Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭De Bhál

rawn wrote: »
    "NEVER SELF CHECKOUT

it's not convenient for me to help corporations fire workers so they raise their profits. I stand in line and when the lines back up, the store calls more cashiers to the front. If we keep doing it, they'll need to hire more people. NEVER SELF CHECKOUT"

:o:o:o

Good, more space at the self checkout for the rest of us.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

"NEVER SELF CHECKOUT

it's not convenient for me to help corporations fire workers so they raise their profits. I stand in line and when the lines back up, the store calls more cashiers to the front. If we keep doing it, they'll need to hire more people. NEVER SELF CHECKOUT"

She (or he) is one of the reasons why i do my shopping on Saturday or Sunday morning as early as possible.
    Go waste someone else's time, not mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

inforfun wrote: »
    "NEVER SELF CHECKOUT

She (or he) is one of the reasons why i do my shopping on Saturday or Sunday morning as early as possible.
    Go waste someone else's time, not mine.

They don't seem to mind putting the people that make the self-service checkouts out of a job!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,851 ✭✭✭thesandeman

In fairness, that's a policy I've always stuck to myself for those reasons. I don't go around preaching about it though (until now).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

pilly wrote: »
    I'd love to know do they not teach spelling in school anymore?

That's not a FB status btw, genuine question.

Most of these people grew up in houses where there were no books or newspapers ever, or paper or pencils, no stories were read, no coloring in even. It was in front of the Telly when it was raining and out in the road when it was dry.
    A primary teacher told me 20 years ago that kids of 4 were coming to school who had never turned a page in a book, didn’t know how, and never held a crayon or a pencil in their little hand. Had to be shown how.
    It’s a miracle they learned as much as they did!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It was "cool" among teens to misspell everything for a while, not sure if it's still going on. It certainly would lead to illiteracy at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

A former schoolmate:
    "Cannot wait....hav w8d so long 4 dis....birthday prezzie bein cashed in 2nite best surprise evr....#shopping #dublinbound".

I wonder what she does with all the time she saves writing in text speak.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

**** y do family s bud n in other people's relationship s honestly I'm sick of it I love **** I'm not like any skum bag if I did not love him y wud I walk true for him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

**** y do family s bud n in other people's relationship s honestly I'm sick of it I love **** I'm not like any skum bag if I did not love him y wud I walk true for him

This is sooo romantic.
    “walk true for him” sigh !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

splinter65 wrote: »
    This is sooo romantic.
    “walk true for him” sigh !!!

Probably meant "walk through him"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

"I'm not like any skum bag"
    No you're not, love. Most 'skumbags' that I know are capable of spelling the words 'scum bag"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I've given it a go...

Why do families butt into other people's relationships, honestly I'm sick of it. I love ****. I'm not a scumbag, if I didn't love him I'd walk, and he'd do the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

Adverts :)
    Eldis caravan 4 Bert in good condition true out 1 dubbel bed to bunk beds Everything Works as day shud very clean and dry caravan to new tiers lites work by Batry or electric with have small jeneratr going with sale idea for camping with family at sumer tyme very easy to tow plenty of sbace no reasonable offer refused tanks for lookin way part exchange wot u got cash my way but will do a really good cash deal as I need the sbace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

emeldc wrote: »

The reply to a prospective purchaser is even better!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

The reply to a prospective purchaser is even better!

Those replies are almost worthy of their own thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

emeldc wrote: »
    Eldis caravan 4 Bert in good condition true out 1 dubbel bed to bunk beds Everything Works as day shud very clean and dry caravan to new tiers lites work by Batry or electric with have small jeneratr going with sale idea for camping with family at sumer tyme very easy to tow plenty of sbace no reasonable offer refused tanks for lookin way part exchange wot u got cash my way but will do a really good cash deal as I need the sbace

Is that spelling and grammar deliberate for some reason, or are there really fully functional adults that thick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Gravelly wrote: »
    Is that spelling and grammar deliberate for some reason, or are there really fully functional adults that thick?

I feel kind of bad for laughing as I googled them and I would hazard a guess that literacy might be an issue.
    Or they're just being "funny". Not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Gravelly wrote: »

De nevr god no ejumicashun

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Bang of pikey off dat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

See u XXXX xxxxx the likes of u to put up statuses and block me and to call names down a phone and u no more then 4 stone weight from all the drugs when did u become a women easily known im not living up there no more that u get brave down a phone u must be smoking the stuff with the smell of a fella u have u dont know what ur saying threatening me on people and when I ring u and say it to u u get to know yourself keep to ur word there and come to limerick tomorrow remember thurles is only 45mins away for me if u dont come down anyway delicate back and for anyone else who has a problem get ur window licker pass and come down with her and all ye smell bags anyway happy weekend folks😘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

mackeire wrote: »
    See u XXXX xxxxx the likes of u to put up statuses and block me and to call names down a phone and u no more then 4 stone weight from all the drugs when did u become a women easily known im not living up there no more that u get brave down a phone u must be smoking the stuff with the smell of a fella u have u dont know what ur saying threatening me on people and when I ring u and say it to u u get to know yourself keep to ur word there and come to limerick tomorrow remember thurles is only 45mins away for me if u dont come down anyway delicate back and for anyone else who has a problem get ur window licker pass and come down with her and all ye smell bags anyway happy weekend folks😘

At least they ended on a good note.

what's a window licker pass & should I apply for one?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    what's a window licker pass & should I apply for one?

Aphex Twin is from Limerick isn’t he? Maybe they regularly watch his bizarre Window Licker video!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

when did u become a women easily

Should we even ask? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

"Delicate back" has me stumped. Window licker pass, also known as the psycho pass, gaga pass etc is the travel pass for people with mental disabilities or chronic mental health problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

See u XXXX xxxxx the likes of u to put up statuses and block me and to call names down a phone and u no more then 4 stone weight from all the drugs when did u become a women easily known im not living up there no more that u get brave down a phone u must be smoking the stuff with the smell of a fella u have u dont know what ur saying threatening me on people and when I ring u and say it to u u get to know yourself keep to ur word there and come to limerick tomorrow remember thurles is only 45mins away for me if u dont come down anyway delicate back and for anyone else who has a problem get ur window licker pass and come down with her and all ye smell bags anyway happy weekend folks��

This hurt my head, trying to read it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fathead82

Seen someone selling "2 bees on freeze bitches" on one of the for sale pages. Underneath was a picture of two bichon frise dogs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

A friend of a friend added me on fb after we got on well at a wedding, lovely girl but **** ME she posts EVERYTHING she does on FB. Everytime she gets new furniture, goes to the gym, eats a grape, goes to work, comes home from work - she puts it on Facebook. WHY!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Window Licker pass ?? hmmmm ...

Well if I learned one thing from this thread it's that Aphex Twin is from Limerick !!

I didn't know!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I know exactly what they mean with that pass and i cant be the only one :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

inforfun wrote: »
    I know exactly what they mean with that pass and i cant be the only one :D

And you think it's amusing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement