Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Airport Fire Service

1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

gtodaizza wrote: »
    DFB won't be recruiting for a long time after the recruitment drive they have just had and like it is said above they still have an active panel

Airport have a chance but weather or not the panel will be used to fulfill it or not is another story, I guess only time will tell

Dfb prob be 2020/21. Recruit class this summer going in and prob another class after to finish panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 blackmark

gtodaizza wrote: »
    DFB won't be recruiting for a long time after the recruitment drive they have just had and like it is said above they still have an active panel

Airport have a chance but weather or not the panel will be used to fulfill it or not is another story, I guess only time will tell

Panel expired at the end of 2017. This was confirmed in a letter to all panel candidates a number of months back.

blackmark wrote: »
    Panel expired at the end of 2017. This was confirmed in a letter to all panel candidates a number of months back.

So AFS panel didn’t get extended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 blackmark

It was extended upto the end of 2017. If I remember correctly the panel was to expire in June 2017.

blackmark wrote: »
    It was extended upto the end of 2017. If I remember correctly the panel was to expire in June 2017.

Did they use anyone in extension period ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 lostox

Not a sausage.

lostox wrote: »
    Not a sausage.

Well that got people’s hope up for nothing. Hopefully dfb one doesn’t go the same. How many where left on panel

Strange that they contacted the people's current employer's too, that were put on the panel, without their permission and never used them. Would of possibly had a knock on effect with people going for promotion etc.

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Well that got people’s hope up for nothing. Hopefully dfb one doesn’t go the same. How many where left on panel

29. I think.

lostox wrote: »
    29. I think.

Jesus that’s a lot. They obviously massively over estimated expected retirements or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 newrecruit2

Anyone have any idea of pay scale of the airport fire police?

Is it recession proof like a normal public sector job?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gtodaizza

Anyone have any idea of pay scale of the airport fire police?

Is it recession proof like a normal public sector job?

Yes but unfortunately only hired a few years back and for both sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 newrecruit2

Sorry I don’t quite follow? Both sections?

If anyone knows the salaries and benefits it could mean 2 lads I know drop out of the running...which in turn would open it up for 2 more lads that would actually love the opportunity to interview.

What is the job like in comparison to normal fire fighting? Obviously it being in the airport away from everything makes it a bit secluded but anything else?

I’ve a final interview tomorrow and would like as much info as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Toll123

Hey, just wondering if anyone knows when the next recruitment drive will be and if there are any requirements regarding eyesight? Like can you wear contacts for the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Baby S 85

Anyone any information on the next recuirtment drive for firefighter with dublin airport. How do you find out about a recuirtment drive, do you register with the likes of publicjobs.ie,talent pool or do you just keep in contact with dublin airport on a regular basis.

Advertisement