Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭jamesd

Castelli Alpha
    Brooks B17

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

jon1981 wrote: »
    Who's been a good boy then ;)

after a year of being proud of spending almost nothing my spending has coincided with me spending a lot more time on the bike recently. a pair of winter bib tights in the next few weeks should see me right for the year :D

edit...got home to find i'd left something off yesterday's order so winter bib tights now in the post too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭martin.mcevoy

PowerTap P1 Power Meter pedals

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

oconnpad wrote: »
    ^^^^^^
    tax man, you've the wild atlantic way on its way to you :D
    I've a bad habit of building a bike or re-cabling a bike and forgetting to install frame protectors on the outer housing. These little gizmos let me put some protection on any of my bikes without having to undo any cables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

A new boardman bike. Cant wait 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

new cleats
    cleat covers
    arm warmers
    leg warmers
    Garmin out-front mount

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭NBar

New carbon wheels
    Grease
    Rear cassette x2
    Ordered 2 tyres but only one sent
    Gabba
    Oakley glasses
    Rear usb light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Not in the post but just arrived, Hugh Halpin's book Leisure Cycling Near Dublin http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0717140059?keywords=leisure%20cycling%20in%20dublin&qid=1441876409&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1 with routes in Fingal, Meath, Wicklow, Kildare and Louth. Looking forward to working my way through it. Though his cycling times are for someone fitter than me; the first route, the Fairy Castle Pub Crawl, goes from Marlay Park to the Lamb Doyle's, Ticknock Forest, Glencullen and back around in a circle using the R116 in (hah!) two-and-a-half hours. I suspect my time would be double that!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

Cleat covers
    Arm warmers
    Glasses
    Winter gloves

Looking for good bib tights but us ladies don't get such a good selection as the men. I also have a Castelli Gabba jacket on my "want really badly but can't afford" list

• Advertisement

wuzziwig wrote: »
    Cleat covers
    Arm warmers
    Glasses
    Winter gloves

Looking for good bib tights but us ladies don't get such a good selection as the men. I also have a Castelli Gabba jacket on my "want really badly but can't afford" list

I think Lidl have laydeez bibz at the moment. Dunno if they're good or bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Macy0161

First set of clipless pedals and shoes. Don't let me down with your next day delivery CRC, I want to be doing comedy slow motion falls on Saturday...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Macy0161 wrote: »
    First set of clipless pedals and shoes. Don't let me down with your next day delivery CRC, I want to be doing comedy slow motion falls on Saturday...

I've ordered quite a few things from CRC and never been let down on their next day delivery promise. You should be good! They must have a warehouse here in Ireland somewhere?!

I've ordered quite a few things from CRC and never been let down on their next day delivery promise. You should be good! They must have a warehouse here in Ireland somewhere?!
    I have, a couple of times, albeit a few years ago. Just being inpatient this time and want them in time to fit tomorrow evening for my saturday morning spin (assuming I've got the sizing right on the shoes of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

The one time I paid for the "guaranteed" next day delivery with them, they failed completely, unfortunately, and to add insult to injury someone on here ordered at virtually the same time as me and got their stuff the next day having not bothered to pay for it. It was pretty disappointing, to be honest, not least when their suggested remedy was to refund me the 3 quid extra I'd paid - pretty piss poor guarantee at that rate! Never mind the explanation of "it seemed to miss the collection van yesterday evening". Finally got some satisfaction in the form of vouchers after explaining just how shoddy the above response was.

I'm sure the poster here will be fine though!

EDIT: They have more than a warehouse, their entire operations are up the M1 near Belfast!

cython wrote: »
    The one time I paid for the "guaranteed" next day delivery with them, they failed completely, unfortunately, and to add insult to injury someone on here ordered at virtually the same time as me and got their stuff the next day having not bothered to pay for it.
    I'm sure the poster here will be fine though!

EDIT: They have more than a warehouse, their entire operations are up the M1 near Belfast!

That's poor alright! And actually one time i didn't specify next day delivery and it was still delivered next day and had a tracking number. I was thinking they had some operation here because they are much faster and cheaper P&P than Wiggle.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

That's poor alright! And actually one time i didn't specify next day delivery and it was still delivered next day and had a tracking number. I was thinking they had some operation here because they are much faster and cheaper P&P than Wiggle.

The German sites like http://www.bike24.com/ and http://www.bike-discount.de/ still often come out considerably cheaper than either CRC or Wiggle, even with postage taken into account. In my experience, its well worth shopping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I got free P&P from Wiggle yesterday when ordering gloves. I just added the cheapest thing I could find on the site, which was puncture repair patches for about 2 quid. Funnily enough, I got an email from Wiggle last night to say that the repair kit had been dispatched and the gloves would follow :D

PaulieC wrote: »
    I got free P&P from Wiggle yesterday when ordering gloves. I just added the cheapest thing I could find on the site, which was puncture repair patches for about 2 quid. Funnily enough, I got an email from Wiggle last night to say that the repair kit had been dispatched and the gloves would follow :D

Slightly different problem, but with Amazon you can select items to be dispatched together. I asked they be dispatched together because I was getting them sent to parcel motel and they dispatched them separately, so lodged a complaint and they refunded me the cost of parcel motel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭aimnburn

Cannondale Synapse SM Ultegra (2015 model)
    Bib shorts
    Jacket
    Shoes
    Cap
    Lights
    Bottle cage
    Socks!

I'm an excited boy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭NBar

wuzziwig wrote: »
    Cleat covers
    Arm warmers
    Glasses
    Winter gloves

https://www.retto.com/en/cycling/fasts/Gabba.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Two maps from Sustrans for the area around Bristol/Bath/Weston Super Mare/Severn Bridge.

Hope to head over there the week after next for 3-4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭oconnpad

I've a bad habit of building a bike or re-cabling a bike and forgetting to install frame protectors on the outer housing. These little gizmos let me put some protection on any of my bikes without having to undo any cables.

Very handy indeed, were did you purchase them?

Just ordered an Ortlieb bag from nanobike.de. Great price plus I get some VAT back for being in Switzerland!! :)

Shoes and Pedals no longer in the post, they appear to have arrived about half an hour ago!

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Shoes and Pedals no longer in the post, they appear to have arrived about half an hour ago!

good luck!

Rose delivery arrived. New arm / leg warmers, cleats and covers. Really quick delivery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,026 ✭✭✭✭neris

Nothing now :( roll on payday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

A pair of Sealskinz gloves (via the Bargain Alerts thread here) and something else. I honestly can't remember what filler I ordered to get the free postage

Advertisement