Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

George Foreman €20 @ SuperValu

• 10-01-2019 8:24pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

71YHx4bydBL._SX569_.jpg901525318.jpg

3 portion grill in Supervalu €20 till Wednesday while stocks last. Selected Stores Only.

• Bevelled steel upper housing with inner plate branding and steel handle
    • Easy to clean non-stick coated plates
    • Adjustable rear foot for flat or angled cooking - flat cooking ideal for sandwiches and paninis or angled for meat
    • Grill can be stored vertically, including the drip tray with cord storage
    • Power on and ready to cook indicator lights
    Spec on Amazon
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SATNAV

Great price , got one today , totally new style kitchen at home is looking very posh !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good deal.. though would prefer one with removable plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Basq wrote: »
    Good deal.. though would prefer one with removable plates.

We spent a bit more on one with removable plates. Much better for cleaning. Think we paid €50 and it was reduced for Black Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Looks like it's paninis and burritos for the next 3 months. Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Local SuperValu didn’t get many of these. Any stock in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

CFC007 wrote: »
    Local SuperValu didn’t get many of these. Any stock in Dublin?

I got one in Casey's of Lusk yesterday and they had about 4 more left in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Saw some in Talbot St on Friday, no sign today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I picked one up in Lidl last night, completely different model however, and different price 30€.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    So you got a George foreman that’s not a George foreman and paid €10 more :pac:

No it is a GF, just different style and was 5 piece, 10€ more, just an easy buy rather than going on a wild goose chase around the local SV's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

They're owned by the same company who own Russell Hobbs so can get the same grill under that brand too, just in case it's available somewhere cheaper.

1459495206119_russellhobbs19922.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

We've bought various George Foreman grills over the years, and even being careful not to use anything metal to clean them, the coating hasn't lasted at all. They should call them Michael Jackson grills. The last grill we bought was from Aldi/Lidl (can't remember which), and it was a Hairy Bikers one. Three years down the line, and there's no hint of the coating disappearing.

Better off with a panini press and an air fryer imo

Interesting about the air frier that you mention it.

I understand that it's more healthy, but it seems a longer cooking time, surely the thing is an energy hog? How do you find running one. What do you cook in it?

TallGlass wrote: »
    Interesting about the air frier that you mention it.

I understand that it's more healthy, but it seems a longer cooking time, surely the thing is an energy hog? How do you find running one. What do you cook in it?

I dunno why I was thinking the powers where comparable, it just occured to me that an oven could easily use 1/2kw of power. I doubt the air frier is drawing anything even near that P/H.

So I guess, what would you cook in it? Just chips or other stuff, interested.

Wheety wrote: »
    We spent a bit more on one with removable plates. Much better for cleaning. Think we paid €50 and it was reduced for Black Friday.

Sorry for the triple post. Just to address this one! I tested a tip from YouTube there when doing the test run with some chicken.

Buy some baking paper, place the paper on bottom and top of product and cook as normal. Literally no hassle at all with cleaning tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Lidl have foreman for €29

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Seve OB wrote: »
    Lidl have foreman for €29
    fhe lidl one on sale do not have the removable plate

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ult1mat3X

So you got a George foreman that’s not a George foreman and paid €10 more :pac:

Hooray, look at this awesome guide about George Foreman grills, here is the best models reviewed in 2019! Also, I ensure you that GrillGuru team writes only unbiased and trusted reviews based on the real research! Have a look and read the article if you interested to learn more about them!

Advertisement