Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Has anyone noticed that the sky has been sort of an orange colour recently? I mean not the sky itself but when I looked at the clouds at around midnight there was this definite orange hue which they picked up?
    It looked here as if the sun hadn't quite gone down, there was an orangey hue to the sky when you looked westwards?
    It's been 3 nights in a row now the same phenomenon.
    Admittedly we're in West Dublin Firhouse but light pollution doesn't explain it completely as I have never seen that colour before.
    Anyone know what it might be?
    Thanks in advance!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Been a fabulous morning here near Tralee, cloud increasing but still good sunshine getting through. 10.0C

cXWFCfd.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Gorse fires on Slieve Mish Mountains today looking back towards Brandon. Never ceases to amaze me the selfish actions of some.

Been very dry here near Tralee, no rainfall in 10 days apart from the AWS measuring 1 tip of 0.2mm

fcLGzwn.png?3

Overcast and damp morning gave way to a bright sunny afternoon. Got up to a decent enough 11.2C.

My wife was on a very quite Banna Strand this morning, somebody was being creative earlier :)

j7G11fY.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Horrid day in the Deise - briefly looked like the cloud would split but nope :( So here's hoping for a glimpse of the sky tomorrow. As for the outlook, it really seems like we're getting into a rhythm of regenerating HP at this latitude. I see very little sign of "proper" rain on the horizon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

For a bit of light relief and because of the day that's in it, I am sticking up 2 photos taken in the garden yesterday eve. Whatever happened with the light in the bottom one, something unusual appeared. Told one of the kids earlier that there was a UFO spotted over Mayo!
    Anyway back to the weather. The largely dry past week has been very pleasant with some lovely evening skyscapes and a particularly nice moody one yesterday. This evening was the exception as a weak weather front brought cloudier conditions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

first crap day in a while, raining for past few hours with some heavy bursts mixed in, most of the time the rain is light.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭pad199207

Heavens have opened in Kildare. The smell of Petrichor is fierce.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Sunny in Cork City after two days of cloud. Still some at times but better then nothing. Full week without rain so far

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well the rain finally came this afternoon. Dont think its rained here in North County Dublin for about 3 weeks!

Short but very heavy showers. Sun back out to dry my clothes on the line!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Walked the dog around the block. Never appreciated a rain shower like it after days indoors 💙

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Had a spell of drizzle here earlier for about 20mins, otherwise dry and cloudy, just been out for a walk there and felt very pleasent in the evening sunshine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dry here down south, sunny morning became gradually overcast by evening. I doubt this supposed frontal activity is going to do any more than damp the ground here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

few more dryish days then we're back to normal service, quite unsettled but much milder next week, may even get to the high teens at times with a bit of luck if there is any sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Grace from the offshore island hasn’t posted in a while.

vladmydad wrote: »

Yea I miss her posts, I hope she is ok.

I would have thought she is one of few of us safe from this virus being out on island.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

The last 3 lines are ……..:confused:

kkLU8qS.png

I liked the her poetry lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Was a nice enough day in Cork city. Cloudy but sunny at times. A cold enough wind but warm in the sun. It was dry is the main thing!

I tried PM Grace but it said her inbox was full so it wouldn't send.

Hope she is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

The lack of decent sunny spells is a little annoying, all last week there really wasn't much in the way of a decent midday sunny spells, this morning was nice but was cloudy by1pm.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

I really hope she's all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

appledrop wrote: »
    I tried PM Grace but it said her inbox was full so it wouldn't send.

Hope she is ok.

she has a blog going, I assume its her , she had it linked from boards , post as of yesterday

https://islandanchorhold.blogspot.com/

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

cloudy and chilly feeling day here in Meath.

Just back from a walk.

Chilly enough in the breeze for April. Great to be out in fresh air though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Back to the weather.
    Absolutely beautiful day out at the moment very mild even warm grand breeze out good drying out no cold in it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭giveitholly

ZX7R wrote: »
    Back to the weather.
    Absolutely beautiful day out at the moment very mild even warm grand breeze out good drying out no cold in it at all.

Flogging down rain at the moment,think the rest of the week won't be too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Wet windy morning went out for a walk there and got wet. The last few days have been dry here but windy and cold when you’re out in it but at lease it was dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Holding dry here in Castlebar.very mild with Casement reporting 14 degrees @ 11am

• Registered Users Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭pad199207

Mild breezy morning with some sunshine in Kildare. 14.7c

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Great day in Dublin (16). Sunny. 14.8c atm.

Advertisement