an extra 10k but not sure. Any insight?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nails91

I think were neighbours, thats my house bro!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nails91

Good to finally hear some feedback from you all.

We got the turnkey service as standard originally. Were hoping to move in September. I think its something to do with the Kildare county council. To be honest, house insurance, life insurance and mortgage protection has me in a tizzy.

Haven't been down in a week or so, we snagged the other day, and there is quite a lot on the snag, and we sent it to Laurie today. To be fair, the whole process has been great and we couldnt be happier with the house etc. Almost to good to be true, but then again, we hoped to be in by now...

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Aaron15

nails91 wrote: »
    Good to finally hear some feedback from you all.

We got the turnkey service as standard originally. Were hoping to move in September. I think its something to do with the Kildare county council. To be honest, house insurance, life insurance and mortgage protection has me in a tizzy.

Haven't been down in a week or so, we snagged the other day, and there is quite a lot on the snag, and we sent it to Laurie today. To be fair, the whole process has been great and we couldnt be happier with the house etc. Almost to good to be true, but then again, we hoped to be in by now...

Niall

We’re in the same boat, snagged last week, list given to Laurie today, from what I hear it takes them a while to complete the snags, here’s to hoping they’re done soon, we should have been in by now, maybe September, hopefully no longer. There was over 100 things on our snag, but I’m
    Told they’re only small things, so fingers crossed

Is there much choice as part of the package?

• Advertisement

Grali87 wrote: »
    Is there much choice as part of the package?

That came as standard for me because I bought in the previous faze, what comes as standard for yourself? Maybe someone could help you out then with what the extras are

Aaron15 wrote: »
    That came as standard for me because I bought in the previous faze, what comes as standard for yourself? Maybe someone could help you out then with what the extras are

The difference from standard to turnkey is; Flooring included, skirting finished rather than just primed, bathrooms tiled rather than tiling allowance and choice of paint colours, rather than all rooms the same colour (which I wouldn't get any choice in so I'm assuming is white)

If I go standard I get a tiling allowance of €1.5k and there are no floors and the skirtings are only primed. For the reduction in hassle alone I'm thinking I'll just go with the package.

I know they say you have a choice of wall colour/tiles/carpets/wood floors etc. Just wondering for those of you who have picked these for their own house, was there many option of tile colours, floors etc?

Also, I don't get any appliances, and I'm not sure how that worked in earlier phases, but how do they do integrated kitchens without the appliances to integrate? [That's probably a stupid questions hahaha]

And for my future neighbors I am a 31 year old Dublin lady, buying on my own :)

Grali87 wrote: »
    The difference from standard to turnkey is; Flooring included, skirting finished rather than just primed, bathrooms tiled rather than tiling allowance and choice of paint colours, rather than all rooms the same colour (which I wouldn't get any choice in so I'm assuming is white)

If I go standard I get a tiling allowance of €1.5k and there are no floors and the skirtings are only primed. For the reduction in hassle alone I'm thinking I'll just go with the package.

I know they say you have a choice of wall colour/tiles/carpets/wood floors etc. Just wondering for those of you who have picked these for their own house, was there many option of tile colours, floors etc?

Also, I don't get any appliances, and I'm not sure how that worked in earlier phases, but how do they do integrated kitchens without the appliances to integrate? [That's probably a stupid questions hahaha]

And for my future neighbors I am a 31 year old Dublin lady, buying on my own :)

In regards to flooring, there is a good bit to choose from, we didn’t get to choose the colours of each room, that would take a lot of hassle out of it, in our phase we got a 1500 Appliences allowance , I got all my own appliances tho. When it comes to picking out the kitchen you’ll be asked to pick Appliences from cash and carry kitchens, that’s the supplier of your kitchen, you don’t have to go with this, but maybe it would save a lot of the hassle doing it that way.

I’m 28 from Dublin moving in with my fiancé

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MiMi1111

Hi

Would anyone have the measurements of any of the rooms or know where id find them??

Out of interest what style couchs are yous going for would i get a corner one into the sitting room?

Anyone else moving in December ðŸ˜

MiMi1111 wrote: »
    Hi

Would anyone have the measurements of any of the rooms or know where id find them??

Out of interest what style couchs are yous going for would i get a corner one into the sitting room?

Anyone else moving in December ðŸ˜

I’ve no idea of measurements , we went with the “saxon” from DFS, we wanted to get a corner sofa, but we didn’t think it would really work in the sitting room because of where the doors are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

Anyone think the prices these are are a bit high? The green space in the estate is a little on the small side and location wise they will be a bit away from the new secondary school on the Athy road.

Brocan would seem similar or lower priced and more central.

Considering a 3 Bed semi in a nice estate could be had for 120K less than three years ago

I’ve no idea of measurements , we went with the “saxon” from DFS, we wanted to get a corner sofa, but we didn’t think it would really work in the sitting room because of where the doors are.

Thanks Aaron yeah i reckon the only way to have a corner would be to close off the door in the sitting room . Are you in yet ??

jodaw wrote: »
    Anyone think the prices these are are a bit high? The green space in the estate is a little on the small side and location wise they will be a bit away from the new secondary school on the Athy road.

Considering a 3 Bed semi in a nice estate could be had for 120K less than three years ago

Considering the market and how it is now all houses are overpriced. Unfortunately i only see them increasing if i bought this house in naas or newbridge it would cost me a 100k more.Feel sorry for people trying to buy

Considering the market and how it is now all houses are overpriced. Unfortunately i only see them increasing if i bought this house in naas or newbridge it would cost me a 100k more.Feel sorry for people trying to buy

The pre school in oldgrange is good, but I can see it being difficult getting a place in future. Lots of new familys in the area, but it is good thing for the town. With the new primary and seconday schools on the way, the town is up and coming.

Sadly the tennis and sports club was refused permission which would have been massive for the kids in the town

Have you been to view the houses in brocan wood? I viewed them, wasn’t too impressed myself, the prices of houses all over the country are going up, it’s no surprise that these houses wore a lol less no more than a year ago. Builders can get the money, and while they can inflation will just keep coming unfortunately.

Thanks Aaron yeah i reckon the only way to have a corner would be to close off the door in the sitting room . Are you in yet ??

Yeah, I don’t think it would be worth blocking one door off.

No we’re not in yet, we’re hoping to be in by the end of this month, please god.

Have you been to view the houses in brocan wood? I viewed them, wasn’t too impressed myself, the prices of houses all over the country are going up, it’s no surprise that these houses wore a lol less no more than a year ago. Builders can get the money, and while they can inflation will just keep coming unfortunately.

Yes. The estate is being built by the builder that has and is still building Ferns Bridge. The estate was originally partially developed and now is being redeveloped.

I do not like the road that brocan is on and green space is very limited for kids playing etc... But it will be great for access to the new secondary school

Yes. The estate is being built by the builder that has and is still building Ferns Bridge. The estate was originally partially developed and now is being redeveloped.

I do not like the road that brocan is on and green space is very limited for kids playing etc... But it will be great for access to the new secondary school

Old grangewood is just around the corner, so I don’t think the estate is poorly placed, I think the houses a very well built, and spacious enough, it’s a nice little town and it’s close enough to Kildare town and newbridge, it ticks the boxes for us, may seem a lil expensive, but in a few years when prices are more inflated, we might count ourselves lucky.

A sports Centre in the town would have been really good tho

Went to see Brocan too much prefer these to be honest and like the fact theres like a countryside feel to where they are located .

Hopefully there is a few kids moving in to the glades ive told my son there is !!!

Yeah, I don’t think it would be worth blocking one door off.

No we’re not in yet, we’re hoping to be in by the end of this month, please god.

Please god is right did i see theres a hold up with kildare county council?

Sorry to bore you with couches but did yous go for a 3 and a 2 ?

• Advertisement

Please god is right did i see theres a hold up with kildare county council?

Sorry to bore you with couches but did yous go for a 3 and a 2 ?

Yeah apparently there’s a delay with the council, but who knows.

Yeah we went for a 3 and a 2 , they’re quite big, I’m hoping they fit. Have you picked anything out for your house yet? Like your kitchen and that?

Yeah apparently there’s a delay with the council, but who knows.

Yeah we went for a 3 and a 2 , they’re quite big, I’m hoping they fit. Have you picked anything out for your house yet? Like your kitchen and that?

I work in the council ill see if i can find out anything.

The sitting room is narrow im struggling picking a couch
    Yeah i picked the kitchen went for the grey shaker husband wanted an american fridge so that caused problems.

He hasnt even seen the house yet.!!!

I work in the council ill see if i can find out anything.

The sitting room is narrow im struggling picking a couch
    Yeah i picked the kitchen went for the grey shaker husband wanted an american fridge so that caused problems.

He hasnt even seen the house yet.!!!

Lovely, thank you

I think the kitchen is big enough for American fridge , it’s a very big space. Yeah we picked the shaker grey as well, I work with kitchens, it’s a very good standard of kitchen.

Lovely, thank you

I think the kitchen is big enough for American fridge , it’s a very big space. Yeah we picked the shaker grey as well, I work with kitchens, it’s a very good standard

I wonder are they just waiting for the council to take charge of the estate

Had to do without the integrated microwave because we went with the American Fridge. Kitchen is fab.

T

Lovely, thank you

I think the kitchen is big enough for American fridge , it’s a very big space. Yeah we picked the shaker grey as well, I work with kitchens, it’s a very good standard

Had to do without the integrated microwave because we went with the American Fridge. Kitchen is fab.

T

I don’t know, we’ve still some snags to be done, and I was up last Saturday and the roads weren’t done, don’t know if they are now tho, maybe they are.

Lovely, thank you

T

Is the council going to be in charge of the estate or is there a management company structure?

Is the council going to be in charge of the estate or is there a management company structure?

It will be the council id imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Wkahmed

Hi all. I am interested in the development and have a viewing on Wednesday. Just had a couple of Qs if some can help answer:

1. How much deposit do they require to book a house and the mode of payment?

2. How much time is available between paying the deposit and signing the contract?

3. How much wait time is there between signing the contract and having the keys in your hand?

4. Are there creches/schools close to the estate?

Apologies if the answers have been provided earlier but wanted the current experiences from people living there now

Wkahmed wrote: »
    Hi all. I am interested in the development and have a viewing on Wednesday. Just had a couple of Qs if some can help answer:

1. How much deposit do they require to book a house and the mode of payment?

2. How much time is available between paying the deposit and signing the contract?

3. How much wait time is there between signing the contract and having the keys in your hand?

4. Are there creches/schools close to the estate?

Apologies if the answers have been provided earlier but wanted the current experiences from people living there now

We paid a 5000 euro booking deposit , bank transfer.

Contracts were signed within 21 days ( for the white goods) don’t know if this is still the case

We still haven’t got our keys, we’re waiting about 8 months and counting.

There’s a crèche on the actual site, there’s a primary school in the area and they’re building a new secondary school

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Wkahmed

We paid a 5000 euro booking deposit , bank transfer.

Contracts were signed within 21 days ( for the white goods) don’t know if this is still the case

We still haven’t got our keys, we’re waiting about 8 months and counting.

There’s a crèche on the actual site, there’s a primary school in the area and they’re building a new secondary school

Sorry to hear about that. I know it must be frustrating to wait this long. Have the developers given a new move in date?

Advertisement